"Official" 2015 MNSSHP thread

Is there much difference between going Thursday, October 1 or Friday, October 2? I'm not sure which one would work better.

You're more inclined to get locals on a Friday. Shoot for Thursday if you can swing it.

I've never bought tickets except through Disney. Hopefully, someone else can help you. MNSSHP tickets won't go on sale until April according to the Disney Blog.

Passholders usually find out online or through the Mickey Monitor which days are discounted for them.

Thanks! I actually spoke with UT today (they are so nice!), and they said they were only allowed to sell tickets for one weekend last year. So that would probably work out better for a local.

We will be there From Oct 26 to Nov 2 so we have 4 dates to choose from. We usually go Halloween night, but might change that this year.

I have to say I'm really bummed about this. Planning a Aug 28 -Sept 4 trip and was hoping for the halloween party...... why change a good thing?

This will be our 1st party and we are so excited. DD really wants us to dress up but DH and I haven't decided yet. We are going to be at Disney Oct.9-17. There is a party 5 out of the 8 nights we are there. Originally I thought it better to go tues night but looking at crowd calendars that's a "higher" crowd level day then Thursday. What do you guys think?

We are going for the first time this year. It looks like there is a ton to do. Would you recommend only doing one party? We could probably swing 2 parties, but not sure if it is worth it.

DD will be 3 and is a night owl, so we will be staying til close. DH really wants to see the parade and special characters. I'm a fireworks gal. DD will probably enjoy the dance parties. Not sure if we will do the trick or treating.

I have my trip scheduled since October (11 months DVC window) for Sept 4-12 to catch at least one MNSSHP (can't go later because of work) and now I find out this. Really sad .

Anyone more experienced than me think they can add parties on those 1, 4 and 7 slots later?

It's really frustrating to have to schedule sp far in advance and not getting what you want.

I'll be going on October 25th! It will be my first MNSSHP and the party will be my friend's first time seeing the castle ever :)

I have to say I'm really bummed about this. Planning a Aug 28 -Sept 4 trip and was hoping for the halloween party...... why change a good thing?

Me too so sad. I saw the hours for Sept 1st had a 7pm close, thought we were a shoo-in for MNSSHP... even planned our family costume :( Hope they add more dates?? I can dream, right?

This will be our 1st party and we are so excited. DD really wants us to dress up but DH and I haven't decided yet. We are going to be at Disney Oct.9-17. There is a party 5 out of the 8 nights we are there. Originally I thought it better to go tues night but looking at crowd calendars that's a "higher" crowd level day then Thursday. What do you guys think?

Columbus Day is in there. That makes things tricky. Some of the schools have off Friday and some Monday, which makes a 4 day weekend. It's hard to say. Last year there seemed to be an increase in sold out and high crowd parties. I think if they keep the Villain's Soirée that increases will continue.

We are going for the first time this year. It looks like there is a ton to do. Would you recommend only doing one party? We could probably swing 2 parties, but not sure if it is worth it.

DD will be 3 and is a night owl, so we will be staying til close. DH really wants to see the parade and special characters. I'm a fireworks gal. DD will probably enjoy the dance parties. Not sure if we will do the trick or treating.

I definitely recommend two parties if you can. It's impossible to get everything done in one party, some things are weather dependent and can get cancelled, especially if there is lightning.

Some of the characters have crazy long lines and people start lining up for some around 5pm. It makes more sense to me to wait 2 hours in line before a party then waste 2 hours standing in line during the party. Jack and Sally and the 7 Dwarfs can attract long lines.

I'll be going on October 25th! It will be my first MNSSHP and the party will be my friend's first time seeing the castle ever :)

Those are some big firsts!

I do find it interesting that the TA operating schedules have7pm closings for Sept 1, 4 and 7th for MK though

I hope they change that soon if it is not correct. I will be making ADR's on 3/9 and need to come up with a plan B if they are closing that early on those days (don't think they are but they need correct it if not).

We will be attending on Thurs October 29th... We don't have any kids so it will be just future DH and myself... still excited; I love Halloween!! lol

Hey all!! I'm new to the MNSSHP antics. We plan on attending September 15th, 2015. I know this is day one of the party, has anyone attended the first day in the past? What are the crowd levels like? We are going that day either way, just want an idea of what we are looking at as far as getting spots for the parade and fireworks. We are considering using the FP+ for the viewing area, thoughts? Thanks in advance!!

Me too so sad. I saw the hours for Sept 1st had a 7pm close, thought we were a shoo-in for MNSSHP... even planned our family costume :( Hope they add more dates?? I can dream, right?

I've seen lots of people disappointed for the missing early September dates. I think we should contact Disney and let them know. As it seems they did plan for parties on those dates (based on the MK closing early/no wishes fireworks), if enough people contact them, maybe they can add those dates. I know is wishful thinking, but it is what I have left :(

Thanks @smitch425 !

These are the sold out dates from 2014.

Fri Sept 26

Thurs Oct 9

Fri Oct 10

Mon Oct 13

Thurs Oct 16

Fri Oct 17

Sun Oct 19

Fri Oct 24

Tues Oct 28

Thurs Oct 30th

Friday Oct 31

There were no Nov parties in 2014.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter