News Round Up 2020

At least the letter from Disney says they will bring it back eventually (the Blog Mickey article says that it's not clear, but it seems pretty clear in what Disney says).
I’m really hoping so. The cultural representatives are what make World Showcase so special.

So I got into the queue for the Disneyland 65th merchandise about 10 minutes prior to the opening at 1pm EST and I was #31477 in line. It’s dropping about 100 people every 4 minutes. So in about 21 hours I’ll be able to hopefully purchase something. I guess the queue actually went live a week or so ago when the site went live and people could have sat in line since then. I thought it was going to start a queue at the 1pm EST time.
Yeah I’m like 10000 something in line.

I think the big difference I see is that the other parks opened when cases in FL were averaging 1,500 or less at the time. They opened and quietly stayed open.

FL is in the news daily due to it's climbing cases, in spite of Disney opening.

I think one of the many reasons Disney is in the spotlight right now is that compared to when the other parks opened, the numbers are currently exponentially higher and continuing to climb.

That is a great point. But why do I get the feeling that if roles were reversed, and WDW opened when there were 1,500 cases, then a month after it opened, there were 15,000 cases, there would be all kinds of blame heaped on Disney for causing some of the uptick. I have not seen any of that kind of blame pushed Universals (or other parks) way.

That is a great point. But why do I get the feeling that if roles were reversed, and WDW opened when there were 1,500 cases, then a month after it opened, there were 15,000 cases, there would be all kinds of blame heaped on Disney for causing some of the uptick. I have not seen any of that kind of blame pushed Universals (or other parks) way.
I think this is exactly what would happen.

From the reports I've read, I'd probably feel pretty safe on Disney property itself, but not getting there. Hopefully by April things will be much better.

Just walked in the door returning from Busch today after using my last bring a friend free ticket to read this. Lol. Great day though. Rode everything in the park without a wait and got out of there just as the lines started to build. Supposedly Sea World is issuing an extra one to pass members as a perk of being closed though. If not the wife will just have to buy an AP sooner than we planned.

edit* ooops I think I linked a forbidden site. Idk if this is confirmed but it said starting July 16 Disney will increase the AP bucket for all the parks except DHA.

I was surprised this wasn’t posted yet but I skimmed through today’s pages and didn’t see it. Good news for me. DHS was our most visited park even before GE opened but at least it looks like we’ll be able to get in SOMEWHERE.

edit* ooops I think I linked a forbidden site. Idk if this is confirmed but it said starting July 16 Disney will increase the AP bucket for all the parks except DHA.

I was surprised this wasn’t posted yet but I skimmed through today’s pages and didn’t see it. Good news for me. DHS was our most visited park even before GE opened but at least it looks like we’ll be able to get in SOMEWHERE.
It was just announced.

Hopefully it will work better than scanning the QR code with the Coke app to make your own mixes. That only works about half the time, if you're lucky...

Spent 9 hours and 40 minutes in the waiting room for the Disneyland 65th merch. Started as 31400 in line. By the time it was my turn all the limited edition items were gone and all the pins were gone. But I got a tshirt, Mickey plush, and ear hat.

I feel like the episode of Community where they had to sit in the psych office waiting room while the researchers were waiting for them to crack. I almost cracked, but I hung in there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter