New shampoo containers?

Do they still have the hand soap for the sinks or do they have a dispenser there now as well?

Ahhj the joys of first world problems. I for one don't think they look cheap but that's just me. In the end if I begin to worry that someone may do something perverted and nasty in a hotel soap dispenser I will probably just be better off staying home. A hotel room is easily occupied by thousands of people in a year. I lay my head on a pillow that may have a clean pillow case on it but underneath its a wealth of germs. Ever look around at WDW at the hot, sweaty people all around you? That's who showered in your shower, that's who's hand flushed your toilet before they washed it lol. My theory is that I am a clean freak extraordinaire but I have to just block out the scary thoughts when I stay at a hotel. Or I would literally never go anywhere.

I'm confused.:rotfl:

Do people really not bring their own shampoo/conditioner when on a week long (or so) vacation? :rolleyes1 I mean, for a one night hotel stay, what does it really matter? But for several days? All hotel shampoo is yucky and conditioner is worse :crazy2:(at least for my silky smoooth fine limp hair, and DD's thick and beautiful wavy hair):cutie:

I sure do have my share of cute little Disney shampoo bottles, but who can get anything out of them?!?!!!:confused3 So, when on vacation we bring our own shampoo and bring the little bottles home. HAHAHA. 2 weeks of shampoo or conditioner can easily fit in the 3oz travel/carry on bottles. :woohoo:Haven't really considered anything else.

The jury is out on the communal shower gel or soap...:scared1: reminds me of the gym or high school shower room. Creeps me out.:confused:

:wave:

Last edited:
We just returned from a couple night stay at both All Star Movies and Caribbean Beach. In both resorts we had individual containers that were 2oz of the H2O sea minerals (green shampoo).
All Star Movies provided shampoo, conditioner (separate bottle) and soap
Caribbean Beach provided shampoo, conditioner, soap and lotion

I was at Animal kingdom a week or so ago and it was just the H2O bottles. Don't think I saw any dispensers.

No, trust me, the Ritz, the Four Seasons, and all else, WANT you to take them. Google it.

Problem is, they want to cut costs. I get it. I also bring my own WEN style cleansing conditioner, my own soap (I use a combination of Dial and Dove, so bring both, a couple bars of each, and throw them out when I leave).

I wouldn't use a dispenser on the wall, my own choice. Others may do as they wish! I'm sure they're fine.

I cracked up over this shampoo they had at the Malmaison Hotel in Scotland!
P4040583.jpg

Ahhj the joys of first world problems. I for one don't think they look cheap but that's just me. In the end if I begin to worry that someone may do something perverted and nasty in a hotel soap dispenser I will probably just be better off staying home. A hotel room is easily occupied by thousands of people in a year. I lay my head on a pillow that may have a clean pillow case on it but underneath its a wealth of germs. Ever look around at WDW at the hot, sweaty people all around you? That's who showered in your shower, that's who's hand flushed your toilet before they washed it lol. My theory is that I am a clean freak extraordinaire but I have to just block out the scary thoughts when I stay at a hotel. Or I would literally never go anywhere.
Somehow I feel better and worse after reading this! :crazy2::tongue:

Late March/Early April we were at POFQ and CBR both of which has the built in bottles. I probably wouldn't mind so much but in both rooms the dispenser bottles were not clean - lots of "soap scum" on the front and bottom of the bottles worse at CSR than POFW.

Both were one night stays at the beginning and end of a longer stay at OKW (still has individual containers) I did leave a note with my tip mentioning that they could use a cleaning for the next guest.

I bring my own because I have a strong preference in brands so i didn't use them but again - it would be nice if they were cleaned.

Last edited:
Late March/Early April we were at POFQ and CBR both of which has the built in bottles. I probably wouldn't mind so much but in both rooms the dispenser bottles were not clean - lots of "soap scum" on the front and bottom of the bottles worse at CSR than POFW.

Both were one night stays at the beginning and end of a longer stay at OKW (still has individual containers) I did left a note with my tip mentioning that they could use a cleaning for the next guest.

I bring my own because I have a strong preference in brands so i didn't use them but again - it would be nice if they were cleaned.

I don't mind the dispensers, but yeah, if they are going to have them I think a thorough cleaning of them and the holders should be part of the "room-flip" routine between guest.
10 to 1 the Mouse-keeping hates this for the record. Probably much easier for them to just drop off the individual bottles and get on with their day instead of having to refill and theoretically clean the pumps.

Is it just the shampoo or the soap as well that are in the dispensers❓
The 3 bottles are shampoo, conditioner, and body wash.
gCUJkSe.jpg

Last edited:
Well I will be using my owners locker to stock all of this going forward.

Between fear of tampering and the potential for mold and germs, I’ll pass on these. I realize that the smaller bottles are environmentally unfriendly so I’ll just give up on them as graciously as I can. H2o is a nice enough brand that I canuse it.

I also bring extra pillowcases and chlorine wipes too. Last trip I had to clean the shower bc the floor had dirt marks.

Last edited:
Hmmmm.... it sounds like I'm in the minority here, but I have no issues with the shampoo/conditioner/body wash dispensers, and when I saw pics, I remember thinking "Yay! That's less I have to pack in my suitcase!"...... Lol. To each his own I guess!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter