Not sure if this has been asked before, but..

When we were there in June my daughters stepfather asked if we could order soda for me OOP and use my credit to get a 2nd drink for him. The waitress said I could order a drink and give it to him but I had to actually order it. Well I refused because I quit drinking many years ago when the Marines gave me my 1st platoon. He then asked about using this trick with my 17 year old. Before I could say no the waitress did.
This was at a TS place, I assume?

That's why I suggested the adults order all the food. I'm not sure there are “over 21” and “21 and under” dining credits entitlements.

But, CAN you share a meal when on the dining plan? Can an adult order even 1 meal and share it with anyone else? Is that allowed? If not, then certainly ordering 2 meals and sharing would also not be allowed.

Lets think this through. My DGD orders her lemonade that is worth $3.50, and I pay $9.00 for my glass of wine or pretty blue special Disney martini. Or....I pay for her lemonade, or for nothing when she opts for water, and I get my special cocktail with the meal. Id Disney is okay with my ordering both of our meals, getting my two glasses of wine with dinner, and paying for her lemonade, why not? If they are not okay with it, I'm okay too. My Kady may see some fancy pants drink she wants and then there is no question, but I know that she normally drinks a light beverage with most meals, and seldom opts for anything more filling than a Shirley Temple.

I'm just saying I think the allowance of this will be few and far between. There isn't room for interpretation on the Disney website (rare indeed) so server's discretion will be the call.

I agree it will entirely be up to server discretion. But I would think there's 50/50 chance of the server being OK with it. We've had two instances now where DH has ordered an AYCTE platter at lunch (WCC and LTT) while I ordered something different, and the servers in each case straight up told us they'd bring extra of whatever so that I could eat off it too. Typically, he wouldn't be able to share with me since I didn't order that. So, I think a lot of servers just want to make the guest happy by doing what's logical (and also getting a good tip lol!) so it may be permitted more often than not.

Last edited:
Good luck. I don't know how anyone will be able to argue to get something that was never included in the first place. It's the same thing as asking for a free drink. But there used to be a poster on the dining review boards that did that quite a bit and sometimes even got it.

Good luck. I don't know how anyone will be able to argue to get something that was never included in the first place. It's the same thing as asking for a free drink. But there used to be a poster on the dining review boards that did that quite a bit and sometimes even got it.

How do you mean? To my understanding, an alcoholic beverage is included with each adult dining entitlement. If they are using 4 dining credits at a meal, four drinks would be permitted. I'm not sure why the server would care how they are being consumed, as long as its not the children drinking them! It would be no different if everyone was of age and two people in the party simply didn't drink, IMO

I already did when I posted the link on the first page of this thread. Check out the Disney website.

I'm not talking about age, I'm talking about dining plan credits. Its true that a drink comes with an adult dining plan credit, that dining credits don't distinguish age, and that dining credits are pooled. The child would not be able to order a drink due to their age, naturally, but I see no reason why the parent couldn't order it and void the drink entitlement for that child then. Like we've all said, it will be case by case as to whether its allowed, but its certainly not getting one over on Disney or getting a free drink. The entitlement is still there.

I already did when I posted the link on the first page of this thread. Check out the Disney website.
You’re arguing semantics. The adult credit does in fact include an alcoholic drink. But the person consuming the drink must be 21 or older. The server may or may not allow the person using that credit to “gift” the drink to another member of the party who is over 21.

You’re arguing semantics. The adult credit does in fact include an alcoholic drink. But the person consuming the drink must be 21 or older. The server may or may not allow the person using that credit to “gift” the drink to another member of the party who is over 21.

I'll agree it could be an issue of semantics/interpretation. That is just not how I interpret the website. I am reading it as the table service entitlement includes entree, dessert, and drink, and that the drink may be alcoholic if that person is 21 or over. It doesn't read to me like you somehow "prepaid" for an alcoholic beverage for everyone who has an adult credit entitlement so you should get it.

We've only had one response on this thread of someone who has tried (and failed) so we'll just have to wait for others to report back. As usual, I just don't think anyone should go in with expectations of getting something. I'm really not trying to argue any more than that.

There are varying reports on this. At QS locations, you may be asked to show ID, but some are saying you can get two alcoholic drinks per ID, so you might be able to. Some are saying they aren't being carded at all, so you would definitely be able to if that happens. At TS places, you can always ask, but I haven't seen any reports where people got more than their one drink at a TS place.

Still, if you are able to do this at every meal, you and DH will be drinking 4 alcoholic drinks each, every day. Not really passing judgment, but whew! That's a lot.

That's called VACATION!!! :rotfl:(and that is passing judgement :) )

Yet another thread about wanting to game the system. People shouldn't purchase an "all inclusive" dining package if they aren't satisfied with the value it offers.

If an adult is ordering a meal, then they should get an adult beverage with their meal.
If someone under drinking age is getting a meal, there should not be an adult beverage allowed to be attached to their meal to give to an adult simply because having to get a soda for them represents less value on the plan.

All this discussion to obtain $6-12 of additional "value" at a meal on a 3-5 thousand dollar vacation.

Yet another thread about wanting to game the system. People shouldn't purchase an "all inclusive" dining package if they aren't satisfied with the value it offers.

If an adult is ordering a meal, then they should get an adult beverage with their meal.
If someone under drinking age is getting a meal, there should not be an adult beverage allowed to be attached to their meal to give to an adult simply because having to get a soda for them represents less value on the plan.

All this discussion to obtain $6-12 of additional "value" at a meal on a 3-5 thousand dollar vacation.

I’m not trying to game the system at all. If I am paying for four adult dining meals, I should be entitled to whatever each meal includes. Why should the value of the plan be less for those with children over 10?

Exactly why we won't purchase the DDP. Now if I ever get it "free" again I may do it.

If OP is paying for four adult dining plans then she should get what each meal includes. If she can't I would really rethink purchasing the DDP. It lowers the value.

Insults are more effective when used correctly - it's not gaming the system.
If each dining plan paid for comes with an adult beverage (which costs considerably more than pop) - the adults at the table should be able to drink that beverage they paid for. That is using the drink option that comes with each dining plan - explain how that's gaming the system? They aren't using it twice.

The kid can have water. ;)

I think you're misunderstanding. What I, and others, suggested in this thread was that none of the child should order anything. The adults should order two meals, then share the food with their kids and keep the drinks.

It is not the children who are giving their drink to adults, it is adults who are giving their food to children.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter