~ October 2010 Brides ~

So has everyone pretty much finished their planning kits?! :woohoo: We have a phone appointment with Mrs. Rosie next week for floral!!!! I found my shoes today...so all that is left is DF tuxedo!!! We only have 134 days left :scared:

So has everyone pretty much finished their planning kits?! :woohoo: We have a phone appointment with Mrs. Rosie next week for floral!!!! I found my shoes today...so all that is left is DF tuxedo!!! We only have 134 days left :scared:

Just had my planning session with Rosie last Thursday and sent my planning kit in about a month ago! :cool1:

October 4, 2010 at DWP :yay:

I still have not received a email or phone call from floral...has anyone else?!

Neither have I. Planning session was 3 and a half weeks ago and still don't have a floral estimate! Sent an email today asking when to expect it.

Being very Type "A", we had the LOA signed, floral, photography, dinners, lunch, Mickey's Halloween Party and Safari Breakfast booked & paid in full weeks ago. Only thing left to pay is for any additional beverages, floral and the Room gifts for our Guests.
Having my dress altered in July-hoping to firm up that last bit of flab!
Need to hear from Brevard Wedding License. Faxed the application about two months ago, but I think that was too far out. I'll send it out again in July. Tux for Groom is booked with Carolynn Allen-what great people.
Hair & Make up trial run will be the end of August in Orlando & will have Bachlorette Party the same weekend!

Getting close, Girls!!!!!:banana:

Hi, another October 2010 bride here!! We are the 12th at the Wedding pavillion and then the Grand Floridian. Does anyone have any recomendations for where to have our celebration meal after?? It is coming round so fast now this year has flown....... wont be long at all now!!

Congratualtions everyone!! X

Hi! Just joined today - we are also getting married on October 12th at Sunset Point. Going a bit crazy because we just decided to get married about two weeks ago and there is so much to do! Anyway - we are having dinner afterwards at Shula's Steak House, we are steak lovers and have heard really good things about Shula's (haven't checked for reviews on the board here yet, another thing I should do!!!).

Who is your wedding coordinator? We signed the contract and paid the deposit last Sunday but we don't have anyone yet!!

October 1 -- Rachy (Orlando)
October 2 -- Figmentfan21 (SBP, Sago Cay)
October 4 -- Limedelsol (WP)
October 5 -- Clareyfairymouse (WP, Ohana's, UK)
October 8 -- Lisatiggg (WP, GF)
October 9 -- Raysnkaysmom (Orange Park, Epcot on 15th)
October 10 -- Dreams595 (SBP, LSL)
October 10 -- Bethany66 (Canada)
October 10 -- Sunset30 (YCG, AP)
October 12 -- JJ Beans (WP)
October 12 -- SillyKaren (SBP, Garden Grove)
October 12 -- Abby1603 (WP, GF)
October 14 -- Blondie7 (SBP, Attic, Lower UK)
October 17 -- Teddy_ALH (DCL, Castaway Cay)
October 18 -- Kellyb.80 (WP)
October 21 -- Goom128
October 22 -- Bunny_pop
October 22 -- Hurtbarrettwed (WP, GF)
October 29 -- Pirate's Princess (Japan, LSL, UK)
October 30 -- PunttinOnes (WP, Maggianos)

Alright ladies, I think I got everyone! Please reply and let me know if you want any of your details changed! :goodvibes

Hi there - can I get added for October 12 at Sunset Point? I have to admit, I was freaking out a little this morning and, after reading the posts here, am now freaking out BIG TIME!!!!!! We just signed our initial contract and paid our deposit last Sunday and do not even have a coordinator assigned.

At least I have the dress!! :)

Congrats everyone and sorry I am late to the party!!

Wow, as I typed that last post, my Planning Kit arrived in my mailbox. Looks like Kathleen is my coordinator, anyone else working with her? Stress level down a notch...for today! :upsidedow

Hi! Just joined today - we are also getting married on October 12th at Sunset Point. Going a bit crazy because we just decided to get married about two weeks ago and there is so much to do! Anyway - we are having dinner afterwards at Shula's Steak House, we are steak lovers and have heard really good things about Shula's (haven't checked for reviews on the board here yet, another thing I should do!!!).

Who is your wedding coordinator? We signed the contract and paid the deposit last Sunday but we don't have anyone yet!!

Congratulations! I have you added to the list! :thumbsup2 I'm an October 12 bride too, at SBP! :cool1:

We are having a reception/party back at home (10/30) after the wedding (10/4)...does anyone have any ideas of how to word our invitations to the reception? I had even thought of just sending out a save the date now, then sending a formal invitation at the beginning of the month...:confused3 So confused!

Wow, as I typed that last post, my Planning Kit arrived in my mailbox. Looks like Kathleen is my coordinator, anyone else working with her? Stress level down a notch...for today! :upsidedow

Kathleen Reynolds is our Planner. Not sure if there is more than one Kathleen. Kathleen Reynolds is great!!!!! Super helpful, friendly and quick with answers. You are in very good hands!

We are having a reception/party back at home (10/30) after the wedding (10/4)...does anyone have any ideas of how to word our invitations to the reception? I had even thought of just sending out a save the date now, then sending a formal invitation at the beginning of the month...:confused3 So confused!

Are you paying for the reception? Will it be very formal? We are basically just having a dinner party at our place so I think we are going to word it with us requesting their attendance to celebrate our wedding which was held on 10/12/10 at WDW.

We are only having the two of us at the ceremony and no one really knows, except our close family, so we are not sending out the save the dates until after the ceremony. We were thinking about mailing them from Disney so they are postmarked from FL. This is going to sound selfish but honest - we don't want to send them out sooner because we are loving the idea of just us.

If people are traveling or have small children and everyone knows about the wedding (!) I say send the save the dates now. :goodvibes

OMG - I am so excited and had to share with someone!!! My DF has agreed to break our photography budget with a MK + Another Park (Epcot) photo session!!! I will be up all night looking thru the threads for pics but it will be worth it!

I am finding out my DF is a lot more romantic than I ever thought! :love:

I am sooo excited!! We got our email from the wedding planner!! I can't wait to fill out the paper work! We got Karen Serrette! Anyone have her or has had her?
:cloud9:

I am sooo excited!! We got our email from the wedding planner!! I can't wait to fill out the paper work! We got Karen Serrette! Anyone have her or has had her?
:cloud9:

Congrats!! It feels more real now, doesn't it?

I have Kathleen Reynolds and she has been awesome but everyone I have spoken with at DFTW has been awesome so I am sure you are in good hands! :woohoo:

2 months, 1 week fellow Oct 12th brides!!! :bride:

How are things going for all of you? I must say, once I met with Rosie, I felt a lot better about our choices and getting everything we wanted, even in our little Sunset Point Escape wedding!

It is going great! Our outfits are ready. We just need the final fitting. I have an appointment to talk to Rosie over the phone next week.

We had a formal wedding planned and x-ed that because it was too hard for me going to school full time and him working full time to plan. So we went back to our original idea to get married at disney! So much easier! And everyone is super nice!
My only thing now that I am pondering over is what song I want for the groom :rolleyes:

October 9th! I'm getting married at my home church here in Missouri. We're Disneymooning from 12 October - 17 October! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter