News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems crazy to me that they're not managing to open this sooner... you'd think they'd want days of steady operation before SWGE opening...

I think you're right -- it's rubbing some people the wrong way... some of the same people voice this over and over on boards. I suspect there are a great many who don't care one bit -- particularly if they are convention-goers or the like. Disney seems to know how to keep hotel rooms pretty booked, so I'm betting they know what they're doing here.

If people really look at the reviews and videos, there's nods to Disney all over this hotel. Hidden Mickey's on the hallways and even little Mickey heads on the barn door to the bathroom! :)

I think you're right -- it's rubbing some people the wrong way... some of the same people voice this over and over on boards. I suspect there are a great many who don't care one bit -- particularly if they are convention-goers or the like. Disney seems to know how to keep hotel rooms pretty booked, so I'm betting they know what they're doing here.
Yeah I doubt most people care though I was careful in saying some :)

PHOTOS

Notice you can see Galaxy's Edge and the Tower of Terror int he 3rd photo

and then some of the food - looks rather nice and can see it being a bit hit with conventioners and the like

I think I was originally wondering how the outside decor was going to impact things but in that picture you're pointing out it's not bad at all and would be a nice view (if nothing else for the trees and a hint of the parks) if you were sat there.

Looking at the international gateway construction I can surely see why it wouldn't be ready by 8-28. They must have diverted workers elsewhere as the work there seem to have really stalled out.
Part of the reason why it appears to have slowed is they have been installing new drainage and electrical conduits, and concrete foundations. The progress of this kind of work isn't as noticeable. Now that it's mostly done it will seem like the work is going faster. Not sure they can get it done in less than two months though.

News

Chewbacca and Kylo-Ren meet and greets in Disney’s Hollywood Studios have gone to Digital Photopass Photographers. No Cast Member taking pictures in these meet & greets.

BB-8 still has the Cast Member Photopass Photographer.
That seems a little backwards to me. If anything had to be done with a digital photographer, BB-8 is one I wouldn't mind as much, since he doesn't move or interact a whole lot compared to other characters. But who knows, BB-8 could be next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter