"Official" 2015 MNSSHP thread

We're there oct 10 to oct 31st

We won't book until the day before as we don't want to go to another sold out night, but I still need to have a rough idea of which nights would be suitable. We're on the ddp so I will need to plan a few evenings without ADRs
I failed miserably at predicting low attendance in 2013 lol
I hope TP will do their attendance forecast like they did last year, but meanwhile if anyone's received a crystal ball for christmas, please share your insight ;)

We won't book until the day before as we don't want to go to another sold out night, but I still need to have a rough idea of which nights would be suitable. We're on the ddp so I will need to plan a few evenings without ADRs
I hope TP will do their attendance forecast like they did last year, but meanwhile if anyone's received a crystal ball for christmas, please share your insight ;)

Wow! That is a very, very long visit to WDW. Most Americans can't even get three weeks in a row off, unless they are between jobs.

I find it hard to imagine that you will have difficulty getting into the best party, since you will be at WDW for most of them.

No crystal ball, sorry. The first post lists dates that sold out last year. Maybe that will help a little?

Thank you all for your responses. I definitely think the candy will help fuel a couple extra hours of fun and I would love for the girls to be able to say they trick or treated at Disney. I don't know how into the characters they'll be (we haven't been before) but I know they will enjoy the candy, decorations, parade, and fireworks. I think we'll definitely try for tickets. Now to start thinking about costumes!

Ooh! Just found this board yay. So we want to go to the Halloween party but between the hotel and four tickets we are talking about $500 for the one day. Just not sure if we can swing it. My husband and I are torn! This effects our reservation dates so am going to ask opinions...
Our LAN arrive late night 10/30
Spend morning at resort, go to Party

The kids will be 8 and 4 we will probably stay 4-10. I love Halloween, my fav holiday and we don't plan to go in the fall again perhaps ever. We have been in October and nov but never to the parties. Our next trip 2-3 years form now will be in May. We cannot go earlier I the month or September because I am the chair of the school Halloween party :)

Another option we thought of to save hotel money is to fly on October 31, and got to the party on nov 1st. Just tell the kids we are moving hallowene over one day I don't THINK it will be a big deal. So now I wonder is the last day still the same? Do they run out of candy or anyhting else? Is it generally cheaper?

What would you do? I hate that the party tickets are non refundable.

Adding: if you are in the area on Halloween (if we still fly in on the 30th but do not attend the party at all or not on the 31st) what is there to do? Is there trick or treating anywhere else?

Last edited:
Also if we spent the same money we might be able to get a dvc rental at AKL...but then no party at all.right now we are booked at pop. We don't care much, we've only stayed at AoA but staying at AKL would be amazing too...

Thank you all for your responses. I definitely think the candy will help fuel a couple extra hours of fun and I would love for the girls to be able to say they trick or treated at Disney. I don't know how into the characters they'll be (we haven't been before) but I know they will enjoy the candy, decorations, parade, and fireworks. I think we'll definitely try for tickets. Now to start thinking about costumes!

This is the trick or treat pattern we used. At start of party, Splash Mountain Trail, then over to POTC, Tiki Room, then went to Club Villain.

There is a ToT stop at Club Villain and dancing with the villains.

Ooh! Just found this board yay. So we want to go to the Halloween party but between the hotel and four tickets we are talking about $500 for the one day. Just not sure if we can swing it. My husband and I are torn! This effects our reservation dates so am going to ask opinions...
Our LAN arrive late night 10/30
Spend morning at resort, go to Party

The kids will be 8 and 4 we will probably stay 4-10. I love Halloween, my fav holiday and we don't plan to go in the fall again perhaps ever. We have been in October and nov but never to the parties. Our next trip 2-3 years form now will be in May. We cannot go earlier I the month or September because I am the chair of the school Halloween party :)

Another option we thought of to save hotel money is to fly on October 31, and got to the party on nov 1st. Just tell the kids we are moving hallowene over one day I don't THINK it will be a big deal. So now I wonder is the last day still the same? Do they run out of candy or anyhting else? Is it generally cheaper?

What would you do? I hate that the party tickets are non refundable.

Adding: if you are in the area on Halloween (if we still fly in on the 30th but do not attend the party at all or not on the 31st) what is there to do? Is there trick or treating anywhere else?

Also if we spent the same money we might be able to get a dvc rental at AKL...but then no party at all.right now we are booked at pop. We don't care much, we've only stayed at AoA but staying at AKL would be amazing too...

Each party is treated the same. I've never heard of them running out of candy. Last year, people were reporting getting a handful of candy at each stop. Price goes up for the later parties, and they will sell out.

Each resort has their own Halloween activity. You can do a search to see what the resorts did last year.

The tickets are non-refundable. I've been to several parties where it rained and outdoor things were cancelled or delayed.

Me & DH will be attending our first party this Oct. SO EXCITED! I wanted to eat in The Castle on the night we attend the party but was reading about The Villian's Soiree inside the castle. Will they still serve dinner on those nights if they do the Soiree again this year? TIA Love all the great info.

Me & DBF will have the chance to attend a MNSSHP - so excited!! We will be in WDW from 09/25 to 10/02.
Which party will be less crowed - the one at 09/27 (Sunday) or the one at 10/01 (Thursday)?

The problem is - we are planning to enjoy the late night event at Epcot during F&W and those will probably be on Thursday. Therefore we would prefer the party at Sunday.

Joining in for the fun! It will be myself, DH, DS (6), DD (4) and baby (6 months). This will be our first time going to Disney World in the fall and our first time going to MNSSHP!! We're not a big 'halloween' family, but this party looks like so much fun and I know my kids will have a blast. My only plans are to meet Jack and Sally, maybe Jack Sparrow, watch the parade and trick or treat. My kids are not super into the characters so we won't be scouting out any other characters or villians during the party. As of right now we're planning for the Friday October 16th party. But that may change once park hours are released. We're not dressing up, but going with a Nightmare Before Xmas theme. My DD has a dress with a glow in the dark Jack and Sally embroided on it and my DS has a shirt with a glow in the dark Jack. Baby will be dressed as either Jack or Sally, depending on if baby is a boy or girl! :)

Me & DBF will have the chance to attend a MNSSHP - so excited!! We will be in WDW from 09/25 to 10/02.
Which party will be less crowed - the one at 09/27 (Sunday) or the one at 10/01 (Thursday)?

The problem is - we are planning to enjoy the late night event at Epcot during F&W and those will probably be on Thursday. Therefore we would prefer the party at Sunday.

Last year, Fri Sept 26 and Thurs Oct 9 were the closes ones to sell out.

Just realized our first day there will be the day of the first party. On the night when MK is open for this, does the transportation run late as well? If we do the party, will we still be able to get the boat back to the WL afterwards, or will we be on our own to get back?

Thanks!

We will be attending our first ever Halloween party, and I am thrilled! What are the temperatures usually like? I'll be watching this thread for more hints/tips as to how to plan for this event. I have no idea what to expect, so it's going to take some research to figure out my family's priorities for the party.

Why are Sunday nights so crowded? I thought they would be better than a Friday, but now I'm not sure. Our flight will leave early Monday morning, so if Sunday is just as crowded as Friday then I guess Friday would be our best day.

What park do you go to in the morning?

Just realized our first day there will be the day of the first party. On the night when MK is open for this, does the transportation run late as well? If we do the party, will we still be able to get the boat back to the WL afterwards, or will we be on our own to get back?

Thanks!

Yes, the transportation will still be running. If you stay until the end of the party, expect the buses and boats to be pretty crowded, just like leaving the park at the end of any other day. My dad was shocked we had to wait for a second bus last year lol.

If you look up the MNSSHP on the MDE app it actually gives the dates for 2015 as 'select nights from September 1 and November 1'
(as shown by a PP screenshot!)

I would like to know the reasoning from Disney behind the difference between the blog and MDE app.

Also an explanation for the early closing of MK on Sept 1, 4 and 7 would be great too!

I called in and the CM confirmed the start date of the 15th. He said that the rumored dates were to begin early September. Maybe the calendar is not updated yet? Maybe more dates will be added? If I remember correctly from last year, the turn out was not great the first week of September. Labor Day especially. I paid close attention to posts on the Villian Soiree and the one for the 1st night. I recall comments about how the park felt empty.

It sounds like a lot of people are planning on going the 1st night. I think I might change my date. That might be busier than usual for an early September party.

Thanks!

Yes, Disney transporation runs late. You will have no problem getting back to WL. Transportation runs til 1am on party nights. :)

We will be attending our first ever Halloween party, and I am thrilled! What are the temperatures usually like? I'll be watching this thread for more hints/tips as to how to plan for this event. I have no idea what to expect, so it's going to take some research to figure out my family's priorities for the party.

Why are Sunday nights so crowded? I thought they would be better than a Friday, but now I'm not sure. Our flight will leave early Monday morning, so if Sunday is just as crowded as Friday then I guess Friday would be our best day.

What park do you go to in the morning?

Temperatures vary. I remember going to some of the MNSSHP and freezing and others wishing I had a lighter costume.

Sundays were listed as preferred days to go last year. Only 1 sold out. Hopefully TP or easywdw will make a list of best party days again.

I don't remember any Fridays as being AP discounted days, maybe I'm wrong? Yet several sold out.

Here's the sold out list from the fist post:
Fri Sept 26
Thurs Oct 9
Fri Oct 10
Mon Oct 13
Thurs Oct 16
Fri Oct 17
Sun Oct 19
Fri Oct 24
Tues Oct 28
Thurs Oct 30th
Friday Oct 31

I called in and the CM confirmed the start date of the 15th. He said that the rumored dates were to begin early September. Maybe the calendar is not updated yet? Maybe more dates will be added? If I remember correctly from last year, the turn out was not great the first week of September. Labor Day especially. I paid close attention to posts on the Villian Soiree and the one for the 1st night. I recall comments about how the park felt empty.

We went the first day last year and it was a low crowd, but felt more crowded then the 1st day the year before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter