News Round Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
rteetz said:
The new lumberjack show in Canada will open in early October.

I heard that yesterday and watched a few minutes of a you tube video of the group coming. I do not find it entertaining at all. I much prefer a live band over people chopping up wood.

I heard that yesterday and watched a few minutes of a you tube video of the group coming. I do not find it entertaining at all. I much prefer a live band over people chopping up wood.

Well then they could sing the Monty Python "Lumber Jack" song while they chop. Best of both worlds then!

"I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK
I sleep all night and I work all day.

(Chorus)
He's a lumberjack and he's OK
He sleeps all night and he works all day.

I cut down trees, I eat my lunch
I go to the lavatory.
On Wednesdays I go shopping and have buttered scones for tea

(Chorus)
He cut down trees, he eats his lunch
He goes to the lavatory.
On Wednesdays he goes shopping and has buttered scones for tea.

I cut down trees, I skip and jump
I like to press wild flowers.
I put on women's clothing and hang around in bars.

(Chorus)
He cuts down trees, he skips and jumps
He likes to press wild flowers.
He puts on women's clothing and hangs around in bars...?

I cut down trees, I wear high heels
Suspendies and a bra.
I wish I'd been a girlie, just like my dear pappa.

(Chorus)
He cuts down trees, he wears high heels?
Suspendies...and a bra?
...girlie... papa...?!
...He's a lumberjack and he's OK

(Together)
..He's/I'm a lumberjack and he's/I'm OK
He/I sleep all night and he/I work all day."

Twitter and Facebook announcements yesterday that Frozen is back in stock at Disney Stores. My nephew works for a DS and his store had a line of 80 people at 9 am this morning. Another DS we visited yesterday had a steady line of people well into the afternoon.

It looks like there is no let up of interest in Frozen merchandise. The $19.95 T-shirt I bought yesterday is selling on Ebay for $90!

Well then they could sing the Monty Python "Lumber Jack" song while they chop. Best of both worlds then!

"I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK
I sleep all night and I work all day.

(Chorus)

I cut down trees, I eat my lunch
I go to the lavatory.
On Wednesdays I go shopping and have buttered scones for tea

(Chorus)
He cut down trees, he eats his lunch
He goes to the lavatory.
On Wednesdays he goes shopping and has buttered scones for tea.

I cut down trees, I skip and jump
I like to press wild flowers.
I put on women's clothing and hang around in bars.

(Chorus)
He cuts down trees, he skips and jumps
He likes to press wild flowers.
He puts on women's clothing and hangs around in bars...?

I cut down trees, I wear high heels
Suspendies and a bra.
I wish I'd been a girlie, just like my dear pappa.

(Chorus)
He cuts down trees, he wears high heels?
Suspendies...and a bra?
...girlie... papa...?!
...He's a lumberjack and he's OK

(Together)
..He's/I'm a lumberjack and he's/I'm OK
He/I sleep all night and he/I work all day."

That's exactly what I thought, and was hoping this would be incorporated.

Micechat had a big update today about Disneyland October is the start of fiscal 2015 hence all of the closings you've seen in WDW.

Disneyland
1. Disneyland is getting the paint the night parade that Hong Kong received. The Disneyland version will have some differences tho including a frozen float.

2. A new Steve Davison show is coming for the 60th. Big pyrotechnic upgrades are needed so the old fantasy in the sky show will return starting January 9th.

3. The backstage alley/arcades behind main street will wrap up in late fall.

4. Peter Pan is getting a big refurb starting in February and finishing in May

5. CMs will get special diamond celebration name tags

DCA
1. New world of color

2. Luigis flying tires is going goodbye come January 11th to make way for a new ride called luigis festival of dance. The tires have been too hard for Disney to maintain so they had to shut it down. The new ride will incorporate a ride system similar to ratatouille.

3. GM is looking to sponsor an attraction in Disneyland could end up being RSR or autopia with some upgrades

4. Frozen is going into the animation academy

5. Soarin will close January 11th for HD upgrades. The new film will not come until 2016 when it debuts at Shanghai.

<snip>
2. Luigis flying tires is going goodbye come January 11th to make way for a new ride called luigis festival of dance. The tires have been too hard for Disney to maintain so they had to shut it down. The new ride will incorporate a ride system similar to ratatouille.
<snip>

All 8 of us (young and old) really liked this ride ... glad we got to try it out this summer on our first trip to DL.

Can see where the tires were maintenance nightmares though ... lots of signage warning to step over not on them as you got on/off the ride - could be a challenge for those with short legs / limited mobility as it was a fairly big step up and over.

I don't think we'll be making the cross continent trek again anytime soon, but for those out on the west coast, I hope the new ride will be even better and that the new shows will be awesome too!

Was sad to see the tires leaving CA. I have fond memories of last summer watching the Disneyland fireworks from a tire. They were fun and a different ride than that almost all could enjoy.

Disneyland was fun, but my kids want more thrill rides, so Universal Hollywood is one we'd go to again before the mouse. Kids really liked the Grand Californian hotel though.

Thanks for this news thread.

What a shame. I've always thought that Disneyland Paris (in its original shape) was the most charming Magic Kingdom Disney has made. Are they still struggling with their numbers?

Agree 100%

Euro is a beautifully built park

They mucked it up with the bad hotels, the forced "downtown", and the horrible add on park.

Agree 100%

Euro is a beautifully built park

They mucked it up with the bad hotels, the forced "downtown", and the horrible add on park.

Didn't have much of a choice they were forced to build that second park which led to a bad park. They spent over a billion dollars when they built the Disneyland Paris park and it was over budget by a lot. I believe it was within five years they had to build that second park and with being in such debt from the first park they didn't have a choice. At least they are starting to fix things I'd love to go there someday.

Isn't it the most visited tourist attraction in Europe these days? I want to make my way out there in the next few years. Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I enjoyed the YouTube video of the new lumberjack show. I hated the off kilter show, so I was glad to see it go.

Isn't it the most visited tourist attraction in Europe these days? I want to make my way out there in the next few years. Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards I enjoyed the YouTube video of the new lumberjack show. I hated the off kilter show, so I was glad to see it go.
Yes it is but they are the least visited parks in terms of disney.

Spirit says that the drones that WDI has been said to use will be used in Shanghai for an E ticket type show that has the working title "When you Wish"

He also says that new big things are coming to WDW but it is all stuff that has been rumored nothing new and extraordinary

And toontowns days in disneyland are getting number as the force is getting strong...

The new Frozen themed castle lighting show for the Magic Kingdom holidays will begin on November 5 2014, two days before the first Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party.

Called 'A Frozen Holiday Wish,' the show replaces the previous 'Cinderella's Holiday Wish,' and will run nightly during the holidays.

Queen Elsa from Frozen will use her powers to transform Cinderella Castle into a glistening ice palace for the holidays. 200,000 led lights covering Cinderella Castle are used for the show.

Via wdwmagic.com

Spirit says that the drones that WDI has been said to use will be used in Shanghai for an E ticket type show that has the working title "When you Wish"

He also says that new big things are coming to WDW but it is all stuff that has been rumored nothing new and extraordinary

And toontowns days in disneyland are getting number as the force is getting strong...

You seem to cancel yourself out there....you say big things and then say nothing new or extraordinary......what gives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter