News Round Up 2020

Just a quick look at both park apps for Disneyland and Disneyworld shows that California's rise of the resistance seems to be running more efficiently today.

Just watched Canada Far and Wide. I can't say it with enough emphasis, I miss Marty. This new cut is so boring and dry. There is no humor and much of it looks like it was just lifted from the old film. This is a disappointment all around. It feels cheap and like it was done only to push Martin Short out of it. Sad...

Just watched Canada Far and Wide. I can't say it with enough emphasis, I miss Marty. This new cut is so boring and dry. There is no humor and much of it looks like it was just lifted from the old film. This is a disappointment all around. It feels cheap and like it was done only to push Martin Short out of it. Sad...

Is there a reason why Martin should have been pushed out? We love old version. I’d have preferred them to keep most of the Martin stuff, maybe ditch the childhood hockey and change some of the clips...but the humor in the old one was perfect. Such a hilarious beginning.

In general I am for far weaker copyright laws (mostly with length of time), but I have no problem with Disney defending themselves from "knockoffs." It would be cool if they offered a "crafting" license though. My Alma Mater offers such licenses, with different prices points based on volume, but it allows some shops to sell special and unique items, while still paying for the use of the IP.

In general I am for far weaker copyright laws (mostly with length of time), but I have no problem with Disney defending themselves from "knockoffs." It would be cool if they offered a "crafting" license though. My Alma Mater offers such licenses, with different prices points based on volume, but it allows some shops to sell special and unique items, while still paying for the use of the IP.
This is sorta off topic but sorta on topic but there used to be a company called Joe College. The company was sued by my alma mater for trademark infringement (based on images, colors, phrases, etc). Legal fees and settlement forced the company out of business.

The issue was shirts they sold that could be directly assumed to be connected to our alma mater in which they did not have a license to do so. I know the original judge said 53 out of 206 designs they had directly violated the trademark infringement though I believe my alma mater felt it should have been more.

I won't post any examples because many of the shirts were well done with college humor in mind and thus aren't DIS friendly but you could tell that they were being deliberate at times and others they weren't.

Back to Disney and baby yoda I know there's been threads in the past about Disney going after mainly the Etsy places of the world and it appears normally it's really the big peeps they are after. Small time people tend to slip through the cracks or don't get noticed that much though I know posters have mentioned they have notified Disney and/or the appropriate powers that be when they see something on Etsy and the like by sellers who def. don't have Disney's authorization to sell such products.

I've actually been reading great reviews about this. Looking forward to seeing it in 2021.

I've actually been reading great reviews about this. Looking forward to seeing it in 2021.

I've seen mixed reviews about both the new Canada movie and the BatB sing along ...seems like if you had expectations of what it would be or just preferred the other one you don't like them but if it meets what you wanted then they did a good job with them

So guess, long if the short, your miles may vary

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter