News Round Up 2016

Please, please, please, please, please.... recast the role.

Spielberg absolutely will not.

Here's how this is gonna go:

Kasdan screenplay (raiders alum)
Kennedy/Marshall produced (all Indy film alums)
Spielberg directed (all Indy movies alum)
Ford as aging mentor (so he can "get paid)
Lucas going on 60
Minutes and complaining (his new role)

Spielberg absolutely will not.

Here's how this is gonna go:

Kasdan screenplay (raiders alum)
Kennedy/Marshall produced (all Indy film alums)
Spielberg directed (all Indy movies alum)
Ford as aging mentor (so he can "get paid)
Lucas going on 60
Minutes and complaining (his new role)

Likely so, but Indy 4 (if it existed, which it doesn't) should have been Ford as mentor. They ballsed it up (if they had made that movie, which obviously they haven't). Ford is too old to carry an action movie and basically too old to care. TFA was his best performance in most of 20 years and at times that was almost a pastiche of his original performances. The Indy forumla doen't really allow for that sort of weakness to be hidden amongst a large cast.

The whole "no one else can play it" is silly. Four other actors have already played that part.

Likely so, but Indy 4 (if it existed, which it doesn't) should have been Ford as mentor. They ballsed it up (if they had made that movie, which obviously they haven't). Ford is too old to carry an action movie and basically too old to care. TFA was his best performance in most of 20 years and at times that was almost a pastiche of his original performances. The Indy forumla doen't really allow for that sort of weakness to be hidden amongst a large cast.

The whole "no one else can play it" is silly. Four other actors have already played that part.

I don't disagree...

But Spielberg was kennedy's boss for 30 years...Lucas is gone...and Spielberg will never purposefully crap on ford or Tom
Hanks...

So it's an "all or nothing" scenario

I actually think with the massive success of Star wars Disney will be pushing forward with the expansion faster than they normally do. I mean, we're still probably talking 3 years, but still...I definitely think we'll be seeing work going on in the next few months.

Hope you're right.

It would be bad on the other hand if they decide that the success of SW is so great that they can pull in huge crowds with meet and greets, character meals, cosmetic Star Tours makeovers, and so on. If other parts of their organization are bleeding cash ... then they might logically decide to make SW land construction extremely ... phased ...

Don't get me wrong, with the success of TFA the keg is definitely half full, not half empty. The question is, will they feel the urge to continue filling it, or will they tap it to the max. Star Wars fans might not be able to contain their excitement enough to hold out for a really great land, i.e. to boycott or wait them out.

Now that the cycle of continuing 70's-80's box office smashes is in motion, I predict "Back to the Future IV," as well as something related to "look who's talking." Joking about one of those.

Hope you're right.

It would be bad on the other hand if they decide that the success of SW is so great that they can pull in huge crowds with meet and greets, character meals, cosmetic Star Tours makeovers, and so on. If other parts of their organization are bleeding cash ... then they might logically decide to make SW land construction extremely ... phased ...

Don't get me wrong, with the success of TFA the keg is definitely half full, not half empty. The question is, will they feel the urge to continue filling it, or will they tap it to the max. Star Wars fans might not be able to contain their excitement enough to hold out for a really great land, i.e. to boycott or wait them out.

Yep...I wasnt going to suggest it...but there IT is...

Last edited:
Hope you're right.

Well if humanity is that stupid, then we deserve them to take five years to build it. I don't think that many people are planning trips around Launch Bay.

Well if humanity is that stupid, then we deserve them to take five years to build it. I don't think that many people are planning trips around Launch Bay.

Unfortunately, we are, sort of. We were planning on doing Star Wars Weekends in June, until it was canceled. Well, the only Star Wars stuff they have may not last that long. So, we are going in March instead of June. However, March will be a shorter vacation, so less dollars for Disney.

Giving a lot of BOTD, aint ya?

and as discussed here steadily as we enter IGER DECADE DEUX….you think they care about what people are planning for as long as they're coming?
And you think Big Shot Bobby cares what you and i have to say or whether we show up? (maybe you….definitely not me - but i pay a lot when i'm there :)…his loss)

Unfortunately, we are, sort of. We were planning on doing Star Wars Weekends in June, until it was canceled. Well, the only Star Wars stuff they have may not last that long. So, we are going in March instead of June. However, March will be a shorter vacation, so less dollars for Disney.

oh man….you get a five minute boarding major and a game misconduct for admitting this…you'll be hearing from the office of player safety on monday

oh man….you get a five minute boarding major and a game misconduct for admitting this…you'll be hearing from the office of player safety on monday

I gave DH and DS the choice of more days or more Star Wars at WDW. They chose Star Wars, so March here we come. We will at least get to see the fireworks and do the dessert party, in addition to Launch Bay. It's not the same, but it's better than nothing for now.

I gave DH and DS the choice of more days or more Star Wars at WDW. They chose Star Wars, so March here we come. We will at least get to see the fireworks and do the dessert party, in addition to Launch Bay. It's not the same, but it's better than nothing for now.

Oh dear...

...so you're the one that continually mucks up the point charts?

Guilty as charged. Although it is much better than it was 8 or 9 years ago-- Maybe I am the one who is keeping the week days lower for those of you who travel sunday to friday-- However I have absolutely nothing to do with the changes at SSR.... other than helping them to realize the points are too high...

Guilty as charged. Although it is much better than it was 8 or 9 years ago-- Maybe I am the one who is keeping the week days lower for those of you who travel sunday to friday-- However I have absolutely nothing to do with the changes at SSR.... other than helping them to realize the points are too high...

Saratoga was too high from the go - real estate bubble stupidity.

I do find it funny they're gonna charge more to be next to the mall now...whatever.

I think most of what they've done with the point charts have been good. For the nuts around me, it means no
More sun-thurs stays - which I always though was a stupid way to be a points mizer anyway.

Saratoga was too high from the go - real estate bubble stupidity.

I do find it funny they're gonna charge more to be next to the mall now...whatever.

I think most of what they've done with the point charts have been good. For the nuts around me, it means no
More sun-thurs stays - which I always though was a stupid way to be a points mizer anyway.

Perhaps the Sun-Thurs stays are more a case of people like us that don't get off work till Friday at 5 p.m. and drive from Illinois leaving Saturday and trying to be home with a day to spare in case of anything goes wrong at home. We are not DVC (yet) but have rented points and stayed non DVC and our times of stays are always Sun-Fri morning. Even the times we have flown, we stayed on Hotel Blvd on Saturday night.

In all our trips though, I can honestly say that the few extra hundreds for staying Saturday through Wednesday night hasn't ever been an issue, it is just the timing of vacation ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter