News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you give me a cliff notes version. I've been avoiding a lot of the news on the attraction for fear of spoilers.
Trackless ride tracking? Overheating? Something else?

As mentioned, we have a forum for discussing Galaxy's Edge and RotR - but to be honest, not sure if we know much of the details - just know it is a very technologically complicated ride and there were going to be some issues when they opened it to large crowds ... same thing with Hagrid's when that opened

Honestly, the ride's been running better than I was expecting (or at least fearing)

I've been following along with the rise of the resistance opening, yet trying to avoid spoilers.

Has any consensus been reached as to what might be the reason for all the ride stoppages. Is it one particular problem? Or is it a multitude of other problems, with no particular one reason?
Certainly it's been at reduced capacity, when working.
Just wondering if any rumors have emerged as to what the early problems are.
Some of it is the trackless ride vehicles, some of it is the elevators. There is a lot at play here, lots of moving parts.

NEWS

Disney has changed EMG for DHS in January so what was scheduled for morning EMHs are now Evening EMHs

Suspicion is this will allow for better management of RotR boarding groups, etc. - which were an absolute mess this past Sunday when there were morning EMHs at DHS

https://www.disboards.com/threads/r...6-day-7-begins.3763339/page-160#post-61333342

Is this on the main themeparks/attractions board? If not I think it should be. This information pertains to everyone, not just people wanting to go on RoTR. A lot of people don't visit the GE sub-forum.

That's enough I guess.
As this is the rumor side of the house, I was looking for the rumors of what might be wrong with RotR.
Ultimately was trying to figure out if it was just one specific error or multiple. Rteetz answered enough, that it's two mechanisms.
I certainly didn't want spoilers and that's why I've been choosing what to look at in the star wars forum very carefully.

:rolleyes: Well, they merged it with the Dec/Jan park hours update thread - which I bet a lot of people don't read and only look at what's on main page.

I can't make the comment on that board but I really think sometimes "big news" should have their own thread for at least a few days, give people a chance to see it before merging it with monster threads where it gets lost.

Just a pet peeve of mine...

:rolleyes: Well, they merged it with the Dec/Jan park hours update thread - which I bet a lot of people don't read and only look at what's on main page.

I can't make the comment on that board but I really think sometimes "big news" should have their own thread for at least a few days, give people a chance to see it before merging it with monster threads where it gets lost.

Yea, threads get locked/merged/moved way too quickly and way too much in that part of the boards.

I've been following along with the rise of the resistance opening, yet trying to avoid spoilers.

Has any consensus been reached as to what might be the reason for all the ride stoppages. Is it one particular problem? Or is it a multitude of other problems, with no particular one reason?
Certainly it's been at reduced capacity, when working.
Just wondering if any rumors have emerged as to what the early problems are.
Good question! I would like to know as well.. Anyone know?

If you want news this is the place. Other boards move things around more because they are for planning aspects not news.

If you want news this is the place. Other boards move things around more because they are for planning aspects not news.

I think the news of emh time changes go hand in hand with planning. A big part of planning.

Just my personal opinion. I feel it would have been more useful to casual or new users of these boards to see that front and center. At least for a day or two before being merged. Not everyone navigates the boards like we do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter