Hi! I was lucky enough to visit DL SWGE in July and loved it. Was really hoping to adopt a Porg (the large puppet one) from the creature stall at the time, but they were sold out - checked all 3 days I was there. All the little shoulder Porgs were sold out at Star Trader and the other DL and DTD shops I checked at too. Has anyone been recently and spotted either of these? I’ll be down again next weekend and was hoping I’ll get lucky this time. Thanks!!

I saw both the large Porgs at the creature stall and the shoulder Porgs at Star Trader today.

Myself, my son (7), my sister, my nephew (4) and my mom (“grandma”) are headed to Disneyland. I was thinking about splurging and having the boys each build a droid but noticed on the website only 1 person may accompany a kiddo making a droid.
Does anyone know if they make exceptions? I would hate for one of the grownups to have to sit out and am not willing to pay as much as they charge for an adult to make one they don’t need.
Thanks!

I don't know how strict they are lately but back in the June reservation preview period (when things were actually a bit busier than they generally are now) we had 3 adults accompany 2 droid builders. It's just not that crazy in there. But even if they won't allow the one extra adult the build area is just over a half height "fence" in the Droid Depot so that person will still somewhat be able to watch/talk to the builders etc.

I don't know how strict they are lately but back in the June reservation preview period (when things were actually a bit busier than they generally are now) we had 3 adults accompany 2 droid builders. It's just not that crazy in there. But even if they won't allow the one extra adult the build area is just over a half height "fence" in the Droid Depot so that person will still somewhat be able to watch/talk to the builders etc.

Thanks. Is it a similar set up for the light saber place, as well?

Thanks. Is it a similar set up for the light saber place, as well?

I have not done Savi's but from what I've seen and read, no. That one is not a setup where guests not immediately accompanying the builder can observe the process. However they allow up to 2 guests per builder so I think you'll be fine for everyone to go in if you have 2 builders. If you are considering Savi's I would definitely read some reviews or possibly consider watching one of the YouTube videos of the experience. I think its more geared for older kids and adults.

I have not done Savi's but from what I've seen and read, no. That one is not a setup where guests not immediately accompanying the builder can observe the process. However they allow up to 2 guests per builder so I think you'll be fine for everyone to go in if you have 2 builders. If you are considering Savi's I would definitely read some reviews or possibly consider watching one of the YouTube videos of the experience. I think its more geared for older kids and adults.

Thank you!

we just got back and my son build a droid and 2 of us watched and took pictures etc. but DH and DS did Savi's and they seemed more particular about how many guests went in as it a more intimate experience(it is awesome btw)

We’re going next week and I’m trying to figure out when we should head to GE for the shortest wait time for the MF ride (three small kids who will not wait in any long lines!). I just checked the app and the wait time is 15 min at around 9 am, so mornings might be the way to go now!

We’re going next week and I’m trying to figure out when we should head to GE for the shortest wait time for the MF ride (three small kids who will not wait in any long lines!). I just checked the app and the wait time is 15 min at around 9 am, so mornings might be the way to go now!
I’m really not sure about the general trends for this but this morning was extremely light on crowds until about 11am. So that may have played into it.

I went to SWGE today for a bit. Had the Ronto wrap for the second time and loved it again. Anyone know what brand of sausage this is? It’s amazing.

I was very much looking forward to trying the new chocolate popcorn. I had really high hopes for this new offering and it did not disappoint! It was sooooooo good, kind of like a cocoa kettle corn with lots of rich chocolate flavor. It’s pricy For popcorn though ($7).

I brought my baby with me today and he ended up being a bit of a celebrity. He has a cranial reshaping helmet to correct some flat spots on his head. I had his helmet wrapped like R2D2 because if he has to wear this thing it might as well look cool. Well people were kind of losing their mind over it, especially in SWGE. So many people came over to talk to us today. It was fun! I also happened to put him in his Halloween costume again (R2D2 onesie) and that added to the cuteness, ha ha.
DB432974-7E5B-45AC-9CFD-DF8FC11D404E.jpeg

The wait time for MF:SR about 2hr ago was 75min in the DL app and 40min at the gate. I don’t know how long standby would have taken but the line was well inside the entry. They were not accepting single rider at first but 15 min later they were so I went in. I got pilot about 20-25min in line.

When I came out the que was well and truly out past the entry.

I went to SWGE today for a bit. Had the Ronto wrap for the second time and loved it again. Anyone know what brand of sausage this is? It’s amazing.

I was very much looking forward to trying the new chocolate popcorn. I had really high hopes for this new offering and it did not disappoint! It was sooooooo good, kind of like a cocoa kettle corn with lots of rich chocolate flavor. It’s pricy For popcorn though ($7).

I brought my baby with me today and he ended up being a bit of a celebrity. He has a cranial reshaping helmet to correct some flat spots on his head. I had his helmet wrapped like R2D2 because if he has to wear this thing it might as well look cool. Well people were kind of losing their mind over it, especially in SWGE. So many people came over to talk to us today. It was fun! I also happened to put him in his Halloween costume again (R2D2 onesie) and that added to the cuteness, ha ha.
View attachment 449506
TOO CUTE

View attachment 449506
First, this is so cute.

Second, we were there today and also tried the chocolate popcorn for the first time! Everyone in our group liked it. We asked for an extra bag to split between families, and it’s more than it looks like because it basically filled both bags once we shook it out and it wasn’t bulging or anything.

First, this is so cute.

Second, we were there today and also tried the chocolate popcorn for the first time! Everyone in our group liked it. We asked for an extra bag to split between families, and it’s more than it looks like because it basically filled both bags once we shook it out and it wasn’t bulging or anything.
Awwww man! I wish I would have seen you! We were only there for a few hours while we killed time before my baby’s helmet appointment (conveniently five minutes from Disneyland!).

I am embarrassed to say that I intended to bring half of the popcorn home for my older son who wasn’t with us but I ended up eating the whole thing myself!:o

Is there any chance of some paid event the day before ROTR opens? I think I remember they did this when GOTG opened but I’m pretty sure they didn’t when the rest of SWGE opened?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter