"Official" 2015 MNSSHP thread

Looking for some advice - October 31 or November 1? We'll be there both nights, so either can work. Oct 31 sounds fun to actually take the kids on Halloween. But will Nov 1 be less crowded since it is after Halloween and, in theory, the locals will have gone on Halloween?

I'm a local! I've never gone on Halloween night. I prefer to go early, usually the first party.

Both will sell out. I'd pick Nov 1 and do resort activities on Halloween.

Good idea!

SO excited! Just logged on to Facebook and saw a bunch of posts. This'll be my first Halloween party :cool1:

How fun!! My best advice to a newbie party goer, is that you can't possibly do everything in one night. Try to prioritize what at the party is important to you and go from there. Even sold out parties can be fun, though less can get done during a sold out night.

I got giddy when I saw the dates! October 6th will be our night I think. This will be DBF & I's 3rd party, his sisters 2nd and the remainder of our party their 1st.

I think DBF and I are going as Tweedle Dum & Tweedle Dee. We've previously been Captain Hook and Smee (his sis was Peter Pan), as well as Ratatouille - I was the rat and he was the chef.

So excited!

Tweedle Du, and Tweedle Dee are great costume ideas. His sisters will be lucky to have you and your dfb as experienced party guides!

I will say too our best experience was the MNSSHP last year. That event really renewed our love for Disney. We went for the first time last year and all the CM's were fantastic. The parade was absolutely the best and the CM's from the parade interacted with us so much. It was one of the most memorable Disney trips we've ever had (and it was for our 5 year wedding anniversary too.) One of the HM CM grave diggers in the parade came over to us during the parade, gave us the creepy stare and pointed at our anniversary buttons. The mad hatter, Alice, and Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum even got out of the parade and stood on the side of Main Street and danced with us (we were goofing off dancing because that tune from the parade is so catchy.) It was absolutely fantastic and we can't wait for MNSSHP again this year!

We're planning on being there for the first night this year, 9/15.

Thanks for sharing your review! Sounds like you had an amazing first party!

We have hoppers this year and need to wait until the October calendar comes out before we commit to a date. We weren't sure we would do the party this year due to me having to have surgery, but we just can't be there in October and NOT do MNSSHP! No idea what we are going to dress as, either. Usually we've got everything planned out by now! Lol!

I hope surgery goes well and the party is easy on you.

We never plan costumes until the last minute. Though usually we go with Star Wars because we have plenty from SWW.

So disappointed that there aren't early September dates this year. :'(

Maybe there is something going else going on in early September that hasn't been announced yet?

Don't forget to give your dates on the roll call thread. http://disboards.com/threads/official-2015-mnsshp-guest-list-thread.3383734/

This makes me nervous -- I thought there were going to be more early September dates, but now it looks like September 15 is the only night with a party during our trip. Guess I better be right on top of buying the tickets as soon as they go on sale.

The party started later in Sept last year too, if I remember correctly without looking at dates. We did the first one and it was very nice. Not many people dressed up. In fact, we were in costume and definitely in the minority that party. Went to the first one the year before and there were plenty in costume.

This is great, September 20th for me. Yay.

:)

No toes stepped on here! I just posted what I saw yesterday for those waiting for dates!
We are going to our first MNSSHP Oct 20th-very excited to read up on it this trip!

Thanks. These parties are so much fun! We did 5 of them in 2013 and 1 last year. If you have any questions, ask away. If I don't know, surely someone else will.

They reduced September by 6 dates. This could be a reflection of what they saw with so many Sept dates in 2014. Whatcha think?

Doug :goofy:

I don't know why, but I am hoping that this may mean that FSF will be back like last year.

Thanks for the replies! I'm leaning to Nov 1...but the others in my party will probably hold the majority vote, so hopefully they agree.

If you have kids, it may make more sense, to them, to do the Halloween party on Halloween.

Just a random note: I was in MK late August last year - like the 26th maybe? - and they'd put up the Halloween decorations the night before. I heard several people talking about how weird it was, how off it looked, some were even mad about the decorations on Main Street ruining their pictures. I have no idea how busy the first couple of parties were, but I agree the lack of early parties this year might be a reflection of how they were received by guests last year.

That being said, I am so excited about MNSSHP this year! It will be our third year, its my most favorite thing at WDW. I'm already working on our costumes! (er, mostly because it will take me months to sew them...) Last year, we went as Snow White, Evil Queen, and the Seven Dwarfs!

IMG_20141017_010606380_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
This is my absolute favorite thing to do at Disney! We have been at least 5 times; when it was just DH and I we were pirates, Asajj Ventress and Darth Maul, The Baroness and Cobra Commander, and then once with a big Streetfighter group. That year, Captain Hook did the 'Hadouken' motion when he saw us! Since we've had our daughter we have done King Roland, Queen Miranda, and Sophia, and last year we were Black Widow, American Dream, and Tony Stark.

We are not going this year because our 2nd daughter is due in August, but I can't wait to come and see everyone's pics!

Interesting to see that the parties start later than they did last year, and tickets/info are being released earlier than last year as well. When was the Villain's Soiree announced last year? I'll be curious to see if that comes back this year and if it differs at all.

A related question - how did the Villain's Soiree impact crowds at MNSSHP? Did crowds seem smaller when people were inside the castle for the Soiree? Did crowds seem heavier because they sold more tickets knowing people would book the Soiree? Just curious if it had a noticebable impact.

Yah! Love MNSSHP and since we missed it last year I'm so excited to go this year! We are going october 18 thinking of doing toy story but not sure if we will even dress up.

Interesting to see that the parties start later than they did last year, and tickets/info are being released earlier than last year as well. When was the Villain's Soiree announced last year? I'll be curious to see if that comes back this year and if it differs at all.

A related question - how did the Villain's Soiree impact crowds at MNSSHP? Did crowds seem smaller when people were inside the castle for the Soiree? Did crowds seem heavier because they sold more tickets knowing people would book the Soiree? Just curious if it had a noticebable impact.

The Disney blog announced the Soirée August 25, http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...eets-at-mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party/

For parade viewing it was noticeable because the viewing area was in the hub across from the castle. With the hub refurbishment, there should be more viewing area. But other than that, nothing was noticeable. Later MNSSHP had 2 different dessert times. The Hallowishes viewing from their reserved area was not the best.

What is FSF? Sorry racking my brain but can't figure that one out.

Sorry, Frozen Summer Fun. It ran from July to early Sept.

With that said, can anyone give me advice on how busy the Friday, September 18 party will be? I would prefer to do it at the end so we can sleep in, but I am afraid it will be busy, and if so we will do it Tuesday instead...

If my dates are flexible (now that Labor Day is out), should I wait and buy tickets from UT? I just read that was an option.

Seems like things are being announced earlier, I am wondering if they'll announce the Villain's Soiree earlier as well, if it is going to happen again?
Kind of going hand in hand with "plan your vacation in advance" theme they got going on these days with FP, ADRs...
I am very curious to see what Disney has up their sleeves... popcorn::

With that said, can anyone give me advice on how busy the Friday, September 18 party will be? I would prefer to do it at the end so we can sleep in, but I am afraid it will be busy, and if so we will do it Tuesday instead...

Last year, I only went to one party. But the year before I went to 5. Sundays seemed the most busy. In 2013, I wanted to go on a Tuesday because I had read they were the least busiest, but we weren't able with work schedules to go on a Tuesday.

Less locals would be there Tuesday as opposed to a Friday because of work and school.

Early parties in September, typically are not as busy. However, in 2013 I picked Columbus Day in October because that was picked as a good party to go to. Everyone else must have taken that advice because it was sold out! We still had fun though.

Sept 1st last year, was more crowded than the 1st party of 2013.

Also, parties where cm and AP get discounts tend to be busier too.

Last year, I only went to one party. But the year before I went to 5. Sundays seemed the most busy. In 2013, I wanted to go on a Tuesday because I had read they were the least busiest, but we weren't able with work schedules to go on a Tuesday.

Less locals would be there Tuesday as opposed to a Friday because of work and school.

Early parties in September, typically are not as busy. However, in 2013 I picked Columbus Day in October because that was picked as a good party to go to. Everyone else must have taken that advice because it was sold out! We still had fun though.

Sept 1st last year, was more crowded than the 1st party of 2013.

Also, parties where cm and AP get discounts tend to be busier too.

How do you find out which parties have discounts for them?

If my dates are flexible (now that Labor Day is out), should I wait and buy tickets from UT? I just read that was an option.

I've never bought tickets except through Disney. Hopefully, someone else can help you. MNSSHP tickets won't go on sale until April according to the Disney Blog.

How do you find out which parties have discounts for them?

Passholders usually find out online or through the Mickey Monitor which days are discounted for them.

Is there much difference between going Thursday, October 1 or Friday, October 2? I'm not sure which one would work better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter