November 11, 2004 -- Anyone?

Hi Everyone on the 11/11/04 Wonder Sailing!

My DD and I will be joining all of you! She is 12 and would LOVE to email or IM other kids her age prior to sailing. My email is on my profile... She has done this with past cruises and has made some great friends as a result!

Anyway, a bit about us. We usually sail Royal Caribbean as a family of 4 - DH and DS, age 14. But the men have no interest in DCL so DD and I will be on a mother/daughter adventure by ourselves for this trip. We are newbies to DCL, but definitely not to cruising.

Am glad I finally found this post. I always post on cruisecritic but there is not much activity there for DCL. I have organized some of the Meet & Mingle parties that RCCL and Cruise Critic sponsor and they are such fun! So if everyone is meeting we would be happy to join in with the rest of the group.

Looking forward to talking with all of you in the next few weeks. We are still awaiting our docs too - my TA said about 2 weeks prior to sailing is when she gets them. And we also have a guarantee so we are very anxious to get our cabin assignment, too!

Does anyone know if there are predictions or more hurricanes to come? We are so glad Castaway Cay is open again!

Our documents just came, and everything is correct! See you soon!

Bobbi

:boat:

I just got the call from my TA that my docs are in as well!

:thewave:

cruislovin: I checked at weather.com and there are no active tropical storms in the Atlantic at the moment

Let's hope it stays that way -- it's the 1st cruise for my DS and BF.

My docs came and I've started to pack. I have the later seating, which will probably be good this time because I want some time to explore Atlantis, even though I don't gamble. (OK, maybe a few turns at the slot machine).

Has anyone found out about the beaches near Atlantis? Can you snorkel or swim there? I may still book a snorkeling excursion, but I got sidetracked the last few days.

DNeice- 9 was off school for 3 days after having oral surgery to remove a large cyst from her inner lip. I cared for her during the day and I work evenings as a stagehand.

She's doing much better and I would love to hear about the Oceaneers Lab in hopes of perhaps acompanying her, DNephew-8 and my overworked sister on a later trip.
:earsgirl:

Just wanted to do the "under 20 day dance" and see if anyone else is as excited as we are!

Bobbi:D

PS. I don't have a lime green lei yet, but I do have a DIS button! Meriweather sent me one in the coffee mug exchange, (thank you again Meriweather!)

12 days from WDW and 16 from the cruise. I can hardly contain myself anymore. I'm starting to get nervous...so much to do, so little time.

DITTO!!!

I thought having Halloween to keep me occupied this weekend would be a GOOD thing. Now I just don't know how on earth I am going to get everything done before we go! :faint:

Since some of us will be doing L&S packages - shall we plan our DIS meet? I'm a newbie so I don't know where or when would be best.

Is anyone making door signs? I'll have one, and our cabin is 8552. No clue when or where we could meet. I've got my mickey heads and will probably be wearing them on my fanny pack or lanyard or something.

I'm surprised there's not more of us from DIS going.

We're in 6599.
Door signs are printed and perched near suitcase (no official packing until tomorrow...).

I took all my toiletries out of their various bags yesterday and combined everything into one bag. I don't think that counts as packing though.

You should see all the crap I bought: dayquil, nyquil (BF got sick last trip so he wanted to be prepared), Imodium, Ex-lax, tums, bonine, tylenol....

We're like a fully stocked pharmacy!

Of course, my son went to a Halloween party yesterday and said that one of the parents has tonsilitis. Ugh. He better not get sick!!

I'm starting a pile with things that I want to take, bathing suits and snorkel and swimming shoes. I have our passports with the cruise docs, so worst case, we wear what we travel in and go swimming and do room service and use the washing machines. There, that was easy!

I won't really pack until I take Buster to the kennel.

Bobbi:
Sounds like you've got everything under control!!

Everyone:
BabyBird and I were PM'ing the other day...how does a meet during the sailaway party sound? Starboard side?

Hi Everyone! Sorry, I changed my screen name from knighbert to momof3poohlovers(for those who are wondering who I am). Anyway, I was wondering where exactly everyone was meeting. When is the sailaway party and where exactly does everyone plan to meet? We are staying in stateroom 8516. Is that starboard side? I can't wait!!!!!:Pinkbounc :bounce: We leave in exactly 1 week.
Karen

Sorry, I forgot to ask, how do you get the counters on your replies? Meaning the thing under your names that show how long before you leave? Sorry, I am new to this and have no clue! Thanks in advance!:D
Karen

Karen,

From what I can see, your cabin is on the starboard side...as is mine...right down the hall! I just made my door sign tonight. It's not great, but it will do!

According to the Navigators I've seen, the Sailaway Party is about 4:30 on Deck 9, midship. If we can manage to all hang out on the starboard side, maybe we'll actually be able to spot each other!

Here's the thread to get a counter

sweet angel, you really ARE getting close, we're just a bit behind you! See you on board!

Thanks so much Sweet Angel for the info on the counter!:wave: We leave a couple of days after you. See you all on the cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter