News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably discussed.

I think Disney long assumed that people were holding out for Star Wars, but turned out, that wasn’t it.

Oof. How can it be THAT bad? Wasn't Rocket rods just a bad version of Test Track (but people on a people mover track?) that broke down a lot?
Rocket Rods wasn't anything at all like Test Track. Entirely different structure, cars, technology. I rode it when it first opened and it was just a series of quick accelerations, rapid braking and turns. The track had lots of corners which meant that there were a lot of quick transitions from acceleration to braking. The elevated track that was previously used for the slow, steady people mover apparently couldn't take the forces this created.

Correct. DHS will open first it seems at this point. They are putting all focus in getting the WDW version completely ready for the world and holding on DL.

Well, this makes me both happy and sad for my trip to Disneyland in September. It's great from the aspect that I don't see crowds surging their now as even more people will surely wait for WDW if it will be fully complete first.

Sad, because it was the only ride I was interested in

Yeah it’s going to overwhelm the park. It’s going to be crowded no doubt. You won’t see 10 minute waits for Slinky dog. Even during this relatively soft summer waits at the studios are pretty decent.

HWS was almost unbearable the one day I was there last week. It didn't help that Tower wasn't running at full capacity. I can't wait for that park to be complete haha

Didn't Infinity Falls at Sea World have lift problems? I wonder if something is going on with RotR in a similar fashion. Isn't RotR also the first trackless ride in the US? And it appeared to be a pretty decent sized trackless vehicle from the photo releases. Getting all that tech to line up may be difficult.

This is kind of interesting. Doesn't seem like Far From Home will have any problems reaching $1B, but I can't imagine Sony would be dumb enough to pull it from Marvel. Given the hash Sony made of the previous SpiderMan, they need Marvel to make sense of the character. Still, there is a decent explanation of why the clause would be in there from Marvel's point of view. I'm in no hurry to see a Venom/Spidey crossover though. I know Venom did well at the box office, but it didn't do much for me.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...-box-office-marvel-studios-sony-a9000146.html

These people that are angry about diversity in Disney Star Wars are so blind. Princess Leia was far more competent than Luke or Han in the Death Star scenes in ANH so I guess Kathleen Kennedy went back in time and started whispering in Lucas' ear right? Because it's all her haha. I just can't with these people.
Uh, you might have hit on the issue without realizing it. ;) Leia was a well-drawn character with a compelling actress playing her. There was no sense in which she was added in just to stick a woman in the movie. That was part of it, but she was interesting and held her own.

Speaking only for myself: I think they did a horrible job of developing the character of Finn and I felt like TLJ would have been stronger and moved along better without Rose and her entire throw-away storyline that goes nowhere except a chemistry-free relationship with Finn. It all ends up feeling like they threw in certain characters for the sake of making a statement but didn’t bother to develop them.

That’s different than being “angry about diversity” in the movie. That’s a popular thing to post these days but I think isn’t accurate for the vast majority of those who were less than thrilled with TLJ. People just give the nuts who do have an issue with diversity in and of itself WAY too much attention... often for their own motives.

Last edited:
Hardly. Since my message is nested in a rumor thread it is not confirmed and shouldn't be taken as fact.

As scrappinginontario accurately notes, lots of people here don't want to know anything about future attractions. Additionally, this is NOT a rumor thread. (Check the thread title.)

A quick search for Disney resorts at the end of Oct, Nov and Dec shows a huge problem for Disney. Those are typically some the strongest weeks for Disney and other than Ft Wilderness, just about everything is available.
Not releasing free dining or any discounts is really backfiring and everyday they wait is pushing people to make other holiday/vacation plans.

Uh, you might have hit on the issue without realizing it. ;) Leia was a well-drawn character with a compelling actress playing her. There was no sense in which she was added in just to stick a woman in the movie. That was part of it, but she was interesting and held her own.

Speaking only for myself: I think they did a horrible job of developing the character of Finn and I felt like TLJ would have been stronger and moved along better without Rose and her entire throw-away storyline that goes nowhere except a chemistry-free relationship with Finn. It all ends up feeling like they threw in certain characters for the sake of making a statement but didn’t bother to develop them.

That’s different than being “angry about diversity” in the movie. That’s a popular thing to post these days but I think isn’t accurate for the vast majority of those who were less than thrilled with TLJ. People just give the nuts who do have an issue with diversity in and of itself WAY too much attention... often for their own motives.

I agree with on Finn and Rose for the most part. I do like Rose as a character though. She was one of my favorite things about TLJ aside from, yes, that story line went nowhere. I still that as a character she added to the film. But the character treatment of Finn in both TFA and TLJ was horrendous, imo.

And I have to disagree with you that the angry about diversity thing is just something popular to post. All of the hatred that I saw and especially the hatred that I continue to see focuses on Kathleen Kennedy and her SJW agenda. Sure, that isn't you and you have some valid criticism as well as others. But even with your criticisms Finn and Rose's race/sex have nothing to do with the issues. The issues are story and whether Finn was white and Rose was a male or a white female it still would have fallen flat and some people, not you, focus in on the race/sex as the root of the problem. There is a lot of sexist crap thrown at Kathleen Kennedy. The actress that plays Rose was harassed so much online to the point that she had to delete her IG account. So we can't say that sexism/racism isn't a very real problem with some of the hatred for TLJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter