News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEWS

Cost of parking at resorts has increased a little as well

For reservations made June 18, 2019 and thereafter for arrivals in 2020:
- Disney Value Resorts: $15 per night (up from $13)
- Disney Moderate Resorts: $20 per night (up from $19)
- Disney Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts: $25 per night (up from $24)
Complimentary standard parking is available to Guests staying at the Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort. Each campsite provides parking space for one (1) motorized vehicle.

https://chipandco.com/walt-disney-w...TGUBmp5OrPdMyh5jxbsBQXSB8E4kJ51zjxw4vLfC6OXmY

That's a 15% increase for values. 5% for moderates, and 4% for deluxe.

And I'm still not sure what this is supposedly paying for. I guess it wasn't quite in line with industry standards in the highly metropolitan Disney World property.

We live only 2 hours away and the APs we used to have now would cost 33% more or $1200 more for our family of 5 in just 2 years time! Definitetly off the edge of reason now for us too. We have the FL resident tickets for our upcoming trip and were thinking of converting back to APs... not now. That’s insanity. Once the resident tickets stop, it’s game over for us as well.

Tickets in general are on the edge of reason as much as it pains me to say. Our yearly trips are over. Maybe every other year (at most) from now on until the kids can pay for themselves :)

Interesting. I still dont get this. Just raise the hotel prices by a dollar or two .. no one would even notice.

They still seem to be not enforcing this. I went in November and when we checked in at the desk I was ASKED if I had a car on site. I told them yes, but I was grandfathered in because I made my reservation before the change and I was not charged.

I went again in March and never checked in at the front desk - just did online check in. So Disney had no way of knowing if I had a car onsite or if I was dropped off by a taxi. And since they never knew, I never saw the parking fee line item on my bill (i could have missed it, but didnt see it).

So when I go in November .. if I never TELL anyone I drove -- will I be charged? Because I am fine doing online check-in and skipping the front desk (even though desk check-in is part of the excitement)

Who knows. I didn't have a car, never entered a resort in anything other than a Disney bus or DME and I was charged for parking last trip. :confused3

So anyone book for 2020 today? Luckily we booked room only a few months ago - my price today would have a $384 increase for same dates!

Reading Epcot Resorts and Gondola resorts seemed to have had biggest increases, but it's hard to tell if it's only certain months or across the board.

So when I go in November .. if I never TELL anyone I drove -- will I be charged? Because I am fine doing online check-in and skipping the front desk (even though desk check-in is part of the excitement)

Are you staying on points or have a handicap placard? You are free if you do. I was always thought that it was the security guard at the gate that marked if you had a car or not. I'm not sure on that though as we have been on points since the fees started and we have a placard for our daughter.

Reading Epcot Resorts and Gondola resorts seemed to have had biggest increases, but it's hard to tell if it's only certain months or across the board.

would make sense, and what I suspected as they are the closest proximity to Galaxy's Edge with the skyliner going to DHS

And I'm still not sure what this is supposedly paying for. I guess it wasn't quite in line with industry standards in the highly metropolitan Disney World property.

I thought it was surmised that this was being used to balance the books for some internal carbon tax offset scheme Disney has implemented across their properties?

I priced out our Sep 2019 trip this morning for Sep 2020. The identical trip will increase 18% in 2020!! For what it's worth we stay at Pop so Skyliner may be affecting pricing for 2020.

Last edited:

Yes, but I get the sense that the uproar for overnight parking fees has been somewhat tamed over time. I don't agree with the parking policy.

I thought it was surmised that this was being used to balance the books for some internal carbon tax offset scheme Disney has implemented across their properties?

There is no way that's true. That would actually be a good PR move that they could advertise. The only reason they gave inquiring customers was moving their properties to an "industry standard," which was a terrible PR excuse.

I figured these benefits would go away once SWGE opened and once the new resorts started opening .. I guess not.

I guess the demand for 60-day fast passes will be through the roof -- requiring a 7 day plus stay in order to get a FP for the newest attractions .. With the two new disney towers opening and the new ones coming, plus these good neighbor hotels, the sheer amount of guests that have access to EMH and 60-day FPs seems really really big.

....unlesss, of course, the paid FP rumor comes true and all high demand attraction FPs will only be available with an upcharge.

Last edited:
Good thing for the dvc annual pass. Hopefully it sticks around. Gold went up 90 dollars to 699. But srillll a great deal looking at these prices.
Just bought into DVC resale. I had debating on going direct, but I just didn't like the two resorts they were selling right now especially with the resale restrictions, high dues, and high points chart for Rivera. Ah well, it may not be the worst thing to decrease the frequency of my trips a tad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter