"Newest" Moms Hangout... take 2!

Dangerous, but fun! Just think it's the gift that keeps on giving! :rotfl:

I see BLT in your signature- did you guys buy?
I'm looking at resales. Mostly because I want Beach Club or Boardwalk.

It'll be awhile. I'm not in a hurry or anything.

I've started looking into DVC... doubly dangerous! :scared1:
haha...we're going to tour AKV when we're down!

Dangerous, but fun! Just think it's the gift that keeps on giving! :rotfl:
I'll tell my husband this reasoning....see if it flies this time!

I see BLT in your signature- did you guys buy?
I'm looking at resales. Mostly because I want Beach Club or Boardwalk.

It'll be awhile. I'm not in a hurry or anything.

I've been doing the samething, I'm going to look at AKV when we're there, but really want BC or BWV! If only we didn't cancel our contract back when BC was built and we got in about 8 years ago!! We got home and my father talked me out of it! They own a townhouse in Orlando that we can use whenever we want if it's not rented, but we dont anymore. It's a golf course community, but I don't feel safe outside the gates. I went down w/my mom when brady was a baby and haven't been tehre since, before that I think ty was about 2!

I have a friend (that I met on the DIS actually, we cruised together in 06!) that bought in awhile back @ Saratoga. I think I'm going to ask her to refer me for the phone thing to get the $25 gift card and so I can ask some questions.

This is something I really think I want to do. DVC would be so much better for us than the individual trips... Mostly because DH isn't a park guy. He'd be happier staying at the DVC resorts with the extra amentities and being lazy all day. And I could take the boys and go to the parks and everyone would be happy and together.
I've really got to look into the resorts individually, though. I saw Wilderness Lodge had a gym and that would be a big plus for DH. So hopefully others do, too. I can't wait to keep looking. A new addiction to obsess about, woohoo!! :rotfl:

I refuse to finance it, though. So I'm definitely interested in resales where we can just pay cash outright and be in here in a few years...

Stacy, are you looking at resales anywhere in particular?? (website/broker, I mean..)

I've started looking into DVC... doubly dangerous! :scared1:

They are tormenting me with this! I watched the special showing of it online last week, and you get special deals for signing up. Like a free cruise. So tempting, but we have no house and I have to save money!!!!!!! They called last night to say we get last years points and this years points plus the cruise! Why did I go into teaching in MS?:confused3

They are tormenting me with this! I watched the special showing of it online last week, and you get special deals for signing up. Like a free cruise. So tempting, but we have no house and I have to save money!!!!!!! They called last night to say we get last years points and this years points plus the cruise! Why did I go into teaching in MS?:confused3

I was just in the shower rethinking my decision to get a teaching degree!! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
It'd be so much easier to get a business degree (quicker, too!) and I could start working so I could buy into DVC that much quicker. It's so tempting!!

*insert joke here about how we will be able to afford it that I have since edited out because I felt bad*
but like Robin said below, at least I can laugh about it! :rotfl:

I think it is great that you can laugh at it!

If I read it right-happy birthday!

****You and that edit button! :)

You have to make the decision, but teaching has many advantages for mothers. In MS, I'll never be rich, or anything other than middle class. But in 7 weeks, I'm through with this year. I get 9 weeks off. Then I get a fresh start with a whole new crew. It isn't easy, but I can't see myself working anywhere but education now. I tried business (that was my minor-math was my major, then alternate route to teaching) and I hated it. I really hope I can put my counseling degree to use one day soon, though!

Happy Birthday Piecey!
We have DVC and LOVE it as well! Hope you can find a way to make it work!

Thanks for the birthday wishes! It is my birthday.
We just got back from the local hibachi steakhouse. Yum!

Kristen, I'm so sorry about never responding to your PM. I wanted to do it sometime I had time to really type a response and then I forgot. Just wanted to apologize!

You're lucky! I just got back from my WIC appt and they said that they will only give checks/vouchers for Enfamil. We are using Similac right now so I will talk to the doctor about switching I guess.
In FL they only do good start UNLESS you get a script from the Dr. saying you need to have X brand instead.

i'm coming here to vent. penelope won't eat. she just won't. it's the only thing we are waiting for so that she can be released from the nicu. and she just won't do it. she purses her lips and rolls her eyes. it's been three weeks already and it's soooo frustrating. so freaking frustrating. i just want her to eat already! she missed her very first holiday because she was there. she missed opening day of baseball (a big day in our house). she's missing things because she's stuck there and she won't eat.
vent over.
thanks
:hug:

And all this talk about DVC! I really want to buy in at AKV, but we are buying a house soon (hope to close next month) and have a bunch of things to do there first (fence, furniture, washer/dryer) and then we want to save up for a pool. So I have to decide which we should do first - DVC or pool, eek!

Kristen, I'm so sorry about never responding to your PM. I wanted to do it sometime I had time to really type a response and then I forgot. Just wanted to apologize!

Don't worry about it, not a problem. I've been busy with new quarter classes some online and some actual classes that I forgot I sent something as well. I love the name Owen by the way, it's a name we are considering for a sibling for Evan if we have another boy somewhere down the road. I thought Evan and Owen sounded nice together and so do Lucas and Owen! I'm totally jealous of all of your coupon bargains. I'm trying to coupon and get into it.

I think it is great that you can laugh at it!

If I read it right-happy birthday!

****You and that edit button! :)

You have to make the decision, but teaching has many advantages for mothers. In MS, I'll never be rich, or anything other than middle class. But in 7 weeks, I'm through with this year. I get 9 weeks off. Then I get a fresh start with a whole new crew. It isn't easy, but I can't see myself working anywhere but education now. I tried business (that was my minor-math was my major, then alternate route to teaching) and I hated it. I really hope I can put my counseling degree to use one day soon, though!

Yeah, well, I just felt bad putting that out there, the more I thought about it just seemed bad of me. That money goes towards DH's medical bills but because they're so behind in payment we'll end up with a settlement that will be large enough to just buy a DVC resale outright. DH says I get half the settlement for standing by him/putting up with the crap. I said we'd use it to go on vacation.. and then the idea of DVC hit me and I was like WOOHOO! :rotfl: Now he's all 'when did I say you get half' and I was like.. be careful what you take back, buddy boy.. I could have just withdrawn the money from savings and bought it while you were at work today. Happy birthday to me!! :banana::banana::rotfl2:
I got this look back: :scared1:
heheheeh

Adi, I know what you mean. DH wants to redo the kitchen. I don't really want to pour more money in the house because we don't want to stay here. We've put over $20k (all fully paid for, cash or w/e- we didn't finance anything) in improvements in this house since we bought it 16 months ago. Just a lot of money and I want to do something FUN now. Of course, that was almost all DH's GI Bill and next month is our last payment of that. I think. tear. Oh, and that first time home buyers tax credit thing too.
So DVC is what *I* want. I told him I'm going to start saving all my receipts and the "You saved xxx.xx" amount is my contribution to the DVC fund and he had to match it. :rotfl: I don't work so it's all I've got. Though I did donate my $10 that my Aunt put in my birthday card. :flower3:

There is one major downfall to buying into DVC that you must know about ahead of time. It will end up costing you waaaaayyyy more money than you could ever have imagined...................because it's easier to come up with excuses to go more often.;):lmao::rotfl:

I loooooovvvvvveeeee DVC and was also tempted by the last podcast, but we have other stuff to do first. I have made it very clear to DH that we need to buy 2 more contracts (current one is 160 pts) of 160 each so that we can pass that same thing down to each of our boys!:thumbsup2 Fair is fair...right!:rotfl:

There is one major downfall to buying into DVC that you must know about ahead of time. It will end up costing you waaaaayyyy more money than you could ever have imagined...................because it's easier to come up with excuses to go more often.;):lmao::rotfl:

I completely second this!! ;) We bought DVC before we bought our house, b/c we knew that after we bought real property, we'd never be able to justify the DVC ownership. So we just jumped in with both feet.

Ohhhhh...I would LOVE to buy into DVC! :love: We rented points last year at BWV and DH couldn't believe how inexpensive it was compared to the regular rates, and for such a nice room! Although we're in the process of selling our current house to buy a new one, so guess this wouldn't be the best time :rolleyes: But we can always think about again in a couple of years!

When we bought into DVC, we weren't the type to EVER pay for the deluxe hotels. I am the cheapest person in the world!:lmao:They say that it's not a better deal for those who always stay in Value resorts (us), but we bought in anyway. We did it so we were making a commitment to our family to take those special trips every year (never realized it would be multiple times a year:rotfl:)! We also wanted it to be there when we have grandkids and then be able to pass it on to all of our children!

Now that we've stayed in the villas, it would be really hard to go back. We love having the kitchen (it's so much cheaper) and now that we're a family of 5, it's nice having all that room. We did finance ours, but plan on paying it off with next year's tax refund. I would recommend DVC to anyone!

If anyone wants the $25 gift card referral, just PM me and you can use me as a reference!! :goodvibes

We're also having fun staying at all of the different resorts. We haven't tried BLT or BCV yet, but I can't wait! I also have a cousin getting married in CA next year, so hopefully we'll be able to swing over to DL! I haven't been there since we left CA when I was little.

Add me to the list of folks wishing they owned DVC..... but we have too much to do here. And I just don't see financing future vacations, at least no more than we could pay off in less than a year.

I'm also in the way too much grey hair club.....:lmao: I guess twins in your late 30's will do that to 'ya.:rotfl2:

AGHHH I keep trying to reply but I'm talking with someone on Facebook and it keeps clearing out my text. I'll come back with the huge paragraph about DVC, Lisa!!

Anyone have any ideas on how I can help Lucas understand a sippy cup?? He's used to just being able to suck on the nipple w/ the Drop-Ins bottles and the milk comes to him as the bag collapses. He doesn't have to hold the bottle up to get the milk out of it.
So he thinks he should be able to do the same with a sippy cup and gets irritated. He's good if we hold it but I'm not going to sit and hold his sippy cup all day! :rotfl:
So, looking for ideas.

...and now I've got to go give him a bath because he's covered in iced tea. Apparently I left my cup in the living room and he found it. Lovely.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can help Lucas understand a sippy cup?? He's used to just being able to suck on the nipple w/ the Drop-Ins bottles and the milk comes to him as the bag collapses. He doesn't have to hold the bottle up to get the milk out of it.
So he thinks he should be able to do the same with a sippy cup and gets irritated. He's good if we hold it but I'm not going to sit and hold his sippy cup all day! :rotfl:
So, looking for ideas.

...and now I've got to go give him a bath because he's covered in iced tea. Apparently I left my cup in the living room and he found it. Lovely.

On the sippy cup question.... have you thought of a straw cup instead? My older DS never, and I mean *never* held his own bottle. Sippys were a no-go until he was in preschool, seriously. Instead we did straw cups, started with the take n toss ones that they have at most Targets & Wal-Marts, probably other places as well. The take n toss straw cups fit tight enough that you can give the cup a little squeeze to start the liquid up the straw & the kid can get the idea to suck on the straw. They come with a small rigid straw that seems best to learn with, but after the kid gets the idea (and gets past the cup chucking phase- lol) you can switch to regular disposable straws -- which seems a lot more sanitary to me.:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter