News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. It is a huge issue with this site. As far as I know, it only happens to me with this site as well. I've tried a few ad blockers and they tend to make this site crash completely. So I log in a lot less than I used to. Very irritating.
I’ve never had that issue with an ad blocker. I use one on my computer and my phone.

Yes. It is a huge issue with this site. As far as I know, it only happens to me with this site as well. I've tried a few ad blockers and they tend to make this site crash completely. So I log in a lot less than I used to. Very irritating.
It's also become a lot harder to log into here from my phone without "winning something". Others may have the same issue....

YES!! Me too.

I'm right there with you. I'm honestly starting to look at other boards for my news. It's irritating and other sites don't seem to have the problem so I know it can be fixed. I don't know why they aren't fixing it. I'm done trying my own fixes. Today seems to be a good day. But from now on if I come here and I "win", I don't try again until the next day.

I finally got annoyed enough that I installed "Free Adblocker Browser" from the Play store (I have an Android). So far that has done the trick. I haven't had issues with the site crashing due to the ad blocker app though.

It's also become a lot harder to log into here from my phone without "winning something". Others may have the same issue....

I've been using a different browser on my phone that has built in ad blocking (called Brave) and seems to work really well - just another option to consider

Fyi - update to Boarding Groups for Rise of the Resistence

I posted about this in the dedicated thread and thought people here might be interested

Disney has announced they will now have "Back up" boarding groups. These will be distributed after the regular boarding groups are full and will be all BGs above number 121. There is no guarantee this will be called and will only be if the ride is running efficiently, etc

Basically, allows them to give out more BGs but avoid having to compensate more people if there are technical issues and those BGs do not get called

Fyi - update to Boarding Groups for Rise of the Resistence

I posted about this in the dedicated thread and thought people here might be interested

Disney has announced they will now have "Back up" boarding groups. These will be distributed after the regular boarding groups are full and will be all BGs above number 121. There is no guarantee this will be called and will only be if the ride is running efficiently, etc

Basically, allows them to give out more BGs but avoid having to compensate more people if there are technical issues and those BGs do not get called

Pretty smart move on their part.

@rteetz I know this isn't the thread for it, but my last comment on the ad taking over here......

Is there an official statement from the Dis team about this? It seems its been going on for a while, and it seems others agree its only gotten worse.
The tech board has several threads. We have been told it’s a google ads issue and that the Dis has reported it to them but that’s all they can do. That was a while ago.

I've been using a different browser on my phone that has built in ad blocking (called Brave) and seems to work really well - just another option to consider

Ok, sorry Ryan, last post on the subject:

In my Pete voice:

"You want me to fix something that is your problem?!"

Fake Pete rant over........

It is getting pretty bad. It's about every 5-10 minutes on my PC now. It is driving my use of the site down. They need to be more controlling (if possible) of the ads on their site. My guess is that is coming from those.

This is the only site I've ever had issues like this with despite it being a "Google Ads" issue.

Interesting, I've been running an ad blocker with firefox for a long time. A month or so ago, a greater amount of ads started making it through the filter. The last few weeks though, those additional ads have disappeared.

I have never had a problem but then again I work in IT and run a lot of different things for security reasons than your average PC user and although I understand while ad traffic is being allowed on this site by the webmaster aka it pays for the site but the problem with alot of these Ad aggregates is that they do not do proper vetting of the paid for ads before allowing them to go live. It really isnt a DISboard issue its more of ad provider issue.

I have never had a problem but then again I work in IT and run a lot of different things for security reasons than your average PC user and although I understand while ad traffic is being allowed on this site by the webmaster aka it pays for the site but the problem with alot of these Ad aggregates is that they do not do proper vetting of the paid for ads before allowing them to go live. It really isnt a DISboard issue its more of ad provider issue.

I broke my rule again.........

It is a Disboard issue when no other sites seem to have the issue.........

I know in the past when this came up it was said it was part of their ad service but they would report which were creating popups and have them removed from what ones can be on the site .... Maybe they need to report some new things

I broke my rule again.........

It is a Disboard issue when no other sites seem to have the issue.........

To some extent it is a disboard issue in the fact they choose who hosts and who provides but beyond that not so much. Its not like the Disboard is writing the code themselves and running the server from the ground up. They rely on the ad revenue to pay for this stuff, other websites may chose other providers and have a higher traffic count which may allow them to chose different ad generating provider options. The end of the day this site more than likely needs this ad revenue to be cost neutral and to keep it free to us the users.

I pretty much only have the issue on my phone, but even then I feel like it's worse at some times than others. Like I'll have the issue for a couple of days, and then it'll work fine for 2 weeks....

And I scratched out the line above because literally as I was typing this response, for the first time I think ever, I got hit with it on my desktop.

I pretty much only have the issue on my phone, but even then I feel like it's worse at some times than others. Like I'll have the issue for a couple of days, and then it'll work fine for 2 weeks....

And I scratched out the line above because literally as I was typing this response, for the first time I think ever, I got hit with it on my desktop.

Oh no, its evolving, it can hear us now........

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter