No more towel characters

I was in the Contemporary in May '15; PO Riverside in August '15; and Yacht Club in November '15 and did not have animal towels in either one of the rooms. :(

We are going to leave towel animals for our Mousekeeper every day of our upcoming trip. We've done that on other trips (not Disney), so why not this one! On a cruise once, our cabin steward and my family took turns trying to outdo each other with the placement of a rubber chicken and towel animals each day. We can have just as much fun making them as finding them. :)

We stayed at the Yacht Club between December 16 - December 26, 2015 and we received a sail boat one day. Another day we received a swan and what I believe were penguins. I'll post a pic of the swan and penguins. My grandma not realizing how special these things are, saw the boat and promptly dismantled it to use the towel. She didn't think to take a photo first. But it was our first visit so I'll cut her some slack. LOL!

Attachments

• Towel Animals.JPG
    Towel Animals.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 46

If true, it's not about "clean room or towel animal." It's to stop the complaining that "we didn't get a towel animal." "we didn't get a towel animal every day." "we left a tip and we didn't get a towel animal." "the towel animal next door is cuter than ours."

So this means the magic is going and I get to stay off site for way cheaper at this rate Disney and you are doing it to yourself's. We are looking to book our first WDW trip after living in CA for years and going to DL yearly and this is making choices a little easier unfortunately. They have been cutting back the magic on both coast I have noticed, with research on here and the prices have been going no where but up :sad::furious:

I stayed at Pop Century last September-October and didn't get any towel animals the entire week we were there. Wasn't really expecting any, but I thought I would let you all know, Pop doesn't really do that anymore, I don't think.

Stayed at POR for 11 nights. Had a towel Mickey when we checked in. While we did not have towel animals on other days, housekeeping unfailingly did something cute with the rapidly growing collection of plush my daughter acquired.

Our room was clean and neat and I didn't have to clean the toilet. That seems magical to me. For those who want more, we found it was still there. :)

We were at POR the first week of October 2015. We didn't have any towel animals. I would have loved to have our housekeeper clean much better than she did. But we survived. On the other hand some of the Disney pictures on Disney site still show towel animals. So I don't think they are totally going away. I hope to get at least one in September. :dog2:

We have gotten a towel mickey when we stayed at the poly. I was hoping we'd get one at AKL but,didnt. It does make me a little sad that this extra pixie dust is going away.

We stayed at POFQ Nov '15 and didn't receive any towel animals, much to this 25 year old's disappointment *sighs*

This concept is exactly why they discontinued the practice. Three towels circled was a welcome surprise to my family ten years ago. Read through this thread and people expected eyeballs glued, ribbons and string to make something unique. A good intention took on a life of its own leaving guests with unmet and unreasonable expectations. How people define towel animals varied widely throughout this thread.

It's downright hilarious and depressing that they're claiming they have to choose between making a clean room or making a towel animal...I mean SERIOUSLY???

exactly.

I guess $200 - $900 a night is not sufficient to justify the marginal expense of towel animals.

Disney Management = Joke.

If true, it's not about "clean room or towel animal." It's to stop the complaining that "we didn't get a towel animal." "we didn't get a towel animal every day." "we left a tip and we didn't get a towel animal." "the towel animal next door is cuter than ours."

This is why we can't have nice things.

Well, that's a little less magic. But we'll live. Maybe we can make Mousekeeping some towel animals. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter