New Vendor Drop-Off Policy? Update: CONFIRMED exclusive drop off vendor = Scooterbug

I read that one vendor is opening a location at the airport? Did anyone else see that.

Also would the vendors go to a building now and not just the lobby? I am staying at Saratoga Springs which has parking near all buildings. I am renting a Hoyer lift and scooter. Our plan is for my husband and I to drive to the lobby and he will drive the scooter back to the room. I will put the hoyer in the van to drive back.

Would you share where you meet to get your scooter from Gold. Is it at bell services? Is it at your room? Is it somewhere's else, where? Can you pick a place or does Gold tell you where?
Pick up was in front of CBR. Waited a few minutes sitting on a bench outside near bell services. Wea arrived 30 minutes before our scheduled pick up time. Texted when we left MCO, waited 10 minutes.Pick up was in lobby in main building about 15 minutes before DME pickup.

There are valid reasons to not want to use your own device from home. First, there is a chance that your ECV/wheelchair will be damaged in transit by the airline--there goes your wheels--not only for this trip but for other uses. Yes, presumably the airline will pay for repairs/replacement but how soon will that occur? Second, you may encounter a technical failure with your unit while on vacation. If you have rented a unit all you have to do now is call the rental company and they will bring you a replacement (often to a park). If it is your own unit -- well, I just know it took me over a week to get a repair person out when my last scooter had issues (it had died it turned out)--that's not gonna work if I'm on the other side of the country and don't know who is available to repair or even look at the scooter/wheelchair.

I understand your concerns. But many people DO travel with their mobility aids just fine. There are plenty of people that have to because they can not walk at all. It comes down to that a person has to do what they have to do to make it work for them. There are companies that are nation wide that you can rent at home and travel to your destination with and if you have problems, one of their local reps can help you. There are options out there for you. Be pro active and I am sure that you will be able to find a solution to your particular problem.

Change is hard it is not fun at all, But as it looks there is now ( or soon will be a change to how vender can drop off) everyone that rents has chose you can chose to bring your own you can chose to rent one from home and take it with you and you can chose to rent one from a number of vender in Orlando ( and there are quite a few) will it be different yes you might not get to the park as soon as you would you might get to the park very close or at the same time as before ( the vender might surprise every one a be close to on time and then the bus might come right after you get there)

every one has a chose on how they see the change do you see it all negative or do you go yes there will be change I can learn how to do it with the new change there are a number of vender and find one that works with you, you can say now I get to see my ECV wheelchair or what ever and if I do not like it they are right there I can ask any question about how to use the ECV I can talk to the vender I can make sure the ECV was picked up and so on. So yes change sucks yes it is not fun but we all have a chose on how we see the change we all have time too call do online recherché for vender and find one that works best for our need out schedule

I hope every one effected by this finds the transition smother then they think and finds more good then bad in the change

what happens if your flight is delayed? you cant plan delays. been on a flight that should have arrived at midafternoon and didn't arrive until around 10 that night. needed an ECV to get to room. CMs are not allowed to push wheelchair. I see a lot of problems that are not planned on by this change

Again, life happens and there is no way that anyone can predict things like this but somehow things tend to work out. What you are doing is coming up with doomsday scenarios and panicking about them. Do you think that you are the only one with mobility issues? If something comes up like that, then you deal with it. You call the company and explain that you are delayed. I am sure that they are aware that things like this happen and have plans for that. If this is really stressing you out, then plan to bring a mobility aid with you so you have access to it right off of the plane.

My mom just called Buena Vista scooters about renting for December.

The phone agent said that Disney has not released anything about the new policy yet, and that the official announcement with details will come on Tuesday (October 1). Buena Vista said that they will always deliver to the resort, but did not know whether orders placed before October 1 would be grandfathered to allow them to drop at bell services.

Mom is going to reserve today anyway because she prefers the controls on the Buena Visa scooters. We’ll hope the order is grandfathered, but if not we’ll deal with it.

Some guests only use an ECV at WDW. They can't walk the 5-10 miles a day frequently required by guests. Wasn't it almost a 1/2 mile walk from the farthest bus stop to the entrance of DHS last winter? Those guests can wait until the next morning. Guests can text their vendor when their delayed flight is about to take off. Vendors can monitor flight status. Guests will have to pick a vendor which is willing to accommodate guests with delayed flights, late arriving flights and early departing flights. I'm sure at least one vendor will have a solution, possibly with an extra charge. The "issues" are between the customer and the vendor. Disney wants out of the business of accepting delivery, storing, delivery to customers and accepting ECV returns without adequate compensation. Some moderators think the vendors are paying Disney, others don't.

Webmaster Doc, in the thread on the rumor board believes Disney is going to contract with one exclusive vendor, property wide.
My understanding is that Disney has a new contractor providing the Disney strollers/scooters for the parks and the decision has been made NOT to allow other providers easy access even at the resorts. This directly affects the companies which have been 'Preferred Providers' for several years now and allowed to use the Disney Resort bell services to store and dispense. I have no news about any possibility of the new vendor providing scooters/strollers to guests staying at Disney Resorts. This may even be indirectly related to the Skyliners.

I suspect the new contractor will eventually be able to service the resorts.
the bolded would not surprise me.
Disney has had a long time special relationship with 2 vendors that was different than any of the other vendors.
Buena Vista has had a location on the Boardwalk since 2007. Guests were able to rent a wheelchair or ECV there for a couple hours or day and I believe for longer. Cheshire Figment (RIP) had found out they actually had a warehouse on Disney property ( don’t know if they still do).
Scooterbug provided the ECVs and wheelchairs for the parks and Disney Springs, I believe.
I read that one vendor is opening a location at the airport? Did anyone else see that.

Also would the vendors go to a building now and not just the lobby? I am staying at Saratoga Springs which has parking near all buildings. I am renting a Hoyer lift and scooter. Our plan is for my husband and I to drive to the lobby and he will drive the scooter back to the room. I will put the hoyer in the van to drive back.
I did see information that at least one vendor is opening a location at the Airport. I don’t remember which one I read it about though, or even where I read it (I follow a bunch of websites and Facebook pages). When I find it again, I will add it.

Sounds like post 2 of the disABILITIES FAQs thread about equipment will be due for a big revision!

Disney has had a long time special relationship with 2 vendors that was different than any of the other vendors.
Buena Vista has had a location on the Boardwalk since 2007. Guests were able to rent a wheelchair or ECV there for a couple hours or day and I believe for longer. Cheshire Figment (RIP) had found out they actually had a warehouse on Disney property ( don’t know if they still do).
Scooterbug provided the ECVs and wheelchairs for the parks and Disney Springs, I believe.

I did see information that at least one vendor is opening a location at the Airport. I don’t remember which one I read it about though, or even where I read it (I follow a bunch of websites and Facebook pages). When I find it again, I will add it.

Sounds like post 2 of the disABILITIES FAQs thread about equipment will be due for a big revision!
When you do update the pages that are locked up top can you put on the top of the post the day you updated and then maybe a we will update if new information come out thing

The resign why is one is it can be hrs to see when things were updated and new people come on and see a post from 3+ years ago and think things have changed when they have not.

Just an idea

I saw something about a stroller vendor having an airport location but have not seen anything about a scooter/wheelchair vendor doing so.

Would you share where you meet to get your scooter from Gold. Is it at bell services? Is it at your room? Is it somewhere's else, where? Can you pick a place or does Gold tell you where?
At POP, I got off the Magical Express and Gold was waiting for me near the front door. They will work with you. When they picked my scooter back up, they were sitting (again waiting for me) in the lobby.

(They were in contact with me thru text the night before delivery, confirming delivery time. I texted them when we were waiting for Magical Express, and asked that I text while on board. And finally they texted when they were there and I arrived 15 minutes later and they waited. In addition, I gave them my daughter's phone number - we were travelling together - as a second contact. They contacted her each time they contacted me-piece of mind!!!!)

Gold Mobility absolutely will work with you, last pickup is usually around 10 PM, but I am sure you could work something later out if absolutely necessary.
That is not what they told me in July— have an email from them saying they deliver/pick up between 7 a.m. and 8 p.m. only. My flight arrives at 11 pm

We stay at POFQ frequently. They will take you to your room with the Pargos at check-in time.

But if you have to meet the vendor at the front of the Resort (bell services, the lobby or the front drive) you may just want to wait in the Lobby... that way you don't have to walk back from the room.

Also, there is one 2 queen standard roll-in in Building 3 at POFQ that is VERY close to the main building. You can see the building layouts at portorleans.org
Thanks—I checked on touring plans and that one did not show up

When you do update the pages that are locked up top can you put on the top of the post the day you updated and then maybe a we will update if new information come out thing

The resign why is one is it can be hrs to see when things were updated and new people come on and see a post from 3+ years ago and think things have changed when they have not.

Just an idea
I can’t change the date at the top of the post. That is assigned by the website program when the post is created. the date last updated is at the bottom of the post.

I can possibly add a note to the top of the individual post, but I can tell you often people don’t read those. They just look at thread listing, which I can’t change and think the whole thread is from that date. The circled 2004 date is the date I actually started that thread.
l don’t know where the circled 2014 date come from because I made an edit to one of the posts in the thread earlier this week.

DC0A6F06-6CB4-40BD-869D-5AFC2FB9512C.jpeg
I saw something about a stroller vendor having an airport location but have not seen anything about a scooter/wheelchair vendor doing so.
yes.
I saw a post about Orlando Stroller Rental setting up an airport location. I thought I also saw an ECV one.

I can’t change the date at the top of the post. That is assigned by the website program when the post is created. the date last updated is at the bottom of the post.

I can possibly add a note to the top of the individual post, but I can tell you often people don’t read those. They just look at thread listing, which I can’t change and think the whole thread is from that date. The circled 2004 date is the date I actually started that thread.
l don’t know where the circled 2014 date come from because I made an edit to one of the posts in the thread earlier this week.

View attachment 439641

yes.
I saw a post about Orlando Stroller Rental setting up an airport location. I thought I also saw an ECV one.
I see I just read every now and then that someone read a post that is pinned and they are not sure if it is updated or not. Maybe with an update ( from whoever dose these thing) can add a way to change it ( May take is no one on the dis dose thing that it is a second party ).

Then mods do such a great job with this site so think you

CMs are not allowed to push wheelchair.
Actually, if you need to “borrow” a resort wheelchair a CM will push it and will not allow you to use it without the CM.

Gold Mobility, they will meet you when you arrive and pick up when you leave. Seriously, I think the indirectly and unintentionally are responsible for this shift.

i don’t think so. I know Gold is very popular here on the DISboards recently, but they are a relatively new vendor. Other vendors have been meeting guests for years.

Use of Bell Services has been a nice convenience that WDW has allowed. But meeting the vendor is not a new concept and every day many guests do just that with no problems. This discussion reminds me of similar ones in 2012 when WDW announced they would only allow certain “featured” vendors access to Bell Services. Some people predicted then that non-featured vendors would fold but here we are years later and those same vendors have managed, as have guests. Change is hard, but things have a way of working out.

Use of Bell Services has been a nice convenience that WDW has allowed. But meeting the vendor is not a new concept and every day many guests do just that with no problems. This discussion reminds me of similar ones in 2012 when WDW announced they would only allow certain “featured” vendors access to Bell Services. Some people predicted then that non-featured vendors would fold but here we are years later and those same vendors have managed, as have guests. Change is hard, but things have a way of working out.
Exactly!
56A1441B-5039-4E4A-8E59-3E89AC11A23E.png

Has to be more to the story. You would think DISNEY would just charge a fee for bell service for handling scooters . But Disney wants to make it hard on there guest.

It sounds like from one bender they will be doing schedule drop off
I think that's the strollers. I don't think any mobility device company has made any official statement.
Just rent from Gold Mobility, they will meet you when you arrive and pick up when you leave. Seriously, I think the indirectly and unintentionally are responsible for this shift. They have proven that companies can deliver on the customers schedule, not on the mobility companies schedule.
Again , I disagree. Gold Mobility is fairly new. Randy's Mobility, which has offered rentals for many, many years (more than ten) has always delivered directly to the customer. But Walker now, and all the other companies - including the currently featured ones - have demonstrated for years that using Bell Services works. Until the property owner says "no more."
Some moderators think the vendors are paying Disney, others don't.
[/QUOTE@ SueM in MN has conversed with more than one Featured vendor who claims they don't pay anything.
This directly affects the companies which have been 'Preferred Providers' for several years
Featured, not Preferred. Different meanings, different conditions.
Most likely in or near the lobby (Randy's once delivered time at my off-site room, and once outside the SSR lobby.) Your company of choice, whether Gold or another company, would be the best source of where.
Has to be more to the story. You would think DISNEY would just charge a fee for bell service for handling scooters . But Disney wants to make it hard on there guest.
I disagree. Disney is simply choosing to change a policy - not to make it hard on some visitors, but to provide better overall service to all guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter