No threads on the airline decision??? Color me shocked?! (or unaware)

From CNBC: TSA will not enforce Covid mask mandate on planes, public transit after court ruling, White House says

The growing list of mask optional airlines and others...
American Airlines
United Airlines
Delta Air Lines:
Southwest Airlines
Alaska Airlines
JetBlue
Spirit Airlines
Frontier Airlines

Uber
Lyft
Amtrak

Disney World :)

Last edited:
I was not so secretly hoping this would somehow get me a discount on airfare. You know, gotta make this about me!

Agree with all sides above. Biggest issue was people wearing cloth masks. They do nothing. If you don't have an N95 on your face, you are not helping the people around you. The mask is to help the surrounding community, not the individual wearing.

Unfortunately, this latest strain is definitely the most transmissible. Family members who do not go out to crowds (think grocery stores, shopping, restaurants, travel), always masked with others than immediate family, fully vaxxed and boosted, youngish, all got covid a few weeks ago. They are fine, but it was very surprising. Just trying to figure out how they contracted unless it was from curbside pickup.

Doesn't make any difference to me, I'll be masking up on the plane next week anyway. One thing wearing a mask around large groups of people indoors for the last two years or so has taught me is that by wearing a mask, I don't get any of the non Covid crud that's always making the rounds like flu, colds, etc.
Flu ect… was covid...it didn't just disappear everything was covid which is why there were so many diverse symptoms.

Not meant to be a covid discussion per se, more a what will happen next in airline industry/consumers, etc.

If you go by social media (the vanguard of all truth), people seem to be very happy as well as the crew making announcements. I'm sure there have to be some counterpoints to those posts.

Be ready for cancelled flights in about two weeks. That's what happened to foreign airlines when they dropped the mask mandates--huge spike in cases for crew and pilots that led to cancelled flights :/
The head of the flight attendant's union was interviewed already on TV this morning about the court ruling. Among ALL the topics discussed/argued etc., was a concern about the increased potenital exposure to flight attendants while working on a plane.

The head of the flight attendant's union was interviewed already on TV this morning about the court ruling. Among ALL the topics discussed/argued etc., was a concern about the increased potenital exposure to flight attendants while working on a plane.

I would be interested (seriously not joking) to know if this was an administrative "feeling" or did they actually poll their members. I know many unions make these statements/decisions based on higher ups. IE teachers' unions

Also curious to know if those flight attendants who don't feel comfortable working with passengers unmasked (if attendant is masked) will have offers to retire/go to other sectors.

In the opposite direction, people who did not want to vaccinate lost jobs or had to relocate.

At the same time, I wonder what crew and attendants did during flu season or other pandemics that we had 10-15 years ago.

Also curious to know if those flight attendants who don't feel comfortable working with passengers unmasked (if attendant is masked) will have offers to retire/go to other sectors.

In the opposite direction, people who did not want to vaccinate lost jobs or had to relocate.

At the same time, I wonder what crew and attendants did during flu season or other pandemics that we had 10-15 years ago.

… what pandemic did we have 10-15 years ago?

Swine Flu 2009 - From April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010, CDC estimated there were 60.8 million cases (range: 43.3-89.3 million), 274,304 hospitalizations (range: 195,086-402,719), and 12,469 deaths (range: 8868-18,306) in the United States due to the (H1N1)pdm09 virus.

"A study done in September 2010 showed that the risk of serious illness resulting from the 2009 H1N1 flu was no higher than that of the yearly seasonal flu"

Not even close to the same.

"A study done in September 2010 showed that the risk of serious illness resulting from the 2009 H1N1 flu was no higher than that of the yearly seasonal flu"

Not even close to the same.

Of course not. I didn't assert that. Yet, it was still thousands of cases in 1 year. I will say that for many many people the current strains of covid are similar to common cold, like other coronaviruses.

Honestly, I think many airline staff have had just about enough of the crazy stuff that mask wearing has put upon them. I'd like to think that they're relieved not having to fight the non-compliant goofballs every flight. The morning news showed the TSA lines, they said about half the people were wearing masks. Go about your life, do you, be comfortable.

I would be interested (seriously not joking) to know if this was an administrative "feeling" or did they actually poll their members. I know many unions make these statements/decisions based on higher ups. IE teachers' unions
That's what I think. I bet 75% of flight attendants are anti-mask for the simple fact they have to be the mask police on the plane.

If they're ending mask mandates on planes then I'm hoping they'll soon drop the test requirement for fully vaxed to board a plan that's U.S. bound.

I can verify that it doesn't actually stop someone from bringing covid into the country. A family member recently tested negative on Friday, flew home Saturday, started showing symptoms on Saturday night and tested positive on Sunday. They were fully vaxed and double boosted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter