Not Welcome

I've had their Mickey waffles, and they're a shadow of what they once were. The sauces are sugary, nearly tasteless, and the waffles aren't made to order the way they once were. While your situation is aggravating, I think you wound up with better food. RF was far better before the refurb.

I think OP pointed out being an AP holder because that makes it clear to the gate CM that they are not there just to get free parking for MKas an AP holder already has free parking. There’s basically no reason for them to be there others than to drop some money in Disney’s pocket. And unless they have a serious parking problem there is no reason to turn away someone coming to spend money.

If I wanted to eat that badly, I would have parked at the TTC, taken the ferry to MK and the boat to WL. Hassle? Yes, but not the end of the world.

I took an uber once to BWI and the guard gave us a hard time. I was actually cutting through BWI to get to my reservation at Chef's de France from the back entrance, not that I told her that. I said I was there to just stroll the boardwalk and shop. She didn't want to let me in! Literally, my uber could've dropped me off at the sidewalk and she would't have said a word if I had strolled in but but because I was in a car, I needed a reservation??? It was ridiculous. I mean, of course she let me in. If you're not, then you better be asking people getting off the boat in the back if they have reservations, too. lol
We had a similar experience three weeks ago at Poly. Uber was dropping us off but the security guard gave us a hard time before finally letting us through to be dropped off. Huge bummer to think people lie about being a ride share service to park for free. Stop breaking the rules/being cheap/ruining it for everyone else! Not you, the baddies :)

I am hearing this often lately..I am thinking it's more of a security issue...besides abusing parking...This coming from a BWV owner who is happy for restrictive parking.. Now we have a place to park...

Anyone know how early I can park at a resort prior to my ADR? I wanted to go to the salon at GF before my dinner? Will they not let me park if I’m over an hour early?

As a DVC member, I'm thrilled to see Disney finally beginning to crack down on parking at resorts.

Poly/GF/YC/BC/Boardwalk parking can be nearly impossible for people actually staying there to find a spot during the day, only to find the lots half empty after the parks close.

I've never really experienced any parking problems at WL, but I guess if they're enforcing the policy, it has to be across the board.

If they wanted to accommodate legitimate diners and "resort visitors", they could easily implement a time stamped ticket system for guests not staying at that particular resort. Guests get "x" amount of time to eat/tour, and if they stay over that amount of time, they pay MORE than a full day's theme park charge for parking.

Last edited:
Anyone know how early I can park at a resort prior to my ADR? I wanted to go to the salon at GF before my dinner? Will they not let me park if I’m over an hour early?
I can't imagine they'd have a problem with an hour. It's the ones coming in 10 hours early that they would have a problem with.

As a DVC member, I'm thrilled to see Disney finally beginning to crack down on parking at resorts.

Poly/GF/YC/BC/Boardwalk parking can be nearly impossible for people actually staying there to find a spot during the day, only to find the lots half empty after the parks close.

I've never really experienced any parking problems at WL, but I guess if they're enforcing the policy, it has to be across the board.

If they wanted to accommodate legitimate diners and "resort visitors", they could easily implement a time stamped ticket system for guests not staying at that particular resort. Guests get "x" amount of time to eat/tour, and if they stay over that amount of time, they pay MORE than a full day's theme park charge for parking.
Disney Boardwalk not DBR is supposed to be a stand alone entertainment destination. It has street performers, music and little walk up eateries. Disney wants you feel like you are walking the Boardwalk of Atlantic City in its hey day. (they missed the mark but that is another topic) It is not just a resort.

However there is little parking for it. I get the frustration of DVC members and Resort guests however; it seems to me that someone forgot to calculate the parking need when designing this venue. IMHO masterminds at Disney want you to be at the mercy of their transportation to hold you on property longer in the hopes you will spend more. Great business idea however if it frustrates people who want to use their own transportation they will lose money from those people.

I've had their Mickey waffles, and they're a shadow of what they once were. The sauces are sugary, nearly tasteless, and the waffles aren't made to order the way they once were. While your situation is aggravating, I think you wound up with better food. RF was far better before the refurb.

Yep to that! And don’t even get me stared in how good their flatbread were before the refurbish! Remember when they had the “flatbread of the day” special. Before the refurb. Now they changed their flatbreads and they are worse than the ones at Pinocchio’s Village Hause. (Not that those are terrible, they are just ok. But before the refurb the Roaring Forks flatbread were amazing!!) the roaring forks refuburish is a classic case of “if it ain’t broken, don’t meddle with it”

Yep to that! And don’t even get me stared in how good their flatbread were before the refurbish! Remember when they had the “flatbread of the day” special. Before the refurb. Now they changed their flatbreads and they are worse than the ones at Pinocchio’s Village Hause. (Not that those are terrible, they are just ok. But before the refurb the Roaring Forks flatbread were amazing!!) the roaring forks refuburish is a classic case of “if it ain’t broken, don’t meddle with it”
Agree to all. We felt it was a hidden little gem. We'd show up and immediately go to the back counter to order the waffles. I can see the woman now, scooping batter into the waffle iron, flipping them, and then we'd wait several minutes (gladly) while they cooked. Then, you had toppings you could add from containers next to the counter: real bananas, actual strawberries, butter, syrup, whipped cream, et. al. The last time we went, the waffles were flaccid and the banana sauce gloppy with two pitiful, wilted pieces of banana. I have a picture of it somewhere--it was awful. Back to the topic at hand, parking can be an issue at some resorts, especially the Epcot ones and CR. However, having long been an owner at VWL, except when construction work took up a large portion of the first lot, parking has never been an issue at WL. They turned half the hotel into a new DVC because the regular resort wasn't filing up.

I was a bit worried about valet parking at the Contemporary
tonight for the after hours event at the MK but had no issues. Told the attendant I wanted to valet and he said no problem we are not in a hard close.

Disney Boardwalk not DBR is supposed to be a stand alone entertainment destination. It has street performers, music and little walk up eateries. Disney wants you feel like you are walking the Boardwalk of Atlantic City in its hey day. (they missed the mark but that is another topic) It is not just a resort.

However there is little parking for it. I get the frustration of DVC members and Resort guests however; it seems to me that someone forgot to calculate the parking need when designing this venue. IMHO masterminds at Disney want you to be at the mercy of their transportation to hold you on property longer in the hopes you will spend more. Great business idea however if it frustrates people who want to use their own transportation they will lose money from those people.
Originally, DVC members had free valet, so they kept expanding the valet area of the parking, taking away the open parking on the BWV side. Then they started charging for Valet, but never returned the valet spots to open parking.

I was a bit worried about valet parking at the Contemporary
tonight for the after hours event at the MK but had no issues. Told the attendant I wanted to valet and he said no problem we are not in a hard close.

Does anyone know the parameters for a hard close? This is the first I've heard of the term but it may be over on the transportation board.

Does anyone know the parameters for a hard close? This is the first I've heard of the term but it may be over on the transportation board.
I'm guessing that's when they have the sign out front that says only guests of the hotel or with ADRs are allowed to come in? I've seen those a few times during really busy times. But they also don't mention valet on them so I'm not sure.

I'm guessing that's when they have the sign out front that says only guests of the hotel or with ADRs are allowed to come in? I've seen those a few times during really busy times. But they also don't mention valet on them so I'm not sure.

Thank you. Just out of curiosity, Valet can be for anyone regardless of ADR's or being a resort guest?

ETA I was thinking of making a lunch reservation at the Contemporary since I have to stop in there and transportation from BC to Contemporary will take awhile.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter