October 2018 Car Rental

Okay I apparently missed the days that the prices dropped because we are still looking at around $250 with the manager special at Dollar for our dates, 10/13 - 10/21. Anyone seen anything recent that is better? We are less concerned about size of vehicle with just three of us. Thanks!

Price drops just don’t seem to happen much anymore. I just got back a week ago and my price only went up from what I had booked months prior. For my oct 31st rental the price is much higher than my original reservation.

I leave in a week and prices are just out of control. Add the cost of the rental, Gas, Tolls, and parking at the resorts now and the days of renting cars are just going to go right out the window soon. Luckily I had a good rate during the dollar sale so this trip I will still get the car but I just can't seem to justify it going forward unless prices fall drastically.

The best price I was able to get was on 9/26, so 6 days in advance. Keep in mind, my dates are 10/3-10/8 so they're basically charging me for a week. I also went for an intermediate car because getting well under my budget was attractive and we won't have that many bags. There's literally no harm in checking every day, even a couple of times a day to see if the prices change. When I saw the rate, I jumped on it and I'm glad I did. Within a day or two the rates went way up as now it's very close and I can imagine that would cause a huge rate fluctuation.

We got a car reserved when the prices were lower. Have been checking in the last week and they are over $100 more from 2 weeks ago. We leave in 2 weeks and so far no bargains to be found.

I reserved an intermediate size car from Alamo in Feb for Oct 24-31 at $221 for the week which is normally the max for what I've paid on most trips. I've checked regularly and the price has been much higher since I reserved. I am picking up and dropping off at the Dolphin, though, not the airport. Lift & Uber are looking more attractive for future trips!

I just booked a premium from the Dolphin for October 13 to October 20 for $275. Not ideal price but we like having a car and not feeling stranded. Use Uber in Manhattan as it’s so easy giving numbered streets and avenues, just haven’t tried it in Orlando. We don’t pay resort parking as we are DVC. Might try it though when we stay at the Dolphin during future trips. I just don’t like the busses much anymore.

Last edited:

Was watching Alamo and their prices have gone up another $40 for a week. Now over $400. Glad I reserved early.

Does anyone use autoslash.com? I checked with them today and found rates MUCH lower than what I had been finding myself. $250 for a minivan (National) Oct. 25-Nov.1 sfb-mco. It is prepaid through them but still fully cancellable up to 2 days before. Might be worth taking a look!

Does anyone use autoslash.com? I checked with them today and found rates MUCH lower than what I had been finding myself. $250 for a minivan (National) Oct. 25-Nov.1 sfb-mco. It is prepaid through them but still fully cancellable up to 2 days before. Might be worth taking a look!

I'm wondering the same thing. I have an intermediate reserved for $237 for the week (10/22-29). I keep checking and prices right now are insane, over $400. I can save $50 by booking through Autoslash, but I've never used them before so I'm a little nervous.

I'm wondering the same thing. I have an intermediate reserved for $237 for the week (10/22-29). I keep checking and prices right now are insane, over $400. I can save $50 by booking through Autoslash, but I've never used them before so I'm a little nervous.
I am trying them and so far the prices are pretty cheap for EZ and ADVANTAGE and even FOX. But I am really leary of the three of them from all the reviews I read. I prefer Alamo, Avis or Budget. Alamo is the same thru Autoslash as it is thru Costco right now. So we'll see....

For my dates, Alamo is $188 for pay now and $519 pay later. Crazy!

Edited to say, I don't think I'd use EZ, Advantage or Fox, that would make me nervous.

For my dates, Alamo is $188 for pay now and $519 pay later. Crazy!

Edited to say, I don't think I'd use EZ, Advantage or Fox, that would make me nervous.
Did u use any codes for that price? I wouldnt mind paying now because either way we will have travel insurance for the "just in case."

I belong to a labor union so at times we use unionplus.com forbtravel for discounts. Just now I checked and found Budget rental to be LOADS CHEAPER than the rest. I also am signed up with Budget's program. It did not ask for a union login to get the deals. I found a premium rental for almost 80.00 cheaper using pay now than my costco alamo full size rental of pay at pick up. Just an FYI for those looking. Woohoo!

I belong to a labor union so at times we use unionplus.com forbtravel for discounts. Just now I checked and found Budget rental to be LOADS CHEAPER than the rest. I also am signed up with Budget's program. It did not ask for a union login to get the deals. I found a premium rental for almost 80.00 cheaper using pay now than my costco alamo full size rental of pay at pick up. Just an FYI for those looking. Woohoo!
Darnit I spoke too soon. The price was BEFORE all the fees. I wish they would just show with everything included. Well there goes my bubble!

Did u use any codes for that price? I wouldnt mind paying now because either way we will have travel insurance for the "just in case."
That was the quote from Autoslash, and I'm not sure what codes they used to get that price.

Darnit I spoke too soon. The price was BEFORE all the fees. I wish they would just show with everything included. Well there goes my bubble!
And Orlando seems to be really good at loading on the extra fees. what starts out looking like a good deal isn't by the time they're done. Easily $130+ in fees for a week.

And Orlando seems to be really good at loading on the extra fees. what starts out looking like a good deal isn't by the time they're done. Easily $130+ in fees for a week.

Ain't that the truth. My fees are almost as much as a week.

This is my first time using them too, but they are quite active answering questions on the flyertalk.com forums -- seem to have good customer service. I'm hoping for the best!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter