Official 2016 5th Anniversary Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend!

Ariel484

DIS Veteran
Calling all pixies...

image.jpg

Dates: May 5-8, 2016
Registration Opens: July 28, 2015 for DVC/AP, August 11, 2015 for everyone else
Link: www.rundisney.com/tinker-bell-half-marathon
2016 Race Weekend Program
2015 Race Weekend Program

Events

Never Land 5K

Friday, May 6, 2016
5:00 AM

Tinker Bell 5K
Saturday, May 7, 2016
5:30 AM

Tinker Bell Half Marathon
Sunday, May 8, 2016

Pixie Dust Challenge - Tinker Bell 10K + Tinker Bell Half Marathon

Entry Fees and Deadlines

Tinker Bell Half Marathon presented by PANDORA Jewelry - STILL OPEN!!
  • $199 by August 25, 2015
  • $215 between August 26 and September 8, 2015
  • $230 on or after September 9, 2015

Pixie Dust Challenge presented by PANDORA Jewelry - SOLD OUT!
  • $330 by August 25, 2015
  • $355 between August 26 and September 8, 2015
  • $380 on or after September 9, 2015

Tinker Bell 10K presented by PANDORA Jewelry - SOLD OUT!
  • $110 by August 25, 2015
  • $125 between August 26 and September 8, 2015
  • $140 on or after September 9, 2015

Never Land 5K presented by PANDORA Jewelry - SOLD OUT!
  • $75 per participant by September 8, 2015
  • $85 per participant on or after September 9, 2015

runDisney Kids Races - SOLD OUT!
  • $20 per participant by September 8, 2015
  • $25 per participant on or after September 9, 2015

Proof of Time Submission (September 15, 2015 - February 2, 2016)
Half Marathon and Pixie Dust Challenge participants - submit your time (10K or longer after May 1, 2014) here!

12484775_1336895519669740_3052614901933064046_o.jpg

:tinker: Who's In?

Kids Races
Lil dec2009mama
Mil leech kiddo

Never Land 5K

Anisum
Ariel484
Ariel484 Mom
Benisa
BlazerFan
BlazerFan Daughter
BlazerFan Son-In-Law
Mr. dec2009mama
DWorldOrBust
Keels
kim3339
lurkergirl
pxefig
runjanerun
S'Mores
VickiHD
Mr. VickiHD
VickiHD Mouseketeer

Tinker Bell 10K
Ariel484
DaisyEmily
hiroMYhero
hiroMYhero BFF (Anna)
Kender Mom
runjanerun
Shananana daughter
StartedByAMouse
StartedByAMouse Daughter
theotherlostprincess
tjcrabb? (10K or half marathon)

ashleysev
bevcgg
Bella Ella **Legacy Runner**
BlazerFan Sister-In-Law
Blue Caterpillar
Deborah
flvy
Hien
Jackie Skellington
lynann
kirstie101
sperkins921
**C2C**
tinaleed
tjcrabb? (10K or half marathon)
VickiHD **Legacy Runner**
The_Banking_Scot

Pixie Dust Challenge
Anisum **C2C**
Benisa
BlazerFan **Legacy Runner**
BlazerFan Daughter
BlazerFan Son-In-Law

dec2009mama
DWorldOrBust
emzben25
FairyPrincessMerida
huggybuff
**C2C**
Keels **C2C**
kelly 1 **C2C**
Kender **C2C**
kim3339 **Legacy Runner**
liesel **Legacy Runner**
LottiesMommy
Mil leech
Mr. Mil leech
Mimsy Borogove **C2C**
Mimsy Borogove BRF **C2C**
MrsMcKenzie
pclvnmcky88
pxefig
ReindeerMom **Legacy Runner**
rjnauroth **C2C**
Shananana
S'Mores
swooshbear
TaraHumphrey
TaraHumphrey Friend
TinkFan1
WDWarchitectureguy
Wink25 **Legacy Runner**

Cheerleaders :cheer2:
BlazerFan Husband
SarahDisney

Last edited:
Anyone else going? I am admittedly not the biggest Tink fan, but I need that pink Coast-to-Coast medal!! princess::tinker:

I KNEW IT!

I'm in. I bought PDC registration last year, but had to defer. 2016 it is!

Tink doesn't fit into my schedule for 2016, but I want to do it eventually ... can I be a non-runner member of the thread? I'll be a really good cheerleader for those of you lucky enough to participate!

I actually should have done the Neverland 5K this year, but I was stupid and decided to wait until after my first runDisney event (Princess 5K) to register for my second one ... for some strange reason I thought there was a possibility that I wouldn't love the runDisney experience (I know, crazy). So I spent all of this year's Tink weekend feeling sad that I was in NY and not Disneyland ... and then looked at my schedule for 2016 and realized that Tink wouldn't work for me. So I'll have to wait at least another year to run with Tinkerbell :(

I KNEW IT!

I'm in. I bought PDC registration last year, but had to defer. 2016 it is!
:teeth: Husband semi-okay'd it. Good enough for me!
Tink doesn't fit into my schedule for 2016, but I want to do it eventually ... can I be a non-runner member of the thread? I'll be a really good cheerleader for those of you lucky enough to participate!
But of course!! :welcome:
I actually should have done the Neverland 5K this year, but I was stupid and decided to wait until after my first runDisney event (Princess 5K) to register for my second one ... for some strange reason I thought there was a possibility that I wouldn't love the runDisney experience (I know, crazy). So I spent all of this year's Tink weekend feeling sad that I was in NY and not Disneyland ... and then looked at my schedule for 2016 and realized that Tink wouldn't work for me. So I'll have to wait at least another year to run with Tinkerbell :(
Not crazy, I can understand wanting to wait - these races are expensive!! :)

I like how you think!

"What are you doing?"
"[Insert Race Name Here] race. Remember four months ago you said it was cool?"
"Oh. Yeah. Right. I guess? I don't have to do it, right?"

That's how conversations happen at my house.

I like how you think!

"What are you doing?"
"[Insert Race Name Here] race. Remember four months ago you said it was cool?"
"Oh. Yeah. Right. I guess? I don't have to do it, right?"

That's how conversations happen at my house.
Me (pointing to the Tink ad in Runner's World): can I do this one?
Mr. Ariel484: the one in February?
Me: no, this one is in May
Mr. A: Do we have enough money for it?
Me: Yes
Mr. A: yeah sure

:teeth:

And now I'm kicking myself for not getting a DL AP. I got tickets from a secondary source for a small price break, and I'm pretty sure they cannot be upgraded to APs. :( Booooo

I only know about tickets from Way.com and you can upgrade those to APs, though I don't think they "price bridge" like they do at WDW. And I only know this because I asked last summer when I thought I'd be going back to California more often.

But rD tickets, or tickets via Get Travel, etc., will state up-front that you can't upgrade.

Orbitz is a grey area.

You totally read my mind @Ariel484 ! I was thinking about asking you yesterday if you had plans for Tink and were willing to start this thread!

I'm in for PDC - for registration anyway. I may end up deferring if I can't get the time off from work. I'm already taking time for Princess in Feb and the WDW marathon in 2017, so any time in May is at my boss' discretion. Hopefully we can make it work - I think she's planning on doing Tink as well. I really want to get back to DL one more time before June and my AP expires.

My daughter turns 10 in April so this will be the first time she'll be old enough to do a RunDisney 10k. She did run one of the Kids Races at the Disneyland Half weekend last year and I've run a bunch of Disney races but the Tinker Bell 10k will be our first real father/daughter running event together. We've been going to the track together lately and I thought that I'd be pacing her but seeing her tear around the track, I think I'll be the one holding her back. LOL! This will be my first race at the Tinker Bell weekend mainly because the theme didn't really appeal to me but it's the perfect RunDisney introduction to the longer distances for my little girl. Can't wait!

My daughter turns 10 in April so this will be the first time she'll be old enough to do a RunDisney 10k. She did run one of the Kids Races at the Disneyland Half weekend last year and I've run a bunch of Disney races but the Tinker Bell 10k will be our first real father/daughter running event together. We've been going to the track together lately and I thought that I'd be pacing her but seeing her tear around the track, I think I'll be the one holding her back. LOL! This will be my first race at the Tinker Bell weekend mainly because the theme didn't really appeal to me but it's the perfect RunDisney introduction to the longer distances for my little girl. Can't wait!
I'm not gonna lie, the theme doesn't appeal to me that much either...but I've heard the courses are the best ones at Disneyland and I want that Coast-to-Coast medal!

So much fun that you will be running with your daughter!! :)

Tink weekend may be a family affair for me too - yesterday it occurred to me that since this trip is over Mother's Day weekend, maybe my mom would want to come! She's come along for a few runDisney weekends before but has never participated in a race due to creaky knees. I texted her last night and asked if she wanted to do the 5K - she responded yes pretty quickly, and seemed more enthusiastic when I told her she could walk the 5K if she needed to. :)

I'm still not completely sure she fully knows what she agreed to (mostly that this is the California park, not the Florida park) but yay!! I'd pay her registration fee for a Mother's Day gift, of course. I'm excited that she may finally see why I love these races so much after spectating 3 of them. :) She doesn't love Disney *quite* as much as I do but I think she'd still have fun.

Thanks for setting up this thread!

I'm in for all 3, but not sure if it'll be as the PDC or individually. I know they used to do different bibs for legacy so people could tell when you finish so you could get the medal w/ the special lanyard, but not sure if that's how it's still done and how they would know post finish if you have the challenge bib instead of the 1/2 one. Does anyone know? I want to email rD on it, but I know if I send it twice, I'll get 2 different answers.

Calling all pixies...
View attachment 106905

Dates: May 5-8, 2016
Registration Opens: July 28, 2015 for DVC/AP, August 11, 2015 for everyone else
Link: www.rundisney.com/tinker-bell-half-marathon

Events

Never Land 5K

Friday, May 6, 2016
5:00 AM

Tinker Bell 5K
Saturday, May 7, 2016

Sunday, May 8, 2016

Pixie Dust Challenge - Tinker Bell 10K + Tinker Bell Half Marathon

Entry Fees and Deadlines

Tinker Bell Half Marathon presented by PANDORA Jewelry
  • $199 by August 25, 2015
  • $215 between August 26 and September 8, 2015
  • $230 on or after September 9, 2015

Pixie Dust Challenge presented by PANDORA Jewelry
  • $330 by August 25, 2015
  • $355 between August 26 and September 8, 2015
  • $380 on or after September 9, 2015

Tinker Bell 10K presented by PANDORA Jewelry
  • $110 by August 25, 2015
  • $125 between August 26 and September 8, 2015
  • $140 on or after September 9, 2015

Never Land 5K presented by PANDORA Jewelry
  • $75 per participant by September 8, 2015
  • $85 per participant on or after September 9, 2015

runDisney Kids Races
  • $20 per participant by September 8, 2015
  • $25 per participant on or after September 9, 2015

Who's In?
Ariel484 (Shannon :wave:) - Never Land 5K + Pixie Dust Challenge (pink C2C)
Ariel484 Mom - Never Land 5K
Keels - Pixie Dust Challenge (pink C2C)
SarahDisney - Cheerleader :cheer2:
Mimsy Borogove - Pixie Dust Challenge (blue C2C)
Mimsy Borogove BRF - Pixie Dust Challenge (blue C2C)
huggybuff - Pixie Dust Challenge (pink C2C)
StartedByAMouse - Tinker Bell 10K
StartedByAMouse Daughter - Tinker Bell 10K
Tinkfan1. Pixie Dust Challenge

Thanks for setting up this thread!

I'm in for all 3, but not sure if it'll be as the PDC or individually. I know they used to do different bibs for legacy so people could tell when you finish so you could get the medal w/ the special lanyard, but not sure if that's how it's still done and how they would know post finish if you have the challenge bib instead of the 1/2 one. Does anyone know? I want to email rD on it, but I know if I send it twice, I'll get 2 different answers.
I have no idea what they do for legacy runners, but surely they'd find a way to recognize you if you signed up for PDC? I would hope so!!
Tinkfan1. Pixie Dust Challenge
:wave:

Tink weekend may be a family affair for me too - yesterday it occurred to me that since this trip is over Mother's Day weekend, maybe my mom would want to come! She's come along for a few runDisney weekends before but has never participated in a race due to creaky knees. I texted her last night and asked if she wanted to do the 5K - she responded yes pretty quickly, and seemed more enthusiastic when I told her she could walk the 5K if she needed to. :)

I'm still not completely sure she fully knows what she agreed to (mostly that this is the California park, not the Florida park) but yay!! I'd pay her registration fee for a Mother's Day gift, of course. I'm excited that she may finally see why I love these races so much after spectating 3 of them. :) She doesn't love Disney *quite* as much as I do but I think she'd still have fun.

I've done ALL of the Disney halfs except for Star Wars. Wine and Dine is my favorite course, and Tink is my second favorite course. They really squeeze every little bit of theme park real estate that they possibly can for the course. And the 5k is a MUST DO in my book. I overall feel like and Disney 5k is overpriced for a 5k, but (unless they change the course on us) this one starts in a theme park, which means all the early morning waiting around in done one Main St. instead of a parking lot corral and has some amazing fireworks to start it. For me, the challenge and the 5k are the must do for the weekend. All this Tink talk has made me excited for it. I might have to be selfish on Mothers Day and give myself a runDisney weekend!

I've done ALL of the Disney halfs except for Star Wars. Wine and Dine is my favorite course, and Tink is my second favorite course. They really squeeze every little bit of theme park real estate that they possibly can for the course. And the 5k is a MUST DO in my book. I overall feel like and Disney 5k is overpriced for a 5k, but (unless they change the course on us) this one starts in a theme park, which means all the early morning waiting around in done one Main St. instead of a parking lot corral and has some amazing fireworks to start it. For me, the challenge and the 5k are the must do for the weekend. All this Tink talk has made me excited for it. I might have to be selfish on Mothers Day and give myself a runDisney weekend!
After this one I'll have Star Wars and Avengers left (and Paris...but I'm not sure I'll ever do that one). I agree with you that Wine & Dine is the best course at WDW, by far. Haven't actually run in Disneyland yet but I hear over and over how Tink is the best course, so I'm excited for that!

Great point about waiting for the 5K on Main Street instead of in a parking lot! That did not even occur to me! :yay:

Going off of what pxefig mentioned about the 5k, it also is the only one that still finishes by LM and WOC in DCA. The whole course is either inside the parks or backstage. And the mile markers are themed really well. After the DL 5k in Sept, I'm not doing the 5k's anymore except for the Tink b/c the course is awesome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter