News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looks fun and adventurous, and I think The Rock can pull off the genuine sarcasm of the skipper just looking to make a buck.

yeah, I think that works without it being too corny/forced ... and then looks to have a mix of like Indy Jones/S.E.A./Pirates of the Caribbean feel (with the curses, etc).

If they pull it off it could be a lot of fun

yeah, I think that works without it being too corny/forced ... and then looks to have a mix of like Indy Jones/S.E.A./Pirates of the Caribbean feel (with the curses, etc).

If they pull it off it could be a lot of fun

It's got a very strong African Queen vibe to it, which isn't surprising. It think this is a film that will succeed on how well Blunt and Johnson sell the characters. So far I'm pretty darn optimistic. I though Jumanji: Welcome to The Jungle was going to be a mess, but I really liked that film in no small part due to interplay of the cast.

His mom was so smart but she had music business experience to know that Royalties were more important. It's great that he's been able to continue his passion for acting and singing without suffering the financial impact of not making a good financial decision at the start of his career.

Every day I waffle on not getting this service they make it harder and harder.

For those that were at D23, they showed more footage their (though much of the same footage) and the tone was even better. I have to say while I love the Rock and Emily Blunt I wasn't really looking forward to the movie until we saw the trailer at D23. It really had a "Pirates 1" tone to it with playfulness and a supernatural bent. Also loved that they kept referring to not just African Queen and Indiana Jones, but also Romancing the Stone when talking about the movie. If they can hit THAT tone it'll be great.

Looks like the news got out prematurely. It's replacing the old Terminator 2:3D show. I suspect it'll be one of those shows that is actually much better than it sounds.

T2-3D has been closed a pretty long time (~1.5 years?) and I heard about the Bourne show rumor about 6 months ago. Looks like it's pretty certain. I like a good stunt show - of which the Sinbad show at Universal was NOT one - so hopefully they can pull off a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter