New Studio for Tuesday Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel bad for everyone involved. I always admired Pete for making positive changes in his life, and truly hope he has the strength to get through this as well. I would love to see the show continue with John and Kevin, maybe even the return of Panda, great personality and love for Disney. I really have not liked some of the recent political slants on the show, hope it goes back to the original intent. Dining shows were my favorite, and I hope that at least continues. Again, sad situation overall, but wish everyone the best no matter what happens!

Regardless of what happens with all this, I think Pete had a somewhat important place in the Disney sphere in that he could be often actually critical about Disney without being afraid of them. There are just way too many corporate bootlickers who won't speak Ill of the mouse even if it is warranted.

Wow - so many conspiracies.
Seriously folks. Can't you take what was said at face value? Why look for dirt?

There is no conspiracy.
The two lawsuits filed against Pete, with one including Dreams as a defendant, are absolutely not a conspiracy. It is fact they exist and can be verified by anybody. The underlying allegations in those cases and truth thereof remains to be seen and proven or disproven. But credit card cases in Florida are typically fairly straightforward, and I wouldn't anticipate the cases being dismissed without a settlement. Dreams' affirmative defenses in its pleading also are illuminating as to their position as related to Pete, though I find it interesting they have not [yet] filed a crossclaim.

Sean's and Dustin's accountings on a third-party site are of course one side of a different story, though I would certainly doubt we'd ever hear Pete's side of the story, so certainly people should refrain from assuming all assertions to be 100% true and making judgment. But, the multiple accountings do not paint a pretty picture, and are fairly consistent. There is quite a bit of detail, and matches what any of us outsiders would have seen from afar, at least me anyway as just a listener and never having met anyone involved. Comments from former team members seem to support those accountings. With that said, I would tend to agree with Jrb that this isn't a conspiracy, but none of us will ever know the full story.

Regardless, it will be interesting to see what happens moving forward with practical ramifications to Dreams and these boards and the displugged network. While Dreams is owned by Pete, John, and Donna, I am less certain who owns these message boards and the displugged network. If the lawsuits aren't dismissed someday, and *if* Dreams' assertions in their affirmative defenses are true, it would seem Pete and Dreams will necessarily have to part ways. But, I am not sure John or Kevin or whoever else can simply take displugged with them to a new studio; they may need to re-brand and start over, which hasn't appeared [to me] to be something John or Kevin would be interested in doing. I have no actual idea in that regard though. But, yeah, the mobility issues to the current 'studio' is clearly just a smokescreen.

My guess is they will announce that they are cancelling the show because the Amex is maxed out and they can’t afford to build out the new studio.

My guess is they will announce that they are cancelling the show because the Amex is maxed out and they can’t afford to build out the new studio.
What needs to be built, though? (Asking honestly because I have no knowledge of these things.)

If Pete owns the equipment they’ll have to buy it from him. If Dreams owns it, the cameras and mics should be able to move over. So, soundproofing, seating and tables, internet upgrade.

Will it be in the thousands, or tens of thousands? (Again, honest question.)

This whole thing is just such a mess and so sad! I’ve listened to them from the very beginning. Saw many come and go! And while everyone “knew” that some didn’t leave on the best of terms, what has come out was not expected!

Seeing soooo many young men come and go over the years in the manner they did never seemed right to me. They'd be fawned over one week and gone the next.

What needs to be built, though? (Asking honestly because I have no knowledge of these things.)

If Pete owns the equipment they’ll have to buy it from him. If Dreams owns it, the cameras and mics should be able to move over. So, soundproofing, seating and tables, internet upgrade.

You really don't need to spend much at all to produce a basic podcast unless you want to.

Without knowing for sure, I would think that DIS (not Dreams) owns the current equipment. The podcast is a product of the DIS. Dreams (a separate company) is a sponsor.

If the above is correct, then yes the equipment just moves to a new location. I suspect the new location is the difficult thing. Where do they move it to? Will there be rent/lease costs for the new facility. Do they need to upgrade the facility with more electrical circuits? Sound proofing? Lighting? If so, how long would that take?

But as to costs, I'd put the number in the 10's of thousands. Unless they go low budget and cram the stuff into somebody's home/garage that is. However, doing that may result in having to compromise on the quality of the production.

The two lawsuits filed against Pete, with one including Dreams as a defendant, are absolutely not a conspiracy. It is fact they exist and can be verified by anybody. The underlying allegations in those cases and truth thereof remains to be seen and proven or disproven. But credit card cases in Florida are typically fairly straightforward, and I wouldn't anticipate the cases being dismissed without a settlement. Dreams' affirmative defenses in its pleading also are illuminating as to their position as related to Pete, though I find it interesting they have not [yet] filed a crossclaim.

Sean's and Dustin's accountings on a third-party site are of course one side of a different story, though I would certainly doubt we'd ever hear Pete's side of the story, so certainly people should refrain from assuming all assertions to be 100% true and making judgment. But, the multiple accountings do not paint a pretty picture, and are fairly consistent. There is quite a bit of detail, and matches what any of us outsiders would have seen from afar, at least me anyway as just a listener and never having met anyone involved. Comments from former team members seem to support those accountings. With that said, I would tend to agree with Jrb that this isn't a conspiracy, but none of us will ever know the full story.

Regardless, it will be interesting to see what happens moving forward with practical ramifications to Dreams and these boards and the displugged network. While Dreams is owned by Pete, John, and Donna, I am less certain who owns these message boards and the displugged network. If the lawsuits aren't dismissed someday, and *if* Dreams' assertions in their affirmative defenses are true, it would seem Pete and Dreams will necessarily have to part ways. But, I am not sure John or Kevin or whoever else can simply take displugged with them to a new studio; they may need to re-brand and start over, which hasn't appeared [to me] to be something John or Kevin would be interested in doing. I have no actual idea in that regard though. But, yeah, the mobility issues to the current 'studio' is clearly just a smokescreen.
Since I “liked” this, I just wanted to add one afterthought. It has been mentioned on several occasions before that Kevin had issues getting into the old/current studio. It wasn’t a matter of entering that house, if I remember correctly. It was a matter of being able to situate at the discussion table. Someone else may remember that part better than me.

However, the timing of this move is very aligned with the recent developments. The quick send off says the most….this was a move announced with zero fanfare. It is not a lie that he would need a new studio to participate at the roundtable discussion. However, I think the recent revelations and court filings were what catapulted the need to move into a certain and rather awkward reality

It can't survive with his presence. Way too much of a liability.

Does anyone know if there has ever been a scandal(s) this big in the Disney vlogger community? I know of the Trackers which seem to be small potatoes relative to this. It‘s really a tragedy all the way around, we have traumatized young men, a business partnership upended, a popular show being yanked around, employees like Craig and Ryno etc who are caught in the middle and Pete who Im not sure what to say other than I’m saddened since here is someone who really has a talent of connecting with an audience and helped create something special.
Why are Craig and ryno staying then? If this is all 'true' there is no way they wouldnt have been exposed to it since their time there. Hope these allegations are not true and this is all a misunderstanding. If it is true, shame on the enablers and people who stuck around to promote. Shame on me too.

Why are Craig and ryno staying then? If this is all 'true' there is no way they wouldnt have been exposed to it since their time there. Hope these allegations are not true and this is all a misunderstanding. If it is true, shame on the enablers and people who stuck around to promote. Shame on me too.
It's a paying job and not too easy to get a different, similar job, I imagine. Their predicament can't be pleasant for them.

I agree. From what has been said on the other site, it doesn’t paint Ryno in a very good light, and Craig was stuck in a terrible situation trying to support himself and then a new family.

I think the show is dead simply because I can’t support the people in charge anymore. Kevin and John had no idea? Come on.

No one needs to support a podcast going forward where there were these things going on. It’s not that important. There are a dozen other podcasts now with better formats and hosts who aren’t tainted by this.

And if they don’t address what happened, if they sweep it under the rug, then they should not continue because that goes from being placed in a bad situation to being an accomplice to covering-up criminal and morally repugnant behavior.

I agree. From what has been said on the other site, it doesn’t paint Ryno in a very good light, and Craig was stuck in a terrible situation trying to support himself and then a new family.

I think the show is dead simply because I can’t support the people in charge anymore. Kevin and John had no idea? Come on.

No one needs to support a podcast going forward where there were these things going on. It’s not that important. There are a dozen other podcasts now with better formats and hosts who aren’t tainted by this.
Craig and Ryno are popular enough in the Dis community that they could either forge ahead on their own, or join another existing company. I like the idea of bringing back favorites from the past to join them - Deni, etc.

A lot of Disney vloggers have proven that you can make a good living by simply creating regular content. Is the Dreams Unlimited sponsorship really necessary? They could easily find multiple other sponsors for content creation.

And let's not forget about the possibility of these boards having a new owner (Craig, Corey...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter