November 11, 2004 -- Anyone?

We'll be on board. Me (41), DW (40), and 2 DDs, (13, & 11). First time for us as well. We'll be at the PO resort for the 5 nights prior.

Looking forward to meeting everyone -

JG

We are almost a month away from boarding the ship! :jumping3: I purchased the Passporter DCL guide and am currently reading it from cover to cover. For a novice cruiser, I am looking for any tips I can find. Our kids are getting more excited as each day passes. My DS who is 11 can't wait to roam the ship on his own and my DD who is 6 hopes she is able to see Ariel. Here in NC the fall weather is starting to get a little cooler so I'm putting aside my shorts & bathing suits in my cruise bag so that I feel one step closer to getting on board! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Debbie

I bought the Passporter DCL guide also, as well as the Disney 2004 Passporter since we'll be AKL for 4 days prior to the cruise. I've cruised (not on DCL) and been to WDW before, but you can never have too much info!

I think I'm going to start putting stuff aside soon. I need to buy some stronger sunscreen though (I only bought SPF 8, and guess we'll need higher than that). Also, I read that water shoes are a good idea and need to find a pair of size 14's for my big-footed DS!

There's another recruit I found for our thread, too...let's see if she follows the link!

Thanks Sweet Angel for the thread(I think that's what this is called, lol this is only the 2nd time I have posted something on the internet)! Anyway, we will be on the Nov. 11th Disney Wonder cruise and can't wait!:Pinkbounc Traveling in our group are Me(35), DH(34), DD(turns 13 the day before the cruise), DD(9), DS(6), and grandma(who I don't think would appreciate me posting her age;) ) This is our 2nd DCL cruise. We are so excited because we are staying in a Cat. 2 this time! We also will be staying at the BWI and GF before a few days before the cruise. I look forward to meeting you all.
Karen

...add another 8 to that...it will be me (38), DS (8), my mom (61)
and friends DW(38),DH(37), DD(9), DD(5), and niece (9).

It is my first cruise and I can't wait...I wish I would get my documents so I can find out my room #....(I have a GTY room).

Hope to see you guys around the ship...

I also want to get my documents so that I can find out my room number...

For those that have cruised with Disney...I have a few questions?

How does the stroller thing work? I will need one for my 16 month old. How much does it cost to get one.

I am booked in a category 11. I am wishing for an upgrade. When will we find out if we got one. Will it be on our documents?

Thank You. Looking forward to cruisin' with you all! :bounce:

Me too! Thanks for the link. My family includes me34, DH36, DS10, DD5, and Grandma. I'm excited for my son because it looks like alot of us have boys around the same age. Lots of friends for him to meet at the clubs! Very excited because we've never been. Staying at CBR before the cruise. Thanks for all the info from this board, I feel very ready.:wave2:

I just booked a Cat. 9, Deck 2 cabin.

I be at PO-Riverside for 6 days before the cruise. This will be my 3rd "solo" voyage on Disney Cruise. It is such a safe and relaxing atmosphere for a middle aged maiden aunt.

In Nassau, I am thinking about booking the Catamaran Sail/Reef Snorkeling, because I love to snorkel. I would also like to know if any beaches near Atlantis, Paradise Island are open to the public, without a shore excursion. I was in Nassau several years ago and was also "underwhelmed", mostly due to the endless harassment by street vendors.

I often keep to myself, but it might be kind of fun to order some cheese and cracker platters from room service and meet, greet and share adventures, near the family pool during the day at sea. The "free beverage bar" and the "adult beverage bars" are close by.

I was told documents would arrive about 10 days before my trip...that would be next week. Yippy!!!

Spotdog, you can hang with my BF and I...you'll find us by the "adult beverage bar"! My DS will be at the club -- with all the 13 year old girls that seem to be on this cruise! Wish someone would post with a DS around his age!

Oh, looks like 49 of us now!

spotdog, I've booked that shore excursion solo! DH is color blind and can't see much without his glasses, he just doesn't enjoy snorkeling. Hope to see you there! We recently went to Typhoon Lagoon and I enjoyed Shark reef snorkeling, went through it 3 times in a row. I'm looking forward to seeing what sights Nassau offers under water!

Bobbi:D

PS. We stayed at a Marriott resort in Nassau a few years ago, and if we strayed even a little off the Marriott's beach area, vendors would practically surround us asking us to buy something for the "pretty lady." That's our only experience with a beach in Nassau. All of the other times, we stayed in the town and did shopping or did ship excursions.

I am about to attempt booking the Catamaran Reef Snorkeling on line. Wish me luck, I'm not real good at this online navigation yet.
If you want to find me, I am a short, substantial brunette usually wearing a Hawaiian muumuu over my bathing suit. I am told I look younger than 45.

In reply to sadiebell, if I were bringing my grade school aged nephew with me I would definately allow him to wear a polo shirt and nice shorts to dinner. They don't strictly enforce the "no shorts or jeans" dress code, and it seems appropriate for older adolescents and men, but the little guys often just don't have that many khaki or dress pants, unless they have private school uniforms.

18 days 'til Disney and '23 days til Disney Cruise.

:bounce: :bounce:

My travel agent called me today to say that she has our cruise documents and that she was sending them to me by priority mail!! Four weeks from today and we will be enjoying all that DCL has to offer. I asked her about boys wearing nice shorts to dinner and she said it would be best for them to wear long pants so that they would not feel out of place. Oh well, it's time for me to go buy my son some khakis since the weather here in NC is getting cooler and I don't think he will want to continue wearing shorts to church on chilly Sunday mornings. I need to spend a Saturday at the shopping centers buying all the things that we need for the cruise.

Since this is our first cruise and it is only for 3 days, we have decided not to book any shore excursions in Nassau. Good or bad idea? We thought we would shop around in the market area and then spend some time on the ship. Our kids (DS 11, DD 6) want to spend time in the kids club and I would like to spend some time in the spa. At CC, we thought we would do some snorkeling there and maybe rent bikes for awhile. I have seen some posts about the snorkeling equipment on CC not fitting so well, but I don't want to take up room in our bags to bring masks, etc. from home. For those who have been to Nassau, are there any places to buy those items while in port? Also, has anyone been to Senor Frogs before? Thanks for your imput!

Debbie

Debbie -

I haven't booked any shore excursions yet. I think we're just going to play it by ear. In Nassau, we're just going to walk around and see what we feel like doing.

On CC, I hope to lounge in a hammock all day drinking froo-froo drinks while my son is on the teen beach.

I still haven't heard anythign from my TA. I wish there was a "stamping her feet" smiley -- I need that one today!

I have asked my DH every day this week (the second he walks in the door from work...) DID THEY ARRIVE???

I really want to doc dance - BAD!!

AND - is anyone getting excited/freaked out about all that they need to do before they leave? I found out that I have to take a business trip on the 25th for three days and now I am in a panic that it will cut into my prep time for our trip. :rolleyes: Too much stress, I think I need a vacation!

Did anyone find lime-leis? I found ours this weekend! I finished our door signs and set them aside with the stack of vacation items I have accumulated. (NO packing until after Halloween) :crazy:

I hope we all get our documents on the same day so we can dance together! :cool1:

We received our cruise documents today :jumping2: :jumping2: :jumping2: !! I feel like I should sleep with them under my pillow so that they don't disappear, lol!

I hope that the rest of you receive your documents real soon!

Debbie

My DH came home with our documents last night.
:cool1: I am so excited!!! :cool1:
Come dance with us soon!

We aren't doing the 'Official' Land & Sea, rather we will be staying at a condo near the parks for a week after the cruise.

That settles it. I'm calling the TA today. (Yes, I know, I keep saying that, but I keep hoping the docs will mysteriously appear at my doorstep!)

EDITED to add: Just called my TA. She said she doesn't usually get the Disney docs 'til 2 weeks before. Phooey! :mad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter