Newport Bay Club FAQ & Information Thread

Hotel Newport Bay Club – Loved it! We stayed here September 22nd-25th 2009. Room 7270 in the East Wing, very close to the lifts.

The Admirals Floor check-in was brilliant, no queue at all. When we were checking in we were offered park breakfast for the Friday which I had been about to ask for! There was a slight mix up with our room though. We booked though Airmiles who had requested a cot on our behalf (not my request!) so they had given us a king size bed instead of 2 doubles. There wasn’t a cot in our room, just the king size bed, but this wasn’t problem as DD would be in our bed! Sadly no balcony but we could see the lake, TOT, The Castle & balloon.

It was lakeside but as you can see in the photo below it was sideways facing so you can see the lake but mostly it faces the hotel. You can make out Tower of Terror in the background and the balloon if you turn your head...

Disneylnd058.jpg

DD's favourite thing about the hotel was the fish tank complete with "Nemo" and "Dory"!! :lmao:

Lazy morning with room service booked for 8-8.30 for DH's birthday! Cereal, juice, pastries, fruit salad, yoghurt & coffee. One of the best things about the Admirals Floor!

Disneylnd127.jpg

Hi,

we just returned from our trip to the newport bay club and I can answer a few questions that were asked in the thread. The Captains Quarter breakfast is only open for suite guests and not for admiral floor guests. Admiral Floor guests have to eat their breakfast together with the other guests in either Cape Cod or the Yacht Club (which have, I believe, an identical buffet).
There seem to be no goodies on the room (we were only 2 adults), as we didnt have a chocolate on our room.

I can agree to the other posts, that say eating the breakfast buffet isnt much fun. Indeed I never saw something like that in my life and I were to quite some hotels. The buffet was extremly busy and the queue extreme long. So I would recommend either to go very early in the morning or after 10 am. Or, even better, use the room service. Which, by the way, now costs 10 Euros per room. To give you a better impression of what to expect you can see the breakfast menu here:
menu.jpg
click .
For those (like me) who never took advantage of the room service before: Just open the door and hold the door open so the roomservice can do its job, if you try to help in any way (for example receive the coffee can or something) its only gonna look stupid. The 10 Euro will be billed to your room.

We ate one time on the room and one time in the restaurant and while the quality/variety in the restaurant is slightly better (for example you get ciabatta rolls and a wider selection of meat as well as cream cheese and apple juice) the silence in the room is worth much more.

The two hotel restaurants are very good. I ate many times in the disney parks and were everytime pretty disappointed, but these two restaurants are really good. On the first night we ate at the cape cod. Buffet costs about 27 Euro per person, which is not really cheap. But the buffet is great: the selection of foods as well as the quality of the foods. There were thing like salamon, pork,shrimps and desserts like mouse chocolate and creme brullee. The receptionist told me that the buffet wont change from day to day so you get every day the same food there.
So on the second day we ate at the yacht club which is even a little more expensive: The cheapest menu costs 29 Euro and consists (obviously) of appetiser, an entree and a dessert. The food quality was good and you get as much bread as you like, so you will get full if you like. A bottle of wine costs about 14 euro what is (from a german perspective) a good price, but I guess wine is cheaper in french restaurants anyway.

Here are some photos from our trip (only the hotel):

So all in all I would definitly recommend the Newport Bay Club. Next time we might try the New York Hotel but what disappointed me there at a first glance was the buffet (we had a short look). It was a little less appealing than the Newport Bay Club buffet, but the short look might have affected my opinion and I didnt taste the food, maybe it tastes great anyway. Maybe I can tell next year :)

We stayed five nights in October just before Halloween. The options for breakfast are
1. Book a time in the main restarant, this is OK with a good range of (cold) things but gets quite busy after 8am.
2. Breakfast in the park (at the Plaza Gardens) this was very good but book well in advance ticjkects were gone 2 days ahead. And it also gets busy later. We did this every chance we got.
3.Pay extra to have a hot breakfast in the Captains Quarters bar, 12 euros for adults and 8 for children. This was nice and very relaxied but a bit expensive just to get some bacon and eggs.
4. And of course room service, but there is a charge for this. We didnt try it as the kids need space in the morning (or at least we need space from the kids).

This was our second stay at the NBC and i would recomend it. The pool is good and the staff were particulalry friendly and helpfull.

We stayed at Newport Bay last week and I wanted to let those not staying on the Admirals Floor that you can get a kettle and some cups and teaspoons free of charge if you ring Housekeeping from your room :-) it doesn't come with tea, coffee etc but we took our own so it wasn't a problem.

Thought I would pop a quick review up, as I know this is one of those hotels that you either love or hate, and that it does sometimes get poor reviews!

Our experience couldn't have been better! We paid a little more to upgrade to Admirals Floor, Lake View (maybe £130 more in total) and were given a wonderful room with a balcony, looking directly out over the lake and with views of the Castle and parks to our left. Room number 8278, 8th floor, a few steps away from the lifts in a quiet corner.

The room was immaculate - yes there was a few little bits of peeling wallpaper (very little) and a few chips in the furniture. There was a little bit of mould on some of the tiles - but that is me being picky. I've stayed in many hotels worldwide, 2 days before we went to Disney we stayed in 5* hotel for our wedding anniversary, and tbh, it was only slightly better than the NPB.

The beds were comfortable and the aircon was more than adequate, and kept us cool, despite it being boiling outside!

The exterior of the hotel is gorgeous, it needs refurbed and spruced up, but it is still a lovely looking hotel.

The lobby is fab, so clean and spacious, and the white and blue theming is so airy!

There is only one lift from the lobby down to the restaurants and the exit to walk to the park. Many trip reports make this out to be a nightmare, but tbh it wasn't, 99% of the time we got in with no wait, and the other times it was no bother carrying the buggy up the stairs. There are 5 lifts up to the rooms so we never had to queue for those.

We ate in the Yacht Club for breakfast, it was very civilised, you queue at the door (for no more than a minute) and are shown to your table, and the buffet breakfast was split across 3 areas, which was great as it meant no big queues etc. Food was lovely and fresh, and was replenished constantly.

We only drank in the bar once, but again, it was a lovely experience, table service by very pleasant CM's and a lovely view!

Check-in was very quick at the Admirals Floor desk, and the CM was wonderful - giving Rosebug chocolate coins, balloons and a name badge.

It was busy at times, but no more busy than I remember New York or Cheyenne being, infact it was a lot less manic than Cheyenne and the character queues and breakfast queues were a lot less than I remember at the NY.

Swimming pool and changing rooms were excellent, immaculately clean and a lovely temperature.

However, it is big and I can imagine if you were in one of the wings it could be a nightmare!

I would like to try Sequoia and obviously DLH, but I much preferred this hotel to the New York (which to mewas just too conference like, with little atmosphere) and the Cheyenne and we will happily stay here again!

HTH!

Some photos:

DSC_0294 by rosebug09, on Flickr

DSC_0295 by rosebug09, on Flickr

DSC_0296 by rosebug09, on Flickr

DSC_0297 by rosebug09, on Flickr

DSC_0298 by rosebug09, on Flickr

DSC_0299 by rosebug09, on Flickr

DSC_0300 by rosebug09, on Flickr

DSC_0301 by rosebug09, on Flickr

DSC_0383 by rosebug09, on Flickr

DSC_0390 by rosebug09, on Flickr

DSC_0416 by rosebug09, on Flickr

Here are two articles I thought I would share - they have photographs and some info on the renovation work schedule for DLP and in particular for the NPBC and as it was something I've been hunting for I though others might be interested in. We are booked for the end of November and are hoping to get a brand new room. The pictures in particular were something I had struggled to find. Here are the articles:

http://www.leparcorama.com/2013/10/06/disneyland-paris-hotels-to-be-completely-renovated-by-2020/

and

http://papacitoyen.reves-connectes....te-ses-fans-decouvrir-parler-ses-projets.html

It looks like this thread has been dormant for quite some time. I hope it's ok to post questions here. I just booked a two night stay in a lake view room for a quick one-day trip to DLP with my sister. Has anyone stayed here since the renovations? Will we be able to buy park tickets at the hotel or do we have to wait until we get to the park?

I too have a Newport Bay question - Compass Club - worth it? It would be an extra $560AUD (for 3 adults and an infant) to upgrade from a standard room to a compass club lake view. Given we're going to be getting the Spring half board deal which includes breakfast (albeit in the park) already would it be worth it? As I understand it, we would be getting a buffet breakfast, tea and coffee facilities, private check in, a fastpass per person per day and a more central room but not sure about that much $ extra!

Thoughts??

It looks like this thread has been dormant for quite some time. I hope it's ok to post questions here. I just booked a two night stay in a lake view room for a quick one-day trip to DLP with my sister. Has anyone stayed here since the renovations? Will we be able to buy park tickets at the hotel or do we have to wait until we get to the park?
Hello teruterubouzu! We just returned from a two night stay. Upon arrival (Approximately 1:00 p.m.) , we checked in, left our bags, purchased tickets at concierge desk and went straight to the parks! If you're planning to take advantage of extra magic hours, be sure to bring the "easy pass" you'll get at check-in.
I can't comment on renovations since this was our first time here, but the hotel was very nice. Hope this helps and is posted in time for your trip.

The breakfast in the park is just a coffee, a juice and a crescent roll or breakfastburger type thing. I think you still could upgrade to the buffet. It is a huge hotel so there are a lot of people during breakfast, if you don't like that go with the club.
The extra fastpass is not necessary in my opinion if you don't go during high season. A lot of FP were still available throughout the day when we went. Just don't do a weekend.

Hello teruterubouzu! We just returned from a two night stay. Upon arrival (Approximately 1:00 p.m.) , we checked in, left our bags, purchased tickets at concierge desk and went straight to the parks! If you're planning to take advantage of extra magic hours, be sure to bring the "easy pass" you'll get at check-in.
I can't comment on renovations since this was our first time here, but the hotel was very nice. Hope this helps and is posted in time for your trip.
Thanks for your reply back. I'm glad you had a nice visit. My sister and I were there toward the beginning of April. We were underwhelmed by Newport Bay and if I had it to do over again, I would stay at one of the partner hotels. The park itself was lovely though. I was so impressed with the attention to detail in many of the lands.

We'll be staying here in August after visiting London & Paris.:woohoo:
Are there laundry facilities on site? We might be running low on clean clothes by then.

I am also wondering about the 1 fast pass per day when staying Compass Club.
If our stay is for 3 nights, do they give us all 3 days worth of fast passes upon check in? I'm wondering if it's possible to use all 3 our first full day, because our final day we'll be leaving early in the am to the airport.
Our first day of arrival will be late afternnon after a full day walking tour of Paris. We might be too tired to go to parks that first night. Can we save that day's fast pass for the next day?

We'll be staying here in August after visiting London & Paris.:woohoo:
Are there laundry facilities on site? We might be running low on clean clothes by then.

No the only laundry facilities on site are at Hotel Cheyenne - anyone can go and use this though and it is only about 10 mins walk
The only option at other hotels is to use the hotel laundry service where they do the laundy for you and charge per item which works out very expensive

We stayed there this week for the first time (compass club lake view) and loved it.

we've now stayed at all the hotels at least once except DCR, and I'd rate NPB compass club as our new favorite. It just feels better value for money compared to DLH standard level, especially with the new breakfast "deals". The level of comfort etc far exceed the tired looking HNY. The view, the offerings from compass club lounge, and the little things like the nespresso machine in the rooms all make it a great level of service for the "disney" price.

Yes, the distance is a little annoying - has the little train shuttle thing now gone? didnt see it once whilst we were there. Not sure how that would work with the security screening now anyway?

My only negative would be that it would be nice if the compass club included alcoholic drinks in the evening like club level in WDW does, but I suppose they'd increase the price considerably if that was the case which perhaps would not be worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!