Is there any chance of some paid event the day before ROTR opens? I think I remember they did this when GOTG opened but I’m pretty sure they didn’t when the rest of SWGE opened?
I wouldn't count on it. After the poor response to the cost of the (expensive) Pixar Pier opening event, and the switch to the free (and really well implemented, if you ask me) SW:GE reservation system, and on top of that the lower than expected attendance for SW:GE this past summer... it would seem strange to have a paid event for just one ride in an already opened land, even if it's the greatest ride in history.

Also, if there's a chance that RotR might be somewhat... unreliable... when it first opens, think of the disaster it would be if there was a paid event around it. It'll be enough trouble if it goes down frequently once it opens during regular park hours, but at least they can hand out FPs to other attractions. Not so easy to give refunds for a special ticketed event if the one ride everyone is there for breaks down. But who can say for sure. They've certainly made stranger decisions in the past!!

Last edited:
I've seen a couple of commercials in the last week for GE that also features some RoTR scenes (nothing we haven't seen before) at the beginning, so it seems they're gearing up for the opening already.

Today was our first day in the parks for our trip and the line to get into GE was huge from Fantasyland at the end of EMH, so we skipped it and ended up going in around 6 pm instead. I’m so glad we did! I kept an eye on the MF:SR wait times for much of the day and it never really got below 40 minutes. But by the time we showed up in front of it around 6:30, it was a 15 min line, and actual wait time was more like 8-10 min! So much better with little kids who can’t handle long lines.

And the ride itself was awesome. My 5-yo rode twice in a row with rider switch and was a gunner each time. He wouldn’t stop talking about how he pushed the button and fired the guns the whole way back to the hotel. 😃

Today was our first day in the parks for our trip and the line to get into GE was huge from Fantasyland at the end of EMH, so we skipped it and ended up going in around 6 pm instead. I’m so glad we did! I kept an eye on the MF:SR wait times for much of the day and it never really got below 40 minutes. But by the time we showed up in front of it around 6:30, it was a 15 min line, and actual wait time was more like 8-10 min! So much better with little kids who can’t handle long lines.

And the ride itself was awesome. My 5-yo rode twice in a row with rider switch and was a gunner each time. He wouldn’t stop talking about how he pushed the button and fired the guns the whole way back to the hotel. 😃
What time did you see the long line to get into SWGE? I was planning on doing MFSR after EMH but I might just ignore SWGE that morning and ride when all the lines for everything else are longer.

What time did you see the long line to get into SWGE? I was planning on doing MFSR after EMH but I might just ignore SWGE that morning and ride when all the lines for everything else are longer.
If you're going to EMH, you're probably better off utilizing your time to cover rides, rather than waiting to get into GE. The wait time usually spikes soon after the official park opening, but then tends to level off around the 45-50 min mark as has been mentioned before. There should be times during the day when the wait drops to 30 min or less, so your best bet is if you can keep track on the app so you can head over there if the wait times get low enough.

We were on Dumbo about 15 minutes to open and the line was huge by then.

Ok it sounds like I’m definitely not going to do MFSR right after EMH. I would like to ride multiple times but it seems like it’s such a waste to skip part of EMH to line up.

Line was snaking through land today shortly after emh my son and did single rider and were on in less than 15 minutes. We even got in together as engineers. I rode three times today using single rider waited usually about ten minutes.

Line was snaking through land today shortly after emh my son and did single rider and were on in less than 15 minutes. We even got in together as engineers. I rode three times today using single rider waited usually about ten minutes.
What time of day each time?

What time of day each time?
Once right after emh probably 9:15 then I did it twice at around noon by noon standby was only 35 minutes but I rode twice in less than half hour. I did see one time where they took 6 single riders I think someone wasn’t paying attention in the standby line. I will say I’ve done all the positions now it’s a flawed ride but still a lot of fun.

Once right after emh probably 9:15 then I did it twice at around noon by noon standby was only 35 minutes but I rode twice in less than half hour. I will say I’ve done all the positions now it’s a flawed ride but still a lot of fun.
Did they give you pilot in Single Rider or did you do pilot in the regular line?

There is so much information to take in on this new area. We are going for the day the day after Thanksgiving. Can anyone give me some tips. We do not have any kids in our group. Just me, hubby, 22 year old daughter, my Marine son and his buddy. His buddy has never been to Disneyland and loves StarWars.

This is the DLR website link: Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
You can make reservations for Savi's (build your own lightsaber), Droid Depot (build a droid), and Oga's Cantina. If you will be using the Play App in Batuu on your smartphones (fun!), bring battery backup. The Ronto Wrap at Ronto's Roasters is the best hot dog in DL! The DLR app will tell you how long the standby wait is for MFSR -- and the wait tends to be a bit less than predicted. There is a SR line, too. No FP for that ride. The line tends to get shorter as the day goes on.
This thread has helpful information, too: A First Timer’s Guide to Disneyland.

Last edited:
Reactions: EmJ
Are all the entrances to GE open at rope drop now? Over the summer they forced everyone to enter via Critter Country which is fine but I don't want to assume that is still the rope drop route only to find out the FL entrance is opened also.

Are all the entrances to GE open at rope drop now? Over the summer they forced everyone to enter via Critter Country which is fine but I don't want to assume that is still the rope drop route only to find out the FL entrance is opened also.
The quote below is from 10/25, so less than a month ago. If someone else has more recent experience, I hope they chime in.

There have been a few reports of the Fantasyland SWGE entrance being open at RD but that seems to be an exception. Generally they funnel everyone down to the Critter Country entrance at RD. Guests (EMH and non) are held at the hub entrances to Adventureland and Frontierland but then both groups are directed to Critter Country and the Frontierland and Fantasyland entrances are not open, they open those a bit later. I believe the pathway from Fantasyland will also be closed off just past the restrooms during EMH so you wouldn't be able to sneak around to either the Frontierland or Fantasyland entrances before RD. I guess you would wait for RD there but if they do only open the Critter Country entrance you will be farther away from it than the crowds being admitted from the hub.

We went in at rope drop this weekend and went in through Frontierland. I felt like we were kind of back of the pack--once he saw where we were dh apologized for not getting ready faster--and we still rode the Falcon twice in the first half hour.

Does anyone think it will be so crowded the weekend ROTR opens that they will do boarding groups like they did briefly when SWGE opened?

Does anyone think it will be so crowded the weekend ROTR opens that they will do boarding groups like they did briefly when SWGE opened?
I think they will have to do something likely. I got an interesting survey question recently asking if I liked the virtual boarding groups or preferred standing in line (I mean seriously, who prefers standing in line???).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter