News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
the new moat looks fantastic by the way; it was done for sure by this past Friday 9/13; as did the refurbed Changing portraits in the haunted mansion

Last edited:

NEWS

Guess the Muppets are the only thing getting cut ... multiple high level executive layoffs are underway at Walt Disney World

Looks like not a major event - more several executives who had worked their way up and were making high salaries, but not retiring as early as expected and are blocking the way for younger people to move up

Well this is pretty perfect timing for me since we leave for my kids first trip on the 28th!!
So I'm clearly super busy at work, because I just called 😂

After you dial, an automated voice talks A WHILE and asks if you want a text from Shop Disney. I do not, and continued on. The bedtime messages are:

Press 1 for Mickey
Press 2 for Woody
Press 3 for Jasmine
Press 4 for Anna & Elsa
Press 5 for Yoda
Press 6 for Spiderman

I pressed 4 and Anna talked about a pumpkin patch (I was only half listening) and whatever else they did that day. I'm sure my kids will get a kick out of it.

NEWS

Guess the Muppets are the only thing getting cut ... multiple high level executive layoffs are underway at Walt Disney World

Looks like not a major event - more several executives who had worked their way up and were making high salaries, but not retiring as early as expected and are blocking the way for younger people to move up

why is it always the streetmosphere before the bureaucrats? hopefully this reverses that trend

I doubt it will but I appreciate your sentiment. It looks like Disney is looking for low hanging fruit to cut to help prop up a lower then expected annual profit in the Parks. Sacrificial lambs to the investors.
youre right about that; its the bailing the boat instead of plugging the leak adage i think but i want to be hopeful lol.

Buried in the Creperie news wasn't something I hadn't seen mention before (I'm sure I missed it). It mentions a dedicated bathroom building in the France build up. Certainly a welcome addition, though I think the corner near Canada turning to futureland needs a capacity increase.

Buried in the Creperie news wasn't something I hadn't seen mention before (I'm sure I missed it). It mentions a dedicated bathroom building in the France build up. Certainly a welcome addition, though I think the corner near Canada turning to futureland needs a capacity increase.

I don't know. I kind of like the charm of having to do international travel to use the bathroom ;) It reminds me of the lack of women's restrooms in the engineering buildings in college. Sometimes, there was only 1 for the whole multi-floor building:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter