Now unable to modify ADRs in MDE app?

TheMick424

DIS Veteran
Is anyone else getting the message that we are unable to modify ADRs using the app, and must visit
disneyworld.com? I hope this is temporary for some kind of system change over the weekend but I don’t know. Why would they want to limit app functionality?

Is anyone else getting the message that we are unable to modify ADRs using the app, and must visit
disneyworld.com? I hope this is temporary for some kind of system change over the weekend but I don’t know. Why would they want to limit app functionality?
Potentially because , once again, folks were misusing the feature.

I don’t believe this inability to modify ADRs is temporary because I updated the MDE phone app a few days ago and there is no longer a way modify your dining reservations.

I don’t believe this inability to modify ADRs is temporary because I updated the MDE phone app a few days ago and there is no longer a way modify your dining reservations.
After posting this, I saw a thread on another site with a reply from Disney stating they were aware of the issue and working to fix. We’ll see I guess, but for a company that heavily promotes the app/mobile experience, this seems like a big miss. If it was intentional, I would think they would want to implement the change across all platforms at the same time. I’m going with poor QA and regression testing of the latest app version...for now. Closing loopholes does seem to be on the agenda, though. IDK.
I personally don’t “bump and run”, but would like the ability to change a future reservation without a ton of hassle. Plans change, so as long as it is outside the 24 hour cancellation window, what is the big deal?

Is the modify feature still working on the full website, just not the app? I hope they fix this, it’s so convenient to be able to adjust plans on the fly if we’re running early or late for an adr.

The App is working for me. I just rescheduled a Chef Art Smith Reservation 13 days from now with no issues.
Have you updated to the latest version of the app? I think that is where the issue started. I just launched the app again and I’m still getting the same (grammatically incorrect) pop-up.

Attachments

• C64C68A9-CA70-410D-B406-919DE9BB15FE.jpeg
    C64C68A9-CA70-410D-B406-919DE9BB15FE.jpeg
    42.6 KB · Views: 40
Have you updated to the latest version of the app? I think that is where the issue started. I just launched the app again and I’m still getting the same (grammatically incorrect) pop-up.

Mine says last updated Jan 15th and I'm not showing another update available to me.

I was able to cancel an adr just now, book a new one & a couple mins later modify the time on the new one all in the app. I got the warning at the beginning but did it anyway. I got the email confirms for all of it.

ETA: I’m not running the newest app version

I got the same message to modify on the Disney website, not the app. So, I modified on the website, when the day before I was able to modify on the app. The app is so much more convenient.
I do have an iPhone so not sure if that matters.

I got that message and then just tried again immediately on the app and it let me modify. I think it's just an app issue.

I definitely think it is the app. When you select one of your existing ADRs there is no modify button. Only cancel

I have the modify option but its for the an ADR for next month.
If they are closing the loophole I would hope they only do it for day of. Otherwise that is super inconvenient
I am using a samsung...not sure which version of the app as somehow I have 2 of them downloaded and I dont know which is which

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter