News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
The linked blog post makes no reference to age.
I think this quote from the article is stating that:
We’re told that the majority of the executives that lost their jobs were considered to be financial bloat, perhaps not retiring as quickly as Disney would have liked.

Those of retirement age would be over age 50, I believe...

I think this quote from the article is stating that:
We’re told that the majority of the executives that lost their jobs were considered to be financial bloat, perhaps not retiring as quickly as Disney would have liked.

Those of retirement age would be over age 50, I believe...
Often "forced retirements" or early buyouts, or whatever they may be called, are offered to employees even before the company's stated retirement age. There's not much detail in that post, but there are certainly ways for companies to legally induce their more advanced (and higher-paid) employees to accept a retirement offer, or to simply lay them off for financial reasons. I'm sure Disney's lawyers know what they are doing.

Last edited:

At this point I'm pretty sure Disney will never understand they are cutting all the little magical moments that set them apart, and win guests over for life, and are going to be just another amusement park albeit with a bunch of the most recognized IP.
These magical moments though are usually put into place to spread out crowds. If the parks are getting less crowded (as reports say) .. maybe Disney sees there isn't as much need for these magical moments?

But I agree .. losing the magical moments of streetmosphere shows would stink. A lot of them are our most memorable moments. .. but in reality I doubt they will be missed by a lot of the guests.

Last trip we go to the park 30 minutes before opening and was let into Main Street. We were having a relaxed day and thus weren't trying to be anywhere at Rope Drop. We were waiting for the Fire Station to open up (for Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom). the amount of people that just rush to the hub and miss (or not even bother) with the street vehicles or watch the Main Street singers is vast. If those disappeared (which I hope they don't). I doubt the vast majority of guests would notice a difference.

We enjoyed having the Town Square area pretty much to ourselves (and watching the vehicles and talking to cast members) from 8:40 am to 9:00 am as people just rushed to the Hub.

Last edited:
At this point I'm pretty sure Disney will never understand they are cutting all the little magical moments that set them apart, and win guests over for life, and are going to be just another amusement park albeit with a bunch of the most recognized IP.

Meh, they also add "little magical moments" that set them apart and do all sorts of things right. I mean like Kevin and Devine in AK, etc. I think whoever is in charge of "entertainment" has the idea that some of it gets stale if it goes on and on. And they probably are right to a degree. I like that they change things up. Saw the garbage can drummers and liked it but don't know that I want to hear them every visit. Raglan Road does a great job rotating bands so you see something new each trip. Constantly something new. So it isn't just Disney.

Last edited:
I hear some age discrimination going on there, frankly.
In other words - age discrimination

potentially, but I think more (or at least they would position it as) people who have been with the company for a while and just due to that have salaries that are outsized to what they are currently contributing and there are other people they want to move up that are blocked

I am sure if you look at the ages it is likely the age of the people let go will be on the older size, but for it to be age descrimination they would have to prove they were let go because they were old, not performance related at all

I don't care what other people think. I think that's a really big list of things, assuming it pans out that way. I see some of the documentaries that I have wanted to watch again, like Waking Sleeping Beauty, but don't own. I also noticed the Clone Wars is listed twice: once with 2008 and once under TV. I hope this means they are going to have both the hand-drawn original and the CG. I have seen the CG series but not the first one. I do wish they would put the old People & Places, Walt Disney's Disneyland, Walt Disney Presents, and Wonderful World of Color/Disney shows. I guess they could still add them. Can't wait though!

I don't care what other people think. I think that's a really big list of things, assuming it pans out that way. I see some of the documentaries that I have wanted to watch again, like Waking Sleeping Beauty, but don't own. I also noticed the Clone Wars is listed twice: once with 2008 and once under TV. I hope this means they are going to have both the hand-drawn original and the CG. I have seen the CG series but not the first one. I do wish they would put the old People & Places, Walt Disney's Disneyland, Walt Disney Presents, and Wonderful World of Color/Disney shows. I guess they could still add them. Can't wait though!

1000000% agree about wanting things like Wonderful World of Color and those types of shows on here

As far as the Clone Wars - could this be just referencing to the past episodes that have already aired plus the new season that they are having?

I also noticed the Clone Wars is listed twice: once with 2008 and once under TV.
That’s the Clone Wars movie in 2008, then the show that followed it.

Haven’t seen anything about the Tartakovsky one from 2003-2005 being on there.

The list is impressive and I feel it will be enough to cancel Netflix. While my son (and us parents) may miss some of the non-Disney content we use Netflix for .. I think we will find enough on here to entertain us for the little time we spend "watching" TV anyway (especially now that summer is over). Plus .. there is always Amazon Prime.

That will be a savings of about $7/month(after taking into account the discounted Disney+ rate (signing up for 3 years). That adds up.

1000000% agree about wanting things like Wonderful World of Color and those types of shows on here

As far as the Clone Wars - could this be just referencing to the past episodes that have already aired plus the new season that they are having?

The new one won't air until next year, I think.

That’s the Clone Wars movie in 2008, then the show that followed it.

Haven’t seen anything about the Tartakovsky one from 2003-2005 being on there.

Forgot about the movie then episodes. That must be it. Do you know anywhere you can rent/get the Tartakovsky ones? I would love to see those. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter