Not Welcome

Thank you. Just out of curiosity, Valet can be for anyone regardless of ADR's or being a resort guest?
Yes if you're willing to pay for valet you can go without being a guest or having an ADR. I think the only time you'd get turned away if it was a really busy day and the valet lot was almost full.

This:
Eh, overzealous guards who try to run their own little fifedoms.

When I stayed at Wilderness Lodge last summer, the guards there were much more strict than at BoardWalk.

When we stayed at WL in November and used Lyft quite a few times. About half the time, I still had to scan my band from the back seat to prove we were staying there before the guard would let the Lyft driver through with us.

Yup, that's what happened to me. I was sitting on the opposite side of the back seat, and I had to slide over and lower the window, in the rain, so that the guard could scan by Magic Band.

How would a Lyft driver get in to pick up a guest without a guest in the car to scan in?

Well now you're assuming that the guards are using logic when they make up their own rules.

If you really want to get to WL and not park at the TTC, you can park at DS and bus over. Even though WL often shares a bus with the CR, it's usually the first stop off.

As others have mentioned, I'm of the inclination this may also be security based as well, not just parking. At DLP, the whole resort is basically a security bubble, including hotels. WDW has been moving in that direction, so it doesn't surprise me they might be clamping down who's parking at the resorts, especially those close to the theme parks.

I rarely take Lyft, Uber or Minnies when traveling within WDW but the few times I did it was the driver who was questioned and had to show ID not the passengers.

I get why Disney wants to limit parking rights during busy times and imagine this is a similar policy as the park entrance closings that happen during the December holidays. With the gondola construction I wouldn't be surprised if certain parking lots throughout the resorts or portions of them are closed as well.

I can also see a security aspect to this tale as well.

Sorry you had to get your loaded mickey waffles else where, OP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter