"Official" 2015 MNSSHP thread

Hey all!! I'm new to the MNSSHP antics. We plan on attending September 15th, 2015. I know this is day one of the party, has anyone attended the first day in the past? What are the crowd levels like? We are going that day either way, just want an idea of what we are looking at as far as getting spots for the parade and fireworks. We are considering using the FP+ for the viewing area, thoughts? Thanks in advance!!
FPs are not available during MNSSHP. They are not needed, though. I highly recommend watching the second parade from Frontierland. With the new areas built in the hub, there should be no problem finding a good spot for fireworks. Just head to Frontierland immediately after Hallowishes, and you will easily find a front row parade spot.

Last edited:
Hey all!! I'm new to the MNSSHP antics. We plan on attending September 15th, 2015. I know this is day one of the party, has anyone attended the first day in the past? What are the crowd levels like? We are going that day either way, just want an idea of what we are looking at as far as getting spots for the parade and fireworks. We are considering using the FP+ for the viewing area, thoughts? Thanks in advance!!

We did the first party the last 2 years. Typically it's not as busy as the other parties. There are no FP+ during the party. I suggest finding a parade spot at least 30 minutes prior.

We lucked out and found a spot at the curb 15 minutes prior last year.

I prefer the 1st parade, but most people on the board recommend the 2nd parade as the best to view. We ate during the 2nd parade and had Cosmic Rays all to ourself , did a trick or treat stop by the speedway and did a character meet.

Another one bummed that the 1st week in Sept does not have party dates listed. I'm banking on something fun those days MK closes early. Maybe they are waiting on seeing how full onsite hotel bookings are before adding???

Does anyone know if Disney has ever added additional dates for MNSSHP for other years? I was really hoping for a September 1 party.

Does anyone know if Disney has ever added additional dates for MNSSHP for other years? I was really hoping for a September 1 party.

I really think that our best chance is letting them know. Call or email Disney and tell them.

I wonder if the dates on the app just haven't been updated yet. I went ahead and emailed Disney asking them about the early September dates. I'm still crossing my fingers that they add a party on Labor Day!

Does any one know how many tickets are available for each night?

To edit...not meaning how many an individual can purchase but overall total. I presume is several thousand but have no idea.

I wonder if the dates on the app just haven't been updated yet. I went ahead and emailed Disney asking them about the early September dates. I'm still crossing my fingers that they add a party on Labor Day!

The website reflects the dates on the blog. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/magic-kingdom/mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party/

I'm still HOPING that the lack of early parties hints to FSF coming back through Labor Day.

Does any one know how many tickets are available for each night?

To edit...not meaning how many an individual can purchase but overall total. I presume is several thousand but have no idea.

Disney doesn't give out numbers. However, a sold out party feels extremely crowded around the hub. Hopefully with the hub refurbishment it won't feel as full.

MDE saying Sept 1st has me very excited.... I checked earlier and it had no dates but now it says Sept 1. I've already started on our costumes so I will be VERY bummed if we miss out. It'll be too cold to wear them on actual Halloween in VT. Fingers crossed!

We are visiting during the week of Columbus Day and I wasn't originally planning on doing MNSSHP at all since we will have two 5 year olds who are usually asleep by 8pm. However, with parties on all but one night that we are there, I read up on it, and I think it looks like tons of fun. My question is whether it's worth it to go for the experience if we're only able to make it to 9:00 or 10:00?

We are visiting during the week of Columbus Day and I wasn't originally planning on doing MNSSHP at all since we will have two 5 year olds who are usually asleep by 8pm. However, with parties on all but one night that we are there, I read up on it, and I think it looks like tons of fun. My question is whether it's worth it to go for the experience if we're only able to make it to 9:00 or 10:00?

I think it is! Last year was the first my son made it past 10. All other times, by 9 he was too tired. We still got the main things covered, parade, stage show, fireworks, a couple character meets and some major trick or treating. If they want to see mainly the characters, you could end up spending most of your time in character lines. Some lines start forming around 5-5:30.

My DD is also use to going to bed at 8 but made it until 11pm when we took her in 2013, she was 4 1/2 then. We slept in the day of the party, enjoyed some pool time at the resort and went to DTD for an early lunch. We hit MK at 4pm for a 4:30 ADR. After dinner, we took our time and just walked around and enjoyed alot of the shops on Main street and saw things that we would normally walk past on the way to a ride or show. Once the party got underway at 7, we were able to do all the candy trails, watch the 1st parade on main street, see the fireworks near the hub, do a couple meet and greets, including Jack and Sally, and rode most all the rides that were open that night. We all dressed in costumes and it was one of the biggest highlights of the trip. How many kids, or adults, can say that they trick-or-treated in the MK.:goodvibes
DD and I are going back this fall (she will be 6) and are definitely planning for one, maybe two, party nights. I think the key is hit the candy trails first so your kids are all hyped up on sugar, you'll be amazed how long they can stay up past their normal bedtime, LOL :thumbsup2

I think the key is hit the candy trails first so your kids are all hyped up on sugar, you'll be amazed how long they can stay up past their normal bedtime, LOL :thumbsup2

Yes, this, lol! Also, we are from Colorado and use the time difference to our advantage. We've lucked out and been able to do MNSSHP our first or second night when our sleep schedules are still two hours off. My DS2 stayed up until 11pm last year, which was only 9pm our time, with the help of a little sugar. This year it will be out last night, but I'm still hoping he makes it to 10 or so.

I've seen lots of people disappointed for the missing early September dates. I think we should contact Disney and let them know. As it seems they did plan for parties on those dates (based on the MK closing early/no wishes fireworks), if enough people contact them, maybe they can add those dates. I know is wishful thinking, but it is what I have left :(

If you look up the MNSSHP on the MDE app it actually gives the dates for 2015 as 'select nights from September 1 and November 1'
(as shown by a PP screenshot!)

I would like to know the reasoning from Disney behind the difference between the blog and MDE app.

Also an explanation for the early closing of MK on Sept 1, 4 and 7 would be great too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter