Thanks! The Fuzzy Tauntaun was high on my list. And the Jet Juice sounds amazing -- I love bourbon. I'm thinking I may have to make a two reservations during our visit.
I thought the same thing and we have two reservations next week at 9ish pm on tues/thurs. If for some reason we don’t enjoy the first one, we will cancel the second one. I doubt that will be the case and we may try to get in another time during the day ;)

Thanks! The Fuzzy Tauntaun was high on my list. And the Jet Juice sounds amazing -- I love bourbon. I'm thinking I may have to make a two reservations during our visit.

I made three reservations on my visit. So I was able to have 6 drinks of my own, plus a few tastes of my friend's.

I'm not much of a beer fan, but the beers I tried off of him were excellent! (but I can't recall which ones they were....)

And I never got bored with Oga's, it was a trip! Go, go, go!

I made three reservations on my visit. So I was able to have 6 drinks of my own, plus a few tastes of my friend's.

I'm not much of a beer fan, but the beers I tried off of him were excellent! (but I can't recall which ones they were....)

And I never got bored with Oga's, it was a trip! Go, go, go!
Are there any limits on how many alcoholic drinks a single person is allowed to consume in one visit? I.e., If DH and I order three alcoholic drinks and one non-alcoholic drink between us, would he be allowed to consume all three alcoholic drinks? There's a good possibility I'll have to take The Boy out before the 45 minutes is up, leaving DH to attend to the drinks.

Are there any limits on how many alcoholic drinks a single person is allowed to consume in one visit? I.e., If DH and I order three alcoholic drinks and one non-alcoholic drink between us, would he be allowed to consume all three alcoholic drinks? There's a good possibility I'll have to take The Boy out before the 45 minutes is up, leaving DH to attend to the drinks.

Only two drinks per visit, tops. Doesn't matter if they're alcoholic or not.

Oh, I see what you're asking. If he has your second drink....honestly, the bartenders wouldn't be paying that close attention. Don't worry about it.

Last edited:
I notice there are 3 ways into SWGE. I will be arriving around 7:30 p.m. on a Wednesday later this month so it will be dark. Which route would you recommend for the best introduction to this land?

I am currently in Galaxy's Edge right now. I noticed one merch item they have are pilot helmets. I was thinking about getting one for my husband and one for my father, but I couldn't tell if they were going to be big enough for them.
I sat down on a rock next to the merch area and watched as in a 5-minute span over 11 grown men walked straight to the helmets to try them on. And it didn't fit. It barely fit on a child's head.
It's interesting that this item is such a quick draw for grown men, because it's likely something they all grew up wanting, but Disney seemed to miss the mark as they put it as a child size. I know for a fact if they had fit an adult I would have purchased two right then and there, one for my husband and one for my father. I just don't know how they missed it so bad on this one as I just watched many grown men walkaway dejected that this souvenir was not made for adults. And it's one of the few souvenirs nearly full of stock.

Edit to add, just mentioned this to a CM who informed me there is a plastic liner on the inside that can be removed and can fit an adults head.
They need to advertise this somewhere

Last edited:

Still. Be subtle about it. Keep your "second" drink in front of you and have him drink from it. Couldn't hurt to be a little careful.

;)

Do they usually have most of the colors & parts available for building droids at Droid Depot, or do they tend to run out of some pieces/colors? We are planning to visit next week. :)

They don't pay attention much in there. My friends and I have each ordered 2 drinks then shared so we can try them all.

Before my Disneyland trip 2 weeks ago I had a tough time figuring out how I was going to get my Lightsaber home. There are many mixed reports about TSA and airlines allowing/denying lightsabers on board, so I wanted to ship it but information online is limited. So this is for the benefit of those searching for the same information. These are the exact steps (with photos!) of how I shipped it home. I shipped it on a Wednesday afternoon and it arrived the next Wednesday.

1) First I built it, obviously. Its an awesome experience and I highly recommend it.
2) They will not ship it from Savi's workshop. The Disneyland hotel and Grand Californian will NOT ship it home either. I asked multiple times at the front desk. You have to take it to the First Order shop in Galaxy's Edge. So take lots of pictures with it first and enjoy it before shipping it out.
3) Keep your receipt, it is required to ship it home.
4) At the First Order you will be given a couple options for shipping. I picked the fastest at 4 days. (It took 5 business days.) It was a flat $40. They had a slower option but I didn't catch the price.
5) The First Order will have you fill out a shipping form and attach your original receipt to it.
6) Mine shipped via FedEx and because I signed up for FedEx notifications, I got a couple email notifications a couple days before it arrived.
7) It was packed with the sleeve you are given as you walk out of Savi's. It was then wrapped in bubble wrap to fit the box. The box was topped with paper filler. It was well packed and very safe in the box.

Do they usually have most of the colors & parts available for building droids at Droid Depot, or do they tend to run out of some pieces/colors? We are planning to visit next week. :)
When I was there a few weeks ago, I don't think they've gotten restocked with all of the color combinations (at least I didn't see the solid purple BB-8 body) yet. That being said, it did seem like they have a pretty good selection. Are you looking for a specific color or part?

I notice there are 3 ways into SWGE. I will be arriving around 7:30 p.m. on a Wednesday later this month so it will be dark. Which route would you recommend for the best introduction to this land?
Have they began letting guests in during EMH/MM? They didn't used to open the land until the park opened to everyone. That being said, assuming they're letting everyone in via any of the entrances, Frontierland is probably the fastest to get to (and the will involve the least amount of backtracking if they're restricting access to just Critter Country).

Have they began letting guests in during EMH/MM? They didn't used to open the land until the park opened to everyone. That being said, assuming they're letting everyone in via any of the entrances, Frontierland is probably the fastest to get to (and the will involve the least amount of backtracking if they're restricting access to just Critter Country).
I believe the OP said 7:30 p.m., so evening. I concur about Frontierland entrance.

I am currently in Galaxy's Edge right now. I noticed one merch item they have are pilot helmets. I was thinking about getting one for my husband and one for my father, but I couldn't tell if they were going to be big enough for them.
I sat down on a rock next to the merch area and watched as in a 5-minute span over 11 grown men walked straight to the helmets to try them on. And it didn't fit. It barely fit on a child's head.
It's interesting that this item is such a quick draw for grown men, because it's likely something they all grew up wanting, but Disney seemed to miss the mark as they put it as a child size. I know for a fact if they had fit an adult I would have purchased two right then and there, one for my husband and one for my father. I just don't know how they missed it so bad on this one as I just watched many grown men walkaway dejected that this souvenir was not made for adults. And it's one of the few souvenirs nearly full of stock.

Edit to add, just mentioned this to a CM who informed me there is a plastic liner on the inside that can be removed and can fit an adults head.
They need to advertise this somewhere

Yeah, we always go over and look at them, every time we're there. Always try to get one on, never works. Even if you did take out the liner, we can never even get one on our heads. The parts at the jaw that stick out really don't flex much and have always stopped us from getting it anywhere near on. It really is dumb, everyone in my group always wants one, probably more than one, if they fit. Maybe some day... or maybe we just all have big heads... ;)

What is anyone's best guess on adding Fastpass to SWGE rides? I can't even imagine what the standby line for ROTR will be. We're going in May 2020 and with little kids, it would be really hard to stand in a 4+ hour line!

What is anyone's best guess on adding Fastpass to SWGE rides? I can't even imagine what the standby line for ROTR will be. We're going in May 2020 and with little kids, it would be really hard to stand in a 4+ hour line!
Stand by (ba dum bum!) on this question. These kinds of lines were also anticipated for MFSR, but never materialized beyond the first couple of days. I think its anyone's guess whether ROTR will still be commanding 4+ hour lines in May, four months after its opening. Even Hagrid's Coaster, which is immensely popular and opened to 10 hour waits in August, is now consistently under 2.

ETA: To answer your actual question, I think Disney has said that neither MFSR or ROTR will open with FastPass, so even if they do get it eventually, I'd be surprised to see FastPass next spring.

When I was there a few weeks ago, I don't think they've gotten restocked with all of the color combinations (at least I didn't see the solid purple BB-8 body) yet. That being said, it did seem like they have a pretty good selection. Are you looking for a specific color or part?

My kids both want to make an R2 unit. One wants to make one that is mostly black with a clear dome head and the other wants to do one that is mostly red with a red flattened-cone shaped head (Sorry, not sure what to call this shape.) I've told them to have a backup choice in case what they want is gone. Just wondering if they need to have a backup to their backup. :upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter