• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

NOBODY IS MORE SURPRISED THAN US! GKTW alumni return! 10/21 MOVING DAY!!

I hope everyone has a great weekend! Nice and cool here in the "sunny south"..........perfect fall weather if you ask me!

Cleaning out the fridge today - anyone want to help :rotfl2: I lead such an exciting life when that is the highlight of my day!

Praying your feeling much better and the MD visit went well. I am still hoping the right thing is done where the wreck is concerned. Please let us know how everyone is when you have time.

Hope you and your family are having an enjoyable weekend together. Prayers for you and everyone that needs them.

INJUSTICE: David and I were on our way to the Neuro-opthalmologist this AM (you all know how we love that one:NOT). Exited Interstate and there was 2 left turn lanes on the ramp. I'm in the right lane approaching light to go left, 2 cars in front of me. Car in left lane has 6-8 cars in front of him, he decides he doesn't want to wait, pulls into my lane and hits me damaging my bumper and who knows what else. He pulls back in the left lane, attempting to leave, even though I have stopped my van and exited the car. He finally gets out because I am yelling for him not to leave, he hit me. He says no, I ALMOST hit you, but really didn't. Then why is my bumper broken, with white paint on it? State trooper FINALLY shows up, can't be certain where the collision occurred on the other man's car "He has lots of dings and damage." Tells me the insurance companies will have to sort it out, he didn't give him a ticket or violation of any sort and actually let him leave before me...seriously. I have already notified my insurance carrier, I am just so sick to my stomach. We have a high deductible and I have NO idea how much this is going to cost, my car was making weird noises after the MD appt. I feel sick I had to cancel my other appt, I just can't do it today. I value honesty, I am always a straight shooter and own up to my mistakes...I am tired of people in this world who try to get over. I feel so ill and upset, partly due in part to the man's lies. AFTER he denied hitting me, he called his boss (their vehicle) and told me the boss said they would pay for it and didn't want to wait on the State Highway Patrol. I insisted I was not leaving the scene, that never goes well. Neither did this. David put it all in perspective as he hugged me. "At least we weren't going 60 mies an hour when he hit us." I agree. Praise God.

Thank you for understanding about my crazy life, that seems to always get just a little bit nuttier. UNBELIEVABLE is the word...Thank you for your kind words about the girls performances (and Pete, I think they are amazing). A little extra prayer for me today would be nice. Thank you. Forgive me, I really can't think right now.

Oh Judy I'm so sorry to hear this!!! :confused3:rolleyes2:confused:

I can't believe that people can get away with things like this even when the police show up!!!

I hope that at the very least the man's employer will pay for all the damages!!!

Saying some extra prayers for you and your family today!!!

Hugs, :hug:

Madeline

Judy, what it is with all the bad luck lately? I am glad the accident wasn't terribly serious but it really is pathetic the way so many in our society behave these days. Can not people be accountable for their own actions?! Aside form the accident, I hope you are feeling better. My dh has some sort of weird virus that has lasted at least three weeks now. It be related to the spider bite (did I tell you about his horrid spider bite?) but whatever it is he can't shake it. I am thinking it is just a nasty virus and am wondering if you are experiencing the same.

For those who asked about my shoulder, I was released after three sessions of PT (as a reminder we are military so 3 sessions over 6 weeks was my dose of PT). My movement is much better b/c I mainly exercised it on my own but there are certain movements I am told I will never regain without surgery. The pain is getting a wee bit bothersome lately, but I think that may be weather changes. I also took a nasty spill down the stairs that go into our garage -- yep, nice hard wooden stairs. I am bruised and swollen beyond belief. I don't have a goose egg, I have an ostrich egg over my sacrum. But at least I fell on my back and elbows so only jarred my shoulder a bit.

Prayers and hugs to all in need. We all need a dose of good things coming our way.

Sorry for being MIA. I will try to post more tomorrow. THANK YOU for all of your wonderful messages and prayers. I TRULY appreciate all of you who still check in even when I don't respond or visit your TRs, it is busy with only one vehicle for Pete and I. I know you understand if you care for me. The only other thing I will say tonight is a simple, heartfelt Thank you!! :flower3:

Andrea, I do want to say I am SO SORRY!!! :grouphug: I could sit here all night to answer you all, just know I am praying!!!

I also took a nasty spill down the stairs that go into our garage -- yep, nice hard wooden stairs. I am bruised and swollen beyond belief. I don't have a goose egg, I have an ostrich egg over my sacrum. But at least I fell on my back and elbows so only jarred my shoulder a bit.

Prayers and hugs to all in need. We all need a dose of good things coming our way.

Oh no! Sorry about that! I hope you heal quickly. :goodvibes

Judy: You are in our thoughts and prayers today as always! :flower3:

Oh No Andrea!! I hope you and DH feel better!!

Ok I'm asking for some good thoughts/prayers. I failed my first glucose test last week and now tomorrow I'm having to go in for the 3 hour glucose test. I'm so afraid I'm going to fail it since I'm already borderline diabetic. I'm so afraid of needles and so not looking forward to what comes with being diabetic if I do fail. My family has a history of late in life diabetes so I do have a higher risk of getting it.

Continued prayers for Judy, her family and everyone else who needs them.

Judy, glad you checked in! I continue to think of you all and keep you in prayer.

We are on the road to Disney! We're all very excited and Kaity has on her Happy Happy Happy Duck Dynasty shirt and I have a bearded Mickey head shirt on that says Happy Happy Happiest Place on Earth.

I probably won't be checking in much but will have a lot to catch up on when we get back. Judy, you can shoot me an email if there is an urgent prayer need.

Hugs and prayers all around!

Sorry for being MIA. I will try to post more tomorrow. THANK YOU for all of your wonderful messages and prayers. I TRULY appreciate all of you who still check in even when I don't respond or visit your TRs, it is busy with only one vehicle for Pete and I. I know you understand if you care for me. The only other thing I will say tonight is a simple, heartfelt Thank you!! :flower3:

The van is working properly after the accident?

I know what an inconvenience it is when a car us in the shop. I can't begin to imagine being without the extra car as long as Pete has been without his. I pray something gives and you find a great reliable car at an affordable price.

Andrea, praying for you and your dh as well.

Hi Judy, We know your time is limited and you will post when you can. There's a package headed your way from Amazon that should arrive on Monday. I need to give you a call. This weekend will be busy for me making dinner for my granddaughter's birthday. She's coming home from college with her roommate. Hopefully the following weekend. Billy will have his follow-up eye appointment to see how the swelling behind the right eye is doing by then.

The weather here has already started turning cooler during the night and the pecans are starting to drop from the wind. Don't remember since we've lived here that the temperatures has dropped into the 60's and 70's so early in the fall. We'll be outside working again. Don't look forward to all the leaves falling from the trees either. Still have hayfever bothering me and a clogged up ear.

Still praying for that car for Pete and that your van will be repaired by the guy's company insurance and for the needs of the family. Love and :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter