We were on Batuu for the first time this week and had the chance to try a couple of the new food offerings. The Ronto-less Wraps are delicious!! The protein tastes much like an impossible burger to me and the kimchi slaw has a nice bite. We even went back the next day for a second one. We also tried the chocolate popcorn and really liked it, it tastes just like Cocoa Puffs. My DIL liked it so much we got a second bag. We thought it better than the original Kat Saka blend.
I am excited to try these. Might been the only one in my family though. Got to love picky eaters.

I just booked this morning for Nov 13 at Oga's. It will be the first time for me. Last time I was there was during the 1st day of the reservation period for Galaxy's Edge. I wasn't able to get into Oga's back then. I'm so excited to experience this! Hope everyone gets the reservations they want.

I can't believe how hard it is to cancel Oga's reservations. I am trying to cancel for Saturday and book Carnation Cafe instead. I thought I cancelled online, but when I went to book Carnation Cafe, it said I had Oga's and the only option given was to keep Oga's. Since I already "cancelled" Ogas, I went back to my reservations and saw it still there and it says I have to call to cancel, but has a change reservation button. I thought I could change it to a later date, get my Carnation reservation and then call later when they are open to cancel the Ogas. When I click the change button it just goes to a blank screen. Tried a couple times.

I tried calling, but it is too early, so I just got the recording that they are closed and that I can book my experiences online or through the app. I'll call when they open, but there's not a lot of availability at Carnation Cafe for the times we want and I really wanted to secure that now.

It must be a glitch because I canceled a reservation without any issues yesterday.
Yep, must be a glitch. I got someone on the phone just now and they said it's already cancelled and I am the third person in a row who has called with that issue. I'll have to call the dine line to book Carnation Cafe since Disneyland.com won't let me book it still due to my ghost reservation.

Finally made it! DL version, some notes:

- It was solidly busy. The whole park was, tbh, but a manageable level of busy. I think MFSR broke down for a bit and unfortunately this happened while I was on the line but otherwise the wait was consistently around 45 min.
- I sorta get the concern about GE not being based on a more well known land but the detail and immersion really was incredible, and I know it's probably not happening for some but I strongly recommend putting aside preconceived notions about what it should have been and enjoy what it is.
- Oga's was fantastic. Will definitely be returning in April when I'm at WDW.
- Also... the Blue Milk was really good? I don't know if they changed the formula (had heard some talk about this happening at WDW) but I really liked it, to the point that I almost got a second cup.
- Didn't see any characters aside from stormtroopers. There's already been plenty of talk about how they need to add to this but yeah it was a real bummer. Droids would be great, more photo ops with characters, etc etc etc.
- About Smuggler's Run: so... I rode it twice and I came away with mixed feelings. First time I was engineer and second I was the gunner and in both cases I felt like I would have rather ignored my duties and just enjoyed the ride, mainly because the controls are to your side and it felt like a distraction IMO (this was more of an issue for engineers than gunners, since you just have to jam the one button to shoot). Guessing the pilot seat is the way to go since you have a better view of what's happening while you control the ship.
- On soundtracks: in other posts here I found myself leaning towards having more music in the area and I came away thinking the current situation is mostly fine? It might be neat to have the soundtrack playing in the falcon area but I'm not sure that's feasible. In any case I can go either way on this at this point.
- STRONGLY recommend visiting both during the day and at night. It's a really cool scene at night.

Non GE notes:
- the Haunted Mansion Nightmare overlay is absolutely fantastic, couldn't believe how much work they put into this. Unfortunately it was down for most of the day, ended up hitting it later at night after the wait time peaked at 2 hours. O_O
- Did NOT see Francisco the California Adventure cat and am kinda bummed about it.
- Hyperspace Mountain overlay was a delight, as usual.

So, we are deciding on when to go to Disneyland next year and the most convenient time to go is around the time ROTR opens. We definitely want it to be open when we go. A family member says we shouldn't go in January because "we don't actually know that ROTR is really going to be open." I'm trying to convince him that if Disney said they're opening the ride on a specific date, they're going to. I know they delay ride openings sometimes but have they ever actually delayed a ride opening when they announced the exact date (for example they said ROTR would be open in the summer and then they said it would be open by the end of the year but neither of those times were specific dates)? I hope this makes sense. Basically help me tell him that ROTR is for sure opening on January 17th since it is and he's not convinced.

I think that if ROTR opens on time in December at WDW, then it will likely open on time in January in DL. Otherwise, your guess is just about as good as mine! We're not going until early March and even then, I don't have much confidence right now that it'll be open.

There was a possibility that the opening for rise of the resistance at Disney world was going To be delayed until the next Thursday after the 5th but then it was confirmed at some conference that it would open December 5th so it definitely looks like it’s still opening in January and I’m Sure it will have breakdowns and I’m sure Disneyland will be watching watching Walt Disney world as it opens on the East coast so they can figure out how to handle it

As with the others, I have no inside knowledge, but my inclination is to say that they wouldn't have announced a specific opening date unless they felt pretty good about opening on that date. Now unexpected things can come up and delay the opening, so nothing is absolutely guaranteed until they actually open the ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter