Just back from Disneyland Batuu. Our family of 4 went last Friday. Overall a great experience. Not sure if our report will help anyone, but wanted to throw it out there. We got in line at 7 AM. We got many conflicting answers from castmembers about whether all three entrances would be open to SWGE. We headed to Fantasyland rope and were directed to Adventureland rope. Lined up at the rope at Adventureland and were told by the castmember at the rope there to head through Frontierland. When we got to the Frontierland split, we were told we could only get in through Critter Country. Anyway, we went that way and got to MFSR about 8:10 and had no line. I still have no idea if all the entrances were open or not.

After the first ride in the regular line, we got into the singles line and rode 3 more times, with basically no line. I was put with my 12 year old each time. All the groups we rode with (teenagers/families with small children) were supportive and laughed at crashes. I still chuckle how everyone would yell at the right pilot - Boost! Boost! Went to Ogas at 10:30 AM. The drinks were average, but we were squeezed into a booth with 2 other families (luckily everyone was friendly). Very crowded. Our 12 year old went dressed as a Jedi and because of that, he had fun encounters/pics with Kylo Ren, Chewy, Vi, Rey and Storm Troopers (several times). The only photo we got with added items by a Disney photographer were X-wing fighters (added in the air above) at the large plane in the Resistance camp. Ate lunch at the Docking Bay (we all had Tip-Yip (chicken)). It was okay.

Just back from Disneyland Batuu. Our family of 4 went last Friday. Overall a great experience. Not sure if our report will help anyone, but wanted to throw it out there. We got in line at 7 AM. We got many conflicting answers from castmembers about whether all three entrances would be open to SWGE. We headed to Fantasyland rope and were directed to Adventureland rope. Lined up at the rope at Adventureland and were told by the castmember at the rope there to head through Frontierland. When we got to the Frontierland split, we were told we could only get in through Critter Country. Anyway, we went that way and got to MFSR about 8:10 and had no line. I still have no idea if all the entrances were open or not.

After the first ride in the regular line, we got into the singles line and rode 3 more times, with basically no line. I was put with my 12 year old each time. All the groups we rode with (teenagers/families with small children) were supportive and laughed at crashes. I still chuckle how everyone would yell at the right pilot - Boost! Boost! Went to Ogas at 10:30 AM. The drinks were average, but we were squeezed into a booth with 2 other families (luckily everyone was friendly). Very crowded. Our 12 year old went dressed as a Jedi and because of that, he had fun encounters/pics with Kylo Ren, Chewy, Vi, Rey and Storm Troopers (several times). The only photo we got with added items by a Disney photographer were X-wing fighters (added in the air above) at the large plane in the Resistance camp. Ate lunch at the Docking Bay (we all had Tip-Yip (chicken)). It was okay.

Oh my goodness! Did you arrive a 7:00 AM for a park opening time of 8:00 AM?

It sounds like a fun morning aside from the disorganization! TY for the insight.

My hubby and I are going to DL/CA over Halloween and I was very disappointed to learn that SWGE is NOT part of EE. I don't mind the early hour of rope drop, I just hate being in the mad rush. =/

I may rethink my plan of hitting SWGE 1st thing...

Oh my goodness! Did you arrive a 7:00 AM for a park opening time of 8:00 AM?

It sounds like a fun morning aside from the disorganization! TY for the insight.

My hubby and I are going to DL/CA over Halloween and I was very disappointed to learn that SWGE is NOT part of EE. I don't mind the early hour of rope drop, I just hate being in the mad rush. =/

I may rethink my plan of hitting SWGE 1st thing...
Yes, we went at 7 for an 8 AM opening. I would definitely get the MaxPass. For $15/person you can get FPs on your phone and free downloads of photos.. We went to SWGE in the AM because that's what we really wanted to see and then went to the rest of the park in the afternoon. It let us skip a lot of the lines.

Oh, wow, that is amazing that you got to go through SWGE so many times so quickly!! We went there first thing multiple days and even getting there right at 8 with low crowds overall Smuggler's Run was still always a long wait... one time my kids tried single rider but the wait ended up longer than standby -over 50 minutes when standby was reporting 40 at the time! Glad you had a good time... all that disorganization with crowd management was my biggest frustration at the parks when I went last month. I saw people completely ignoring CMs directions and thought 'how rude' but after several days and more than once getting sent all around the park unnecessarily I found myself doing the same, ack!

I’m thinking of going to DL opening day of ROTR. I may be crazy. But if I want to be one of the first on it, will I have to campout the night before? What did people do when MFSR opened?

I don't necessarily think MFSR is a good comparison. DL had the reservation period prior to the public opening. So camping out wasn't necessary for the attraction because either you had a reservation for the first time period or not. There were folks camped out, but I think that was for the merchandise that they were releasing that morning. By the time the attraction opened to the public, there were some crowds, but nothing as crazy as it could have been. I don't recall reading about any overnight lines forming.

I suppose for RotR, you'll get a sense of what kinds of crowds DLR expects if they announce any special hours for the parking structure. If it opens early (e.g., 1:00 am), then that probably means they do expect guests to arrive early for RotR. Given that the crowds for SW:GE didn't materialize like expected, I think it's hard to say what opening day crowds will be like for RotR. Maybe WDW's earlier opening date will give us some clues about the popularity prior to the opening at DLR.

Is there a good way to rope drop MFSR and still be able to do some rides during EMH since MFSR isn’t open during that time? Generally how does MFSR RD work (where do they hold you, when do they let you into the land, do they actually open it early, etc)?

I'm glad WDW's is opening first; that way I can get an idea of how it's going before my next trip, when it will be open at DLR for approximately 6 weeks prior.

Sorry if this has been asked guys! I tried looking but this thread is huge lol

We plan to rope drop SWGE next week and I was wondering how it will go? Is there a certain way we should walk? Do you have a choice in how you get to the land? Is there any strategy needed?

I've looked at a bunch of YouTube videos and they all walked different routes.
Where should we be when they drop the ropes and which way should we walk from there?

Can anyone speak to the price and general availability of the monkey lizard that sits on your shoulder and/or the porg that flaps its wings?

I’m also wondering how rope drop works. Is there a way to do it at rope drop but still do EMH since MFSR isn’t open for EMH (so I’d be doing RD for 2 rides basically)

I’m also wondering how rope drop works. Is there a way to do it at rope drop but still do EMH since MFSR isn’t open for EMH (so I’d be doing RD for 2 rides basically)
General consensus has been to not rope drop MFSR. The lines are very long in the morning, taper off in the afternoon, and are around the 30 minute mark in the afternoon. Are you trying to rope drop ROTR? If so, I don’t think anyone knows the exact mechanics yet, but I’m guessing you’d have to stand in line for the entire EMH hour and be prepared to walk fast.

Can anyone speak to the price and general availability of the monkey lizard that sits on your shoulder and/or the porg that flaps its wings?
They seem to always be available whenever I’ve gone. They are expensive. My son desperately wants one but I balked at the price. I can’t remember the exact price, only that it was an instant no. Maybe $70?

Last edited:
I'm looking for input on how it is to carry lots of stuff around SWGE...

If we are planing to do both droid depot and savi's does it make sense to do them earlier during our time in the land, or later?
How worth it is it to carry the droid around with you while exploring? And are you able to take sabers + droids on MF:SM?
Can Oga's send souvenier mugs back to our onsite hotel or do we need to carry them with us?

We want to have an opportunity to play with our sabers in the land at night, but otherwise are very flexible on timing/ordering. My reservation window opens Monday so I'd love to hear feedback on how others have managed timing on a souvenir-intensive trip :-)

The monkey lizard is $70. There is a brown one and a blueish one. Not sure if the different colors change the price. The porg is $44 I think.

Reactions: EmJ
I'm looking for input on how it is to carry lots of stuff around SWGE...

If we are planing to do both droid depot and savi's does it make sense to do them earlier during our time in the land, or later?
How worth it is it to carry the droid around with you while exploring? And are you able to take sabers + droids on MF:SM?
Can Oga's send souvenier mugs back to our onsite hotel or do we need to carry them with us?

We want to have an opportunity to play with our sabers in the land at night, but otherwise are very flexible on timing/ordering. My reservation window opens Monday so I'd love to hear feedback on how others have managed timing on a souvenir-intensive trip :-)
You can bring droids and lightsabers on the ride. I would say, maybe do the droid, then do the ride? They move while your in line. And if someone else has a droid nearby it will move too. Can be a little entertainment while waiting. Then after the ride do the lightsaber.

Our group was pretty souvenir intense so I can tell you what we did!

We planned everything for the evening with our droid reservation at 6pm and our lightsabers at 7pm. We made an Oga’s Cantina reservation for around 9pm and then we spent the evening playing with our lightsabers and getting pictures in front of the falcon. Our photographer was great and we got some awesome pictures, they let us have plenty of time to do group pictures and individual ones with our lightsabers. We were fine to bring them on SR but on Matterhorn we were told to ‘rider swap’ them. Just like the babies they were to us ha ha! My lightsaber is my baby. 😂 Hope that helps. Definitely take advantage of the PhotoPass folks by the falcon, we got great shots.

Attachments

• 200C1EDF-7C07-4ED3-8881-0A462254C3D4.jpeg
    200C1EDF-7C07-4ED3-8881-0A462254C3D4.jpeg
    75.3 KB · Views: 38
Has anyone else been keeping an eye on MFSR wait times the last few days, or better yet, been there? It doesn’t look nearly as bad in the mornings. I wonder if people have stopped rushing there. Between that and the scattered reports of all three entries being open in the morning, I’m curious how it’s going...

May need to re-evaluate the “don’t rope drop it” advice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter