No One Loses Weight Like Gaston - November 2015 W.I.S.H Challenge

So October was a mess for me due to health issues. I started great, lost 2.5 pounds, then stress ate it all back on.

I'm going for 4 pounds for November.

My plans to get there will be all about cleaning up my diet. I will replace one junk snack each day with a serving of fruit or veggies. I'm also going to get back to protein with breakfast every day, because I swear that helps keep my day in order. I also try to have protein with each snack, it keeps my cravings in check. I will get back to my fitness pal as well to track my calories and make sure I'm staying under my goal.

For exercise I think I'm in good shape, but after Avengers weekend mid month I'll need to be sure I don't get lazy, which I've done after my previous two halves.

Thanks for hosting @courtneybeth!

Please sign me up for January! That way in December....I can think of a theme for the New Year. I would love to host!
That is wonderful! Thank you for volunteering!! You will be a great hostess!
Thank you for the vote of confidence. I'm excited about being a January Hostess! I may need some technological help...but I think I can figure out most things.

NOVEMBER GOALS:...as this is a busy weekend and I may not have a chance. My goal for November...is not to gain any weight. I know it's a simple goal but this is my Disney Trip month.....10 days! If I could achieve this goal....I will be very, very pleased with the outcome. Then look out December! And why is it, when I have one bad day...that I feel like I put all the weight I lost back on? It still amazes me!

Before I forget, I've decided that my goal for November will be to lose 5 pounds and for those same 5 pounds to still be gone at the end of the month. I'm great at losing weight...not so great at keeping it off.

Alright folks... with just a couple days before we start --- feel free to introduce yourselves so we can get ready for QOTD #1 on November 1 :)

I'll get this party started :woohoo:

:wave2: Hi everyone! :wave2: I'm Courtney and I'm proud to be your hostess for this month. I'm heading into what may be the second-to-last month of my weightloss journey... I'm trying to get to the magical number of 150 pounds! I started losing weight in January and have lost over 55 pounds to date. Just need to lose the last 10 pounds to reach my goal.

I finish my MBA program in December and will walk at the ceremony in May -- we're celebrating my graduation at Disneyland's Steakhouse 55! My ultimate goal is to look amazing in my cap and gown - and to wear a Kate Spade dress to my gradation and party. I can already squeeze into a size 8 in comparable brands, a drastic improvement from being a 16 when I started. But I'd like to be in a size 8 or smaller dress when I buy mine.

My husband and I are Premier Disney passholders, which means that a significant chunk of our monthly income goes to Mr. Mouse's bank account. We have four Disney World trips planned over the next year -- December 2015 (annual trip), May 2016 (star wars weekends and graduation celebration, September 2016 (33rd birthday) , and December 2016 (annual trip). We also go to Disneyland 1-2 times per weeks, so that helps boost our step count and exercise.

I look forward to getting to know all of you during the next month! This will be fun for sure :rotfl:

Ohhh introductions fun!

I'm Amber. :wave2: I'm just starting to focus more on my healthy weight loss journey. I have a horrific relationship with food. It's either too much or too little and never just right. So, healthy is the key here. I'm teaching myself to fuel my body for running and some much needed weight loss will be a great "side effect". This is a month to get into good habits which may be a challenge with a DW trip (though this includes the W&D half), my birthday, and thanksgiving which is a huge holiday for my family. I'm up for it though! If I'm ever lacking in training or getting lazy I can just let my two bunnies out of their room and chase them around the apartment! They're a lot faster than I am!!

As far as Disney goes I went for the first time as an adult in May and fell in instant and everlasting love. Like I said I'll be back at the start of the month and I'll be planning either a February or April trip in 2016 and I'll be going to DL in May for the Tinkerbell Half Marathon. I cannot wait for that trip!

And I'm not going to lie the theme here makes me want one of those cinnamon buns from Gaston's tavern :duck:

Hi, All!:flower3: I'm CruisingKate, back for another challenge.

I've always had mild to moderate weight issues. Several years ago, I made Lifetime at Weight Watchers but then have yo-yo'd since. My pattern has been to rejoin WW each May/June, lose a few pounds, then gradually stop attending meetings. Come November/December, I am off the rails with baking, eating, snacking,etc. But not this year!! I rejoined WW mid August and have been averaging about a pound a week weight loss. I've come to accept that with my slower metabolism and working the night shift, this slow weight loss is my new normal. I keep to 26 points and exercise several times/weekly and the pounds are coming off slow and steady. I am determined to stick to my points plan and continue to lose weight into the new year.

My goal this month is simple but revolutionary to me!! My goal is to attend weekly meetings/weigh-in every week and stick to my 26 points every day. I have never attended WW in November and December, always finding excuses until all my work from the summer months has come undone. While I will have a personal goal of 5 pounds, for this challenge, my goal is the weekly WW attendance/ following 26 daily points plan.

:thanks:for hosting this month's challenge, CourtneyBeth. And an advance "thank you" to all my fellow challengers for keeping me accountable on this journey!

Hi everyone!

I'm Lindsey, started the October challenge quite late and I'm excited to join in the November one from the beginning!

I've always been a little overweight, but it never bothered me too much. However, after a routine doctor's visit recently, I realized I needed to get my health on track. My family history isn't great, and I need to take action to make sure that I can have the life I want without the complications of all of the things that are a possibility given my genetics (diabetes, cancer, basically the whole gamut of potential problems). In addition, my husband keeps talking about eating healthier and wanting to lose weight, so I'm kind of hoping I can lead by example here and encourage both of us to start being more intentional about our health :D

For this month, I'm going to aim for being 3 lb down at the end of the month - so I'm aiming for 142.6 on the scale :) . Since Thanksgiving is at the end, I have a feeling that might be a reasonable goal - if we didn't have a holiday, I'd probably be aiming for 4. But I want to be able to enjoy my first Thanksgiving with my husband's family, eat delicious food, and make the most of the holiday. I'm going to try to not be excessive, but at the same time I don't want to deprive myself on a happy occasion :) I want to try my hardest to stay within my calorie guidelines and hit my step goal on weekdays as well, but I'll be using my weight as my main tracking statistic for this challenge.

Looking forward to meeting more people this month, and I hope everyone has a fabulous Halloween!

All right everyone -- we are just about ready to get this party started! Get ready to start thinking about your goals because that'll be tomorrow's Question of the Day!

Maurice is already pumped and started exercising. :yay:

SF0ZXZb.gif
5WQS3Mm.gif

I'm back and I'm in! After two fabulous vaca I have fallen so far off the wagon I'm just sitting on the ground covered in its dust

My goal is to clean up my eating this week and step on the scale Friday

Please sign me up for January! That way in December....I can think of a theme for the New Year. I would love to host!

SO EXCITED to hear that you are hosting!!! Your positive energy will definitely get the first challenge of 2016 off to a FABULOUS start!!

NOVEMBER GOALS:...as this is a busy weekend and I may not have a chance. My goal for November...is not to gain any weight. I know it's a simple goal but this is my Disney Trip month.....10 days! If I could achieve this goal....I will be very, very pleased with the outcome. Then look out December! And why is it, when I have one bad day...that I feel like I put all the weight I lost back on? It still amazes me!

WONDERFUL GOAL!! And I know exactly how you feel!! There are days when I am CONVINCED that people look at me and see all 80+/- pounds back on me.... even during weeks when I haven't gained! It is SUCH a mental game! Even though I've been at goal for nearly 7 years now, I still pick out clothes that are way too big when I go shopping... I still try to "hide my fat" in jackets and cardigans..... I still don't own a BELT! Just be assured that you are NOT alone and you MUST continue to fight that mental picture!! Believe me, that cruise picture did NOT show a fat lady to me at all!!!!

BTW, I was in VT yesterday! Wish I had realized it ahead of time and thought to contact you. How far are you from White River Junction?

Ohhh introductions fun!

I'm Amber. :wave2: I'm just starting to focus more on my healthy weight loss journey. I have a horrific relationship with food. It's either too much or too little and never just right. So, healthy is the key here. I'm teaching myself to fuel my body for running and some much needed weight loss will be a great "side effect". This is a month to get into good habits which may be a challenge with a DW trip (though this includes the W&D half), my birthday, and thanksgiving which is a huge holiday for my family. I'm up for it though! If I'm ever lacking in training or getting lazy I can just let my two bunnies out of their room and chase them around the apartment! They're a lot faster than I am!!

As far as Disney goes I went for the first time as an adult in May and fell in instant and everlasting love. Like I said I'll be back at the start of the month and I'll be planning either a February or April trip in 2016 and I'll be going to DL in May for the Tinkerbell Half Marathon. I cannot wait for that trip!

And I'm not going to lie the theme here makes me want one of those cinnamon buns from Gaston's tavern :duck:

WELCOME!! Glad to hear your story! Yes, learning to FUEL our bodies to run efficiently is really important.... and really HARD sometimes!

Thanks for hosting @courtneybeth. I'm in again. I'm shooting for 8 lbs this month...but I do love turkey and pumpkin pie

Wowza.... 8 pounds! Don't forget.... the turkey and pie are really only around for ONE DAY (well.... maybe one long weekend, depending on your situation). You have the other 29 +/- days of the month to make progress!!

Hi, All!:flower3: I'm CruisingKate, back for another challenge.

I've always had mild to moderate weight issues. Several years ago, I made Lifetime at Weight Watchers but then have yo-yo'd since. My pattern has been to rejoin WW each May/June, lose a few pounds, then gradually stop attending meetings. Come November/December, I am off the rails with baking, eating, snacking,etc. But not this year!! I rejoined WW mid August and have been averaging about a pound a week weight loss. I've come to accept that with my slower metabolism and working the night shift, this slow weight loss is my new normal. I keep to 26 points and exercise several times/weekly and the pounds are coming off slow and steady. I am determined to stick to my points plan and continue to lose weight into the new year.

My goal this month is simple but revolutionary to me!! My goal is to attend weekly meetings/weigh-in every week and stick to my 26 points every day. I have never attended WW in November and December, always finding excuses until all my work from the summer months has come undone. While I will have a personal goal of 5 pounds, for this challenge, my goal is the weekly WW attendance/ following 26 daily points plan.

:thanks:for hosting this month's challenge, CourtneyBeth. And an advance "thank you" to all my fellow challengers for keeping me accountable on this journey!

Be sure to let your meeting leader know that you have a weekly attendance goal..... she will try to help you stay accountable! Remember, if someone is looking specifically for your smiling face every week, it is harder to find excuses to stay away!! I'll be happy to chat with you about the weekly meeting topic too!:hyper2:

Hi everyone!

I'm Lindsey, started the October challenge quite late and I'm excited to join in the November one from the beginning!

I've always been a little overweight, but it never bothered me too much. However, after a routine doctor's visit recently, I realized I needed to get my health on track. My family history isn't great, and I need to take action to make sure that I can have the life I want without the complications of all of the things that are a possibility given my genetics (diabetes, cancer, basically the whole gamut of potential problems). In addition, my husband keeps talking about eating healthier and wanting to lose weight, so I'm kind of hoping I can lead by example here and encourage both of us to start being more intentional about our health :D

For this month, I'm going to aim for being 3 lb down at the end of the month - so I'm aiming for 142.6 on the scale :) . Since Thanksgiving is at the end, I have a feeling that might be a reasonable goal - if we didn't have a holiday, I'd probably be aiming for 4. But I want to be able to enjoy my first Thanksgiving with my husband's family, eat delicious food, and make the most of the holiday. I'm going to try to not be excessive, but at the same time I don't want to deprive myself on a happy occasion :) I want to try my hardest to stay within my calorie guidelines and hit my step goal on weekdays as well, but I'll be using my weight as my main tracking statistic for this challenge.

Looking forward to meeting more people this month, and I hope everyone has a fabulous Halloween!

Welcome back! :wave2: Remember, like I said above.... turkey, pie, and sweet potato casserole are only ONE DAY in November.... you have the other 29 to make AMAZING progress!!

Leading by example..... LOOOVVEE that you said that! It is TRULY the only way to help others that we love make the right choices!

I'm back and I'm in! After two fabulous vaca I have fallen so far off the wagon I'm just sitting on the ground covered in its dust

My goal is to clean up my eating this week and step on the scale Friday

And you have been MISSED! Like Buffy would say, we are circling the wagon back around to pick you up... SO BE READY!! Here we come!!!! Are you dusted off and in your seat??? GREAT!! Glad you are back with us!! :hug:

Morning all! How did yesterday go? Did anyone give in to the allure of leftover candy and goodies? I chose two small pieces of candy after trick or treat was over and enjoyed them and that is IT! The rest of the leftovers will go into hiding. If DS isn't interested in it (which will probably be the case), I will have him bring it to school to share with friends..... I used to bring it to MY school and put it in the teacher room, but I don't know a SINGLE TEACHER who isn't interested in losing weight and/or eating healthier.... so why would I do that to my friends????

I bought 90 fun size pieces of candy.... and we had exactly 13 trick-or-treaters! Our neighborhood used to be a "go to" place, but not for the last few years. I am seriously considering not even buying candy next year...... but I hate to be that "party pooper"!

DS is FINALLY having his senior pictures done here today..... so fingers crossed that the rain ends soon!

I splurged and spent some money on myself yesterday at the thrift store..... $65.58 to be exact..... but I got several new tops, a few new sweaters, two new jackets (indoor type, not outdoor), two pairs of pants, a denim skirt (which I really didn't need but who can resist.... I LOVE denim!)..... plus I spent another $15 on two new polo shirts and a Ralph Lauren button-down shirt for DS for today's pictures. (Understand, when I say "new".... I mean "new to me".) I haven't splurged like that in several months and it was SO MUCH FUN.... but of course now I am stressed about having spent the money! Guess I'll work a few extra hours this week to make up for it!

We have a day off from school this week for Teacher workshop (so no pay that day :crazy2: ) and another day off next week for Veteran's Day. Since DS and I haven't done a Mother/Son weekend since 2013, I am trying to convince him to at least do a Mother/Son DAY with me next week!! Any suggestions on fun things to do with a 17 year old who would rather be playing video games?? I do have some money allotted for this, so I could splurge a bit.... maybe leave the night before and stay over somewhere? I know what he likes to do (indoor skydiving, indoor surfing, arcades) but I'd like to do something WITH HIM. We have done Segway tours a few times in the past, so I am checking Groupon and Half Off today for things like that. The weather in November will definitely be iffy. Open to ANY and ALL suggestions!

Coffee is being consumed..... so time for BREAKFAST! Eggs today, since I have time to cook them! Maybe a change-it-up breakfast bowl? Sound intriguing? Check out the recipe here.....

WISH Away the Pounds--Healthy Recipe Thread (new title)

TTYL!..........................P

Last edited:
Question of the Day - November 1

tumblr_n5h858xP5x1s2wio8o1_500.gif
Welcome to the first day of your new journey. It's the beginning of the month - which means that it's time to reflect within yourself to determine what your goal for the month is. There will be 4 weekend weigh-ins this month, so make sure you account for that when you make your goal. And for those of you who live in the USA, we have that holiday where you eat lots of food towards the end of the month.

What is your goal? How will you get there? Are there challenges to meeting this goal? If so, how will you over-come them?

Last edited:

gaston-challenged-to-pushups-wins-hard.gif

Welcome to the first day of your new journey. It's the beginning of the month - which means that it's time to reflect within yourself to determine what your goal for the month is. There will be 4 weekend weigh-ins this month, so make sure you account for that when you make your goal. And for those of you who live in the USA, we have that holiday where you eat lots of food towards the end of the month.

What is your goal? How will you get there? Are there challenges to meeting this goal? If so, how will you over-come them?

My goal for November..... stepping AWAY from the scale this month and taking time to concentrate on the primary area where I am lacking the most.... EXERCISE! And of course, hoping that if I concentrate on MOVING MORE, the weight loss will follow!

I have always been a fan of Leslie Sansone's Walk Away The Pounds program.... it helped me get started with exercise back when I was at my highest weight and was totally intimidated about going to the gym and being seen exercising! And on her FB page she is conducting a "21 day challenge" starting today and I am IN! I was totally going to keep this on the DL, since I expect to fail miserably.... but I'm throwing it out there to keep me ACCOUNTABLE!! That is my OFFICIAL GOAL.... to do 20 of the 21 days (giving myself one day in case of emergency/illness/etc). So if I hit 10 days, I will hit 50% of my goal. Get it?

HOW>>>????? Hmmmm.... well, on my busy days (like when I work two jobs) I will HAVE to plan to rise early and walk before work.... or plan to hit the TM in the evening when I get home. Sometimes I can squeeze in a 30 minute walk while on a break at school, but not always. My challenge.... MYSELF! I hate exercise and walking ALONE is the pits! I'm going to have DS teach me how to load music on my iPhone (yup, stupid non-tech-oriented old lady here!).

Off to do laundry!...........................P

gaston-challenged-to-pushups-wins-hard.gif

I am starting the month at 159.5 - putting me at just 9.5 pounds away from my goal. It's so close that I can see the light at the end of the tunnel - but I also know that now is not a time to get cocky.

Therefore, my goal this month is to lose 6 pounds.

How will I get there / challenges: staying within my weight-watchers points per week and not stress eating as I head into finals. My last MBA finals are December 14 and 15, which means it's crunch time for projects during this month (nooo!). I will also not be partaking in Thanksgiving this year because I don't want to deal with family stress and overeating as a result of that stress.

I'm also running the Avengers 5K on November 13th - so that will also help. I'll be doing lots of longer walks/runs trying to get ready for the race.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter