News Round Up 2017

I don't know if anyone is interested in this but we've been collecting Starbucks "You are here" mugs.

Unfortunately I was only able to get 4 of the 6 mugs I wanted on my trip (I got MK, Epcot, Universal and Orlando one).

We were told that AK's mug was being redeisgned to include Pandora. I was told, though I'm not sure I'm fully confident in the answer, that the AK ones would be available in late September or in October.

We were told DHS's shipment was delayed due to the hurricane and they didn't know when they would get their shipment in. I actually found it was odd because when I went to ask the CMs they virtually had no idea about the mugs (as in what they were)...uh you guys are the location to buy them...I'd hope you would know information about them. Even the manager on duty was clueless....about the mugs themselves. My husband went in the next day and the CM there was knowledgable and advised him the shipment was delayed due to the hurricane.

I know I can buy them off of Amazon but they are usually around twice the cost (I'll have to wait on the AK one until the design is actually out).

Just wanted to pass along some information and again this is just what I was told :)
Good to know! I have the four original ones of the WDW parks. I believe the DHS has changed a bit since the original one as well.

I don't know if anyone is interested in this but we've been collecting Starbucks "You are here" mugs.

Unfortunately I was only able to get 4 of the 6 mugs I wanted on my trip (I got MK, Epcot, Universal and Orlando one).

We were told that AK's mug was being redeisgned to include Pandora. I was told, though I'm not sure I'm fully confident in the answer, that the AK ones would be available in late September or in October.

We were told DHS's shipment was delayed due to the hurricane and they didn't know when they would get their shipment in. I actually found it was odd because when I went to ask the CMs they virtually had no idea about the mugs (as in what they were)...uh you guys are the location to buy them...I'd hope you would know information about them. Even the manager on duty was clueless....about the mugs themselves. My husband went in the next day and the CM there was knowledgable and advised him the shipment was delayed due to the hurricane.

I know I can buy them off of Amazon but they are usually around twice the cost (I'll have to wait on the AK one until the design is actually out).

Just wanted to pass along some information and again this is just what I was told :)

That is good to hear - I was wondering if they might even do a separate "You are here" mug for just Pandora (since it is supposed to be a separate planet and idea is you are actually being transported there - so a different "here" to be) ... though there isn't a Starbucks in Pandora so guess it doesn't make sense

That is good to hear - I was wondering if they might even do a separate "You are here" mug for just Pandora (since it is supposed to be a separate planet and idea is you are actually being transported there - so a different "here" to be) ... though there isn't a Starbucks in Pandora so guess it doesn't make sense
I had wondered if they were going to redesign the mug when Pandora was coming up on being opened. The CM I talked to had said the AK mugs hadn't been around since June/July. I just hadn't heard personally news about a redesign so I was all disappointed in not being able to get the mug while I was there. I'll get it eventually though either by doing another trip or hoping amazon gets it :)

I also have the MK 45th and the ornament version of the Disneyland 60 one. I don’t drink a lot of coffee but for some reason I like mugs.
I have 9 or so lol...plus the 4 I just got lol

It started out a few years ago when my husband would travel for a business trip he would get me one from the city he was in (via buying it at the airport) then we started getting them on the trips we went on (though we forgot to get the D.C. one), my sister-in-law for my b-day this year got me the mug for our own area.

I drink coffee but honestly I just like the mugs too. I plan on having mug clips put underneath the cabinet that we use for mugs/wine glasses which is our coffee/alcohol countertop and display at the very least the ones from this trip and a few other ones.

Soooo funny story...while the hurricane was all going on my husband was like "I hope that tower of terror sign is ok" lol (he loves tower of terror). We did drive past it several times and it was there still intact at least from our angle that we could see so I did alert him that it appeared to have survived the winds and he was like "oh that's good to hear I was worried".

Has the potential to be a really cool place and nice addition ... hopefully they step up with the variety and quality of craft beer offerings (and nice they will have the "create your own" flight vs just preset options)
It will certainly be a stop on my next visit to DHS. I think beer flights make a lot of sense for Disney restaurant properties. Gives folks a tastings of a wide variety beers without needing a full pint.
I love beer. I think it's fine for the parks. However, for me personally, add in some rides and I don't need a lot of beer before I'm a little uncomfortable....so getting a tasting of a bunch at one seating is always a nice option.

It will certainly be a stop on my next visit to DHS. I think beer flights make a lot of sense for Disney restaurant properties. Gives folks a tastings of a wide variety beers without needing a full pint.
I love beer. I think it's fine for the parks. However, for me personally, add in some rides and I don't need a lot of beer before I'm a little uncomfortable....so getting a tasting of a bunch at one seating is always a nice option.
For us we waited til the evening to have alcohol. I saw plenty of people in the day time (especially at Universal in the Simpsons area and Hogsmeade in Harry Potter) but with heat index (at least for a few days of over 100)...it was not on our list of things to do with the blazing sun and rides we still wanted to immediately ride.

I think it will be a good place to relax once the sun has gone down and I personally think a welcome addition to DHS. Wish it had been opened for us to explore but there's always the next time (provided it doesn't change to something else by the time we get back there lol).

ETA: We had an Eastern FL beer flight at Epcot before Illuminations. I enjoy beer flights as well. It's nice to get a bit of the sampling. We do build your own beer packs at some of our liquor stores here in our area and it allows you to figure out if you like that beer without getting the whole pack of it.

I also have the MK 45th and the ornament version of the Disneyland 60 one. I don’t drink a lot of coffee but for some reason I like mugs.

I don't drink coffee at all really but I have an obsession with collecting cups/mugs. I mostly have stadium cups from pretty much every SEC stadium and a few random ones. Not to mention way too many from my alma mater from the last 10 years or so. Unfortunately for me, mugs have much more variety than cups when it comes to Disney, so since I don't use them I only have a handful from my favorite place and they are just to look at.

I agree, but wouldn't it have been more timeless and future-proof if you ride a dragon through a medieval setting (all with Disney princess easter-eggs hidden in the screen) and take a boat ride through an enchanted forest filled with AA's of unicorns, gnomes, fairies, wood imps, etc (heck, let's get crazy and ride through the "forbidden" part of the enchanted forest and encounter werewolves, manticores, basilisks, and ghouls).
This is especially true with the rumors of the Forbidden Forest coming to Universal

I think you and I are on the same wavelength. I really enjoy beer. I know some folks don't think it's right for the parks, and some do abuse it. What is funny for me is that I just don't see it being an issue on my end. It's almost always too hot, so I'm guzzling water to stay hydrated. If I have more than one "good" beer at a sitting, it's just too much in the environment, because I've ate too much in conjunction. Add a ride on the rockin rollercoaster and star tours, I don't think there is a risk I'll over indulge. So a beer flight is a nice treat.

I don't drink coffee at all really but I have an obsession with collecting cups/mugs. I mostly have stadium cups from pretty much every SEC stadium and a few random ones. Not to mention way too many from my alma mater from the last 10 years or so. Unfortunately for me, mugs have much more variety than cups when it comes to Disney, so since I don't use them I only have a handful from my favorite place and they are just to look at.

My Disney mug collection has outgrown my cabinets. I can't stop myself. I use them for tea.

My Disney mug collection has outgrown my cabinets. I can't stop myself. I use them for tea.
There were sooooo many cute mugs in all the stores down in Disney but I had to keep telling myself "no no no" especially because I had gone down with the assumption that I would be bringing 6 starbucks mugs home...it was really hard to resist though :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter