(No politics!!) how impacted will Guardians in Epcot be now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuppyJonathan

DIS Veteran
in light of today’s news. I know this’ll be a hotbed for debates and then when someone gets hurt they’ll cry here like every Roseanne thread or hall of presidents thread we’ve had in the past but I don’t want this so I’m just asking this and I want it to be short: how much will the coaster be affected?

I don’t think it will be impacted at all

It’s the characters and stuff they want to use ... maybe if Gunn would have filmed any clips for it or something they will have to change directors but really don’t see it impacting the ride

Honestly I don’t think this does much to the franchise as I think, especially after Infinity award, the characters are now bigger than Gunn

I don't think we'll see too much of a difference with the actual ride itself. I'm sure the plans have been set for a while now. The only difference will be any on ride or pre-ride video's with the characters. I believe those were going to be shot during the filming of Guardians Vol 3. Gunn would have been hands on directing those, like he did with Guardians Mission Breakout in CA.

As for the Vol 3, I think Taika Waititi would be a good fit.

I don't think we'll see too much of a difference with the actual ride itself. I'm sure the plans have been set for a while now. The only difference will be any on ride or pre-ride video's with the characters. I believe those were going to be shot during the filming of Guardians Vol 3. Gunn would have been hands on directing those, like he did with Guardians Mission Breakout in CA.

As for the Vol 3, I think Taika Waititi would be a good fit.
Oh absolutely Taika! Shame the situation though

I mean, tweets about raping kids are going to understandably offend someone. And it’s not like he was some idiot edgy teenager when he tweeted those things...he was in his 40s. Pretty gross.

Disney made the right decision in getting rid of him.
I guess one could ask why didn’t these surface sooner?

I find the whole discovering old tweets thing to be very weird. Obviously like you said though he was very much an adult when he tweeted this stuff and not a kid.

I mean, tweets about raping kids are going to understandably offend someone. And it’s not like he was some idiot edgy teenager when he tweeted those things...he was in his 40s. Pretty gross.

Disney made the right decision in getting rid of him.
Oh. I totally agree! I just wasn't going to get into the "Politics" of it like the OP asked. I just kept my answer simple.

I find the whole discovering old tweets thing to be very weird. Obviously like you said though he was very much an adult when he tweeted this stuff and not a kid.

Oh absolutely...the fact that it looks like people were holding on to the knowledge of the tweets to bring to light at the perfect moment definitely has to be questioned, as well as the question of how the heck Disney didn’t find out about these before, AND why didn’t that perv delete the tweets within the past 10 years?

These have surfaced multiple times and like Lasseter, it was just brushed off until it became part of a larger issue.

I don’t see anything wrong with discussing what lead to him being fired...I don’t see that as “politics” since some people may not know the reason for him being fired.
I had no idea his tweet was about kids. I really don't understand some people. He lives a successful life and has to spew garbage to the world. I read that there was a lot more than just the rape tweets but I haven't seen them. This is the only tweet I seen: Gunn wrote: “The best thing about being raped is when you’re done being raped and it’s like ‘whew this feels great, not being raped!’”

I had no idea his tweet was about kids. I really don't understand some people. He lives a successful life and has to spew garbage to the world. I read that there was a lot more than just the rape tweets but I haven't seen them. This is the only tweet I seen: Gunn wrote: “The best thing about being raped is when you’re done being raped and it’s like ‘whew this feels great, not being raped!’”

Oh there was more...jokes about beastiality, NAMBLA, assaulting sleeping women.

This guy had more red flags than Soviet Russia and it is insane to me that Disney didn’t discover them sooner and that this guy never felt the need to delete them.

I don’t think this compares to Lasseter. Tweets and sexual misconduct are two different things. We also don’t know all the details of the Lasseter situation. These are two different things.
Perhaps a poor comparison, but I really just meant to say that Disney was already aware of all of this according to prior reports. They just chose to act now due to similar pressure.

Oh there was more...jokes about beastiality, NAMBLA, assaulting sleeping women.

This guy had more red flags than Soviet Russia and it is insane to me that Disney didn’t discover them sooner and that this guy never felt the need to delete them.
I had no idea. I try to stay away of really bad stuff on the internet since I let my girls use my laptop.

I had no idea. I try to stay away of really bad stuff on the internet since I let my girls use my laptop.

Oh of course, I don’t think you were brushing it off as being okay or anything :)

I try to stay away from that stuff too but this has infiltrated another website that I frequent so that is how I am aware of it. I have never even seen these movies because I am not the biggest Chris Pratt or Zoe Saldana fan lol

I think it will have little to no impact on the ride. Most people probably have never even heard of James Gunn until this news story broke. Batista, Chris Pratt, Vin Diesel, the trash panda, Kurt Russel and Zoe Saldana are all more well known than him.

If he had something to do with the story section, it may be rewritten enough so he doesn’t get credit, but that’s probably about it.

Ok from what I’ve read and this is what I tried avoiding: he did apologize around the time he was hired for the original guardians in 2012. He never deleted the tweets however and got into a Twitter fight with a “conspiracy theorist” who got upset and resurfaced them. All I’m going to say is I have enough information to make an informed decision but this is not the place to mention my decision
http://comicbook.com/marvel/amp/201...red-offensive-comments-previously-apologized/

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter