News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guests are reporting the Fire Trucks/Emergency vehicles are onsite at the Poly. No other info available yet.

GMA is still a news show and things get moved around or pushed when there's a big news story. Pushing it one day to Friday means the car is only there an extra day not over the weekend so it can still be back in FL tomorrow. With all we say and read about Disney I can't imagine had the announcement been planned for.yesterday they would continue with it and push summer family vacations. I also don't see why they would make it a Friday news dump because the date is fine, it only upsets those that thought it would be mem day weekend like Pandora. I would guess it's also more likely to get picked up by other news broadcasts that want a happy story. Our ABC Seattle station always reports on the big dl/Disney stuff.
I know this is from several days ago, but just fyi, a guy I graduated high school with is an Event Director at Disney and, of course, I follow him on FB. He flew to NYC on Thursday during the day for the Friday news release. I would assume if the info was to be presented the day before, and was just presented late, that he would have flown on Wednesday.

Honestly though, I really should have paid more attention to his post as it said "To Infinity and Beyond? Well maybe just NYC." I did kind of wonder if it had anything to do with TSL but I wasn't sure because he travels a lot, for Disney and personally.

Thought I'd share this and see what everyone's thoughts are...

Disney's IP Movement

I know not exactly news or rumors but there isn't really any where else to discuss this.
I have very little problem with IP - IF it's done well. For instance, Mission Breakout in DCA is fantastic and done well (I know people can't get over losing ToT, though).

But if they're going to just slap an Incredibles logo on the side of a roller coaster, that doesn't do it for me.

I think everything will eventually be IP - one way or the other. They'll probably make a Mystic Manor movie at some point - like they did for Pirates...

Guests are reporting the Fire Trucks/Emergency vehicles are onsite at the Poly. No other info available yet.
Was just there for lunch at Kona. Arrived at 12:10 and saw nothing unusual when we drove in.

Thought I'd share this and see what everyone's thoughts are...

Disney's IP Movement

I know not exactly news or rumors but there isn't really any where else to discuss this.

Great Article Ryan! I don't mind IP being added as long as it fits thematically and is done correctly. IP is the reason we all fell in love with Disney. I don't mind GotG being added to future world as long as they tie GotG with energy but I don't like a GotG dance party at the American pavilion because it doesn't fit thematically imo. I do like rat, frozen, possibly Mary Poppins and Coco being added to World Showcase because it was either inspired or took place in that country. IPs being added to World Showcase also can make you want to learn more about that culture. While waiting in line for Frozen Ever After I actually sparked conservation with a cast member from Norway and learned a lot. I do wish that Disney decides to make more non IP rides and experiences to help balance everything. Just my thoughts on this topic.

So much for BoG for dinner. My family isn't into Octopus and other FruFru items they're showing. Last visit, we went for lunch and had great time. I know we're not adventurous. And, these menu items will turn the family off from going in the evening.
Well we don't know all of the items and they still have a steak so not exactly frufru.

Well we don't know all of the items and they still have a steak so not exactly frufru.

Agreed. They are actually doing a decent job of trying to give adventurous and non-adventurous options. That said, $55 is just not worth it to me unless I hear some pretty amazing things about how revamped the food is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter