News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
All good.... but buses can now communicate with MDE.
MB scanners were installed on the doors, about three years ago.

So guess what happens next? :).

Charging for bus use. Verifying that you are staying on property to use hotel buses. The bus says hi and bye to me by name. A custom playlist downloaded from my MDE account :rotfl2:

It could be much better though. I never got to see the original but wish I could have. I love figment but the ride needs improving.
Yes, the Train surround sound is really lacking.

And can we at least get an actual random scent scene with some pleasant smells? I’d even be OK if Disney was up-selling me on Turkey Legs, Dole Whip, Popcorn .. via scents

PORTILLO'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Rick Bayless, Beatrix, now Portillo's... go Chicago!)

Besides everything else you can get there, get the chocolate cake. It's so good my mom tripped, fell, literally chipped a bone in her shoulder, got up and went in to get that cake! Then went to urgent care! :rotfl:

You can just get a hot dog and fries too if you don't like Italian Beef.

(um, how could you not like Italian Beef? mmmm, gravy bread... ;) )
My daughter had their cake for her wedding

A little perspective on Portillo's:

It's a primarily suburban Chicago fixture. People that grew up with it adore it (sort of like In-N-Out's outsized reputation in the West, Cheesesteaks in Philly, Coney Islands in Detroit, etc). But if you didn't grow up with it, it's really just decent fast food.

If you didn't grow up with it in Chicago (it's still a bit of a mystery to a lot of folks in the city proper - give me Al's or Mr Beef any day over Portillo's) it's not going to bowl you over.
Couldn’t disagree more. There’s always battles over who has the best beef much the same as cheesesteak in philly. FYI there are two locations downtown Chicago. One is just down the street from Al’s

Was at MK this past Monday and Tuesday.
Two quick things...
1. Actual photopass humans were taking pics at Mickey meet and greet in Town Square! (on the flip side, when we met Vader the previous day it was with a photo box...no photographer...it really waters down the experience.)
2. Thought I’d share some pics of Tron as seen from Tomorrowland Speedway and the Barnstormer:6AD82AAE-A114-4E01-9C37-D8FFEF9CF2E0.jpegAC82AA88-10EB-4996-9C0B-69C3FD0FEE0F.jpeg647F3A57-39E7-4CF8-AEB1-64C2A37CBA99.jpeg

The downloading process could definitely e improved - be great if you could select just the ones you wanted and then download all of those at once
Not sure if someone has responded or not, but you can do that on the new website. If you do too many at once it messes up.

The human photopass photographer at Town Square are only temporary. The boxes were programmed for two Mice. They have to be reprogrammed for just Mickey. They have been having alot of technical difficulties with the boxes. All the photos have to be edited by a human before they are uploaded to MDE.

If we don't want the boxes we need more people to complain to Disney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter