News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

That doesn't do anything to reduce waste though, and very few people are going to do that. My point was about actually reducing waste. Even the recyclable paper cups are worse than reusing a plastic cup over and over. And the recycled material bags they've replaced plastic bags with are actually worse for the environment overall. https://qz.com/1585027/when-it-comes-to-climate-change-cotton-totes-might-be-worse-than-plastic/
I was talking more about the paper straws folks were saying didn't work well...

And as far as reducing waste, at least paper is recyclable...and paper straws don't pose a threat to animals as they deteriorate.

Not sure how the reusable plastic ones work elsewhere, but I know even if you have your own cup at our local Renaissance Festival here, they have to pour into a disposable and then give it to you to pour into your cup....

I know these are environmentally friendly. However, whenever I get a frozen drink at Disney, the paper straw can never last the entire drink. I hope they start giving out 2 paper straws per drink because that seems to be the only way to finish these colder drinks.
We're just taking reusable straws.
I can't print here what I'd like Disney to do with their flimsy, foul tasting, collapse after three draws, paper straws. :littleangel:

Wow, that is kind of early. But I do like some of the designs.

When I was in high school marching band we played the songs from Illuminations. We went to Disney that year and marched in DHS (though the music kind of fell to pieces when we saw the giant AT-AT, lots of SW nerds in that band).

I tried to get an Epcot cruise for the last Illuminations but they were all sold out.

Instead got a cruise for the first showing of the new show.

A lot from that lull after the new renaissance period - Meet the Robinsons, Bolt, Chicken Little, Treasure Planet, etc

Meet the Robinsons is such an underappreciated movie. We made "Keep Moving Forward" shirts to drink around the world. The back said "I'm just not sure how well this plan was thought through".

I totally agree about Meet the Robinsons. We loved that movie so much. We often quote the "I'm not sure how well this plan was thought through." line at home. :)

I especially think Meet the Robinsons should be showcased in Tomorrowland. It seems like an ideal pairing to me.

I know these are environmentally friendly. However, whenever I get a frozen drink at Disney, the paper straw can never last the entire drink. I hope they start giving out 2 paper straws per drink because that seems to be the only way to finish these colder drinks.

Or they should at least give you some Tylenol for the brain freeze headache you are going to get trying to drink it before the straw freezes solid or disintegrates.

Wow, that is kind of early. But I do like some of the designs.

When I was in high school marching band we played the songs from Illuminations. We went to Disney that year and marched in DHS (though the music kind of fell to pieces when we saw the giant AT-AT, lots of SW nerds in that band).

I tried to get an Epcot cruise for the last Illuminations but they were all sold out.

Instead got a cruise for the first showing of the new show.

I didn't know you were in band. What instrument? Prepping Alex for a band trip to Houston for the whole weekend. I think the cruise will be fun though. We finally did the Frozen Dessert Party on March. The party itself and food were ok, but the view of Illuminations from there is amazing. It's even better than the view from the FP area or the area near UK where the DIS Megameet dessert party was. That show was really meant to be seen immersively like that. It was a nice send off.

I wonder how they plan to have folks go back and forth between resort and park...if it's total immersion, maybe some kind of underground transport system? Seems too far away to just walk out and into the park....

Due to the high water table here in Florida, putting anything underground becomes stupidly expensive.

Unless something has changed, the transportation will be by bus. Here, you can see the area were guests will board the vehicles to transit to the theme park. If you click on the source link under the image, you can see more of the floor plans for the hotel.

starwarshotel-busboarding-blueprint.jpg

Images Courtesy California Coaster Kings as posted on WDW Info: https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...rther-details-about-upcoming-star-wars-hotel/

I agree with TheMaxRebo. There will certainly be plenty of camouflage/engineering/stagecraft to make the transport vehicle feel like it's not just a bus.

I think it will be ground based but then using screens to simulate the movement of "coming down from a spaceship to dock at Black Spire Outpost" ... I think similar to the Hogwarts Express at Universal

I can't imagine them not having some sort of virtual queue or something to restrict crowds in the land and make it more orderly ... even if it isn't something you book in advance I bet there will be a system that you can "check-in" for a time and then get to see the land without it being a nightmare

but guess we shall see ... I am sure how it plays out at Disneyland will impact what they do at WDW
I personally think a virtual queue sounds awful. It'll be filled by 6:30 am. Get filled with a ton of people that'd never wait 5 hours in a line, but have no problem putting their name on a list. Then all of those people will flood the rest of the park all day, nothing like a 2 hour line for Little Mermaid.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter