News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's like you're rubbing salt in my wounds :( :upsidedow :flower3:
It definitely is interesting how far behind Disneyland's truly is. It is nice that they are sharing opening different aspects of the Land on both coasts though. WDW has to wait 3 months for the land while Disneyland has to wait 5 weeks for the RotR attraction.

I know it's not ideal and that it was said to open in 2019 for both Disneyland and Walt Disney World. We just don't know the extent of the issue that Disneyland's version had. I'm guessing they caught it soon enough that they were able to apply the changes to Walt Disney World's version making it a little further ahead.

When does Episode 9 come out, could see it as an extra marketing thing (for either film or land :) )?

Glad to have actual dates for RotR .... but man, could make the holidays super crowded now

.... and if they are still slow at the holidays, that is a really bad sign I think - kind of out of excuses then

Yes, yes! Everyone go during the holidays, it's magical and this will only add to it! You'll have the time of your lives!!!!!!!!!

(meanwhile, Farro will be visiting in May ;) )

It definitely is interesting how far behind Disneyland's truly is. It is nice that they are sharing opening different aspects of the Land on both coasts though. WDW has to wait 3 months for the land while Disneyland has to wait 5 weeks for the RotR attraction.

I know it's not ideal and that it was said to open in 2019 for both Disneyland and Walt Disney World. We just don't know the extent of the issue that Disneyland's version had. I'm guessing they caught it soon enough that they were able to apply the changes to Walt Disney World's version making it a little further ahead.
Is there a chance that it's not that Disneyland's system is having more issues that WDW and just that there's one team of people in place to get the tech up and working and they had to pick one system to work on at a time. Maybe after the disappointing crowd levels they chose to focus on WDW first?

Is there a chance that it's not that Disneyland's system is having more issues that WDW and just that there's one team of people in place to get the tech up and working and they had to pick one system to work on at a time. Maybe after the disappointing crowd levels they chose to focus on WDW first?
I would say anything is possible. I wouldn't be surprised they are choosing Walt Disney World since I'm pretty sure it makes more money than Disneyland. I would be very sad if that was the reasoning though.

Looks like our Sept, Oct, January plan worked out well. Although we figured first week of Sept would just be a relaxing trip before SWGE we're excited to be there early on. Then our first week of January we can do RotR. October may be our relaxing(ish) trip. Fun times!!

I think that is part of it - getting the feeling it is "All hands on deck" to get WDW's up and fully running and hoping that crowds will come to WDW and just putting all their chips there

A quick search for Disney resorts at the end of Oct, Nov and Dec shows a huge problem for Disney. Those are typically some the strongest weeks for Disney and other than Ft Wilderness, just about everything is available.
Not releasing free dining or any discounts is really backfiring and everyday they wait is pushing people to make other holiday/vacation plans.

I still think they have a pricing problem with the resorts. It’s at least a problem for us, lol. As a family of 5 our options are limited. We are headed for a trip next week and would have switched to on site but even with wide open availability our Fl resident rate at even CBR is $190 per night. For us that’s crazy. So we are staying offsite. To be fair, offsite availability is also wide open. But they are offering great deals. I’m selfishly hoping that WDW continues to see less than ideal occupancy rates and adjusts. Even though that most likely means just more DVC....

News of Disney World getting Rise of the Resistance not only this year, but before Disneyland, is shocking to me.

Disney must be at least partially attributing the (relative) commercial flop of Galaxy’s Edge in DL to a delayed ROTR. Based on the wording on the parks blog, it’s all hands on deck at WDW. They are trying to ensure WDW’s Galaxy’s Edge meets their expectations financially.

I'm also going to Disneyland in September. This is definitely a bummer, but maybe on the bright side, these lower crowds will continue?

I think its safe to assume that the surge will hit harder at WDW in Dec due to having both rides. Obviously, Halloween time and AP blackouts ending will certainly increase crowds from what they are now but I don't forsee them being crazy at this point.

It's my first trip to Disneyland so in a way it will be nice if pans out that way

I am hoping for Good October Discount then, maybe enough to entice me to go again, As much as I want to Ride ROTR if the crowds are more manageable in October, so I can build me a lightsaber and droid without super long 6 hour wait, I will be all for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter