• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW!!!! That was fast!!! I do like the clean look crossing the bridge though.

I saw another photo on twitter that was looking towards Tomorrowland from the hub and it does make the buildings look unbalanced as on one side you have these curved metal pieces that aren't on the right side so just looks uneven and I guess the sign blocked that a bit

Idk why I let little things like this bother me but I’m worried about this. I love that sign and I love the lights and feel if Tomorrowland at night. I hope it doesn’t change too much. I already hate the neon rocket ship signs for Monsters and Stitch got taken away.

I’m with you here. I guess I’m getting older and feeling more nostalgic about the place but for some reason I’ll miss that sign.

It looks like it’s going to be a “rainy day” at Disneyland for 2 weeks!

That was my first thought too - the Rainy Day Cavalcade ... which stirs up a lot of emotions for me due to one trip to WDW where our one shot to see the Festival of Fantasy parade was cancelled and we got the cavalcade instead - led to the best CM experience I have ever had though, so not all bad

Small potatoes, but I'm bummed they took the Tomorrowland sign out right before I get there.

I'm also surprised that path widening isn't done by now. I really thought that would get done before now.

the dining plan has absolutely hurt the quality of restaurants on property. This being a 1 is a red flag. That said super excited to try and reservations are made for august

Ok, guess I can see that - though feel each restaurant has to be taken on it's own .... Definitely some 1-credit locations we enjoy and even out of pocket will likely have some more reasonably priced options

But can see that a place trying to do elevated food might have to cut some corners to stick within 1 credit framework... Though think more an issue with places in the parks vs at resorts. Knowing this is going after corporate clients I would think would have to be pretty good

Ok, guess I can see that - though feel each restaurant has to be taken on it's own .... Definitely some 1-credit locations we enjoy and even out of pocket will likely have some more reasonably priced options

But can see that a place trying to do elevated food might have to cut some corners to stick within 1 credit framework... Though think more an issue with places in the parks vs at resorts. Knowing this is going after corporate clients I would think would have to be pretty good
`
think this is probably true, and I totally agree, some of my favorite restaurants on property command “one dining credit” (I’ve never bothered with the dining plan, why pre-pay for food imo? But I’m a 29 year old guy without a family, not about to get suckered into that nonsense).

Sorry to be critical to those that enjoy it, it’s just so easy to do the math with the room only discounts and realize it’s a mediocre at best deal (I’d say bad deal but please dining plan evangelists, spare me).

And thanks a lot maxrebo for your always thoughtful responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter