Official 2016 5th Anniversary Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend!

After this one I'll have Star Wars and Avengers left (and Paris...but I'm not sure I'll ever do that one). I agree with you that Wine & Dine is the best course at WDW, by far. Haven't actually run in Disneyland yet but I hear over and over how Tink is the best course, so I'm excited for that!

Great point about waiting for the 5K on Main Street instead of in a parking lot! That did not even occur to me! :yay:
Tinkerbell weekend was my first runDisney anything. Not that I was a Tink fan, but because its schedule fit in with what was happening. At the time I didn't have the perspective of other runDisney experiences to realize how incredibly special the 5k is. With Disney stuff this word is thrown around so much, but the Neverland 5k is truly ... magical.
I had debated about the phrasing about the runDisney course preferences. I had at first written that Wine and Dine was my favorite WDW course and Tink my favorite DL course, but that phrasing made it sound like they were equal, which they aren't. Wine and Dine is the best half course, Tink is second.

The 5K is only like $75, it's not that bad ...

That's true. AND, since I already paid for PDC this year and had to defer ... it's like I'm getting to run next year for free. Right?

#FuzzyMathLogic

But really, though, other than Dopey - if I'm going to do three straight mornings of early mornings, it's most definitely going to be on the West Coast where it's basically like waking up for normal races here at home even though that's not really what the clock says.

That's true. AND, since I already paid for PDC this year and had to defer ... it's like I'm getting to run next year for free. Right?

Well, if I remember correctly, you have to pay any difference in price, so it might just be really cheap, not free.

But really, though, other than Dopey - if I'm going to do three straight mornings of early mornings, it's most definitely going to be on the West Coast where it's basically like waking up for normal races here at home even though that's not really what the clock says.

Exactly! If you have to be up for a 5:30 race in California, that's like being up for a 7:30 race in Texas!
And that's part of why I want to do my first half at Disneyland ... if I start on NY time and finish on California time, then it'll be over before I even start!

Well, now you people are making me think about the 5K as well.

My husband is going to kill me ...
You have to do the 5k!!! And not to spoil anything, but there is a section backstage that we run through both for the 5k and 1/2 (don't remember about the 10k) and they do something special for the 5k that they don't do for the 1/2. ;)

When my husband takes my Internet away, it's going to be because all y'all convinced me to spend my allowance on these races!

Well, now you people are making me think about the 5K as well.

My husband is going to kill me ...

Ha. I hadn't been thinking about doing these races at all. And now I'm looking into how to make it to Tink again ...

Dang! I REALLY want to get the pink Coast to Coast medal too! I think my DH will have a coronary if I even ask him, lol! We are doing a family trip to WDW in September, DD25 and I are doing W&D in November, and she and I are doing PHM in February. So far I have only paid for my plane tickets for September and my hotel for September and November (unless I decide not to stay offsite at Bonnet Creek!). I will say a definite maybe for the Half! I just need to check and see if my money tree in the back yard has bloomed again after the PHM registration! :)

Anyone thinking about costumes for this one yet? I found myself sort of picking then out during my long run on Saturday (yes, already). I always thought I'd try to dress Wendy-like for this race if I ever did it, but that would require me buying an entirely new outfit. I have some really nice running tops that have flowers on them, so I think I'll probably pick my 3 favorites and wear one for each of the races with a solid-colored running skirt. That works, right? Reminiscent of Pixie Hollow and all that? :confused3

Anyone thinking about costumes for this one yet? I found myself sort of picking then out during my long run on Saturday (yes, already). I always thought I'd try to dress Wendy-like for this race if I ever did it, but that would require me buying an entirely new outfit. I have some really nice running tops that have flowers on them, so I think I'll probably pick my 3 favorites and wear one for each of the races with a solid-colored running skirt. That works, right? Reminiscent of Pixie Hollow and all that? :confused3
For this weekend, I've always stuck w/ Smee for the 5k and Hook for the 1/2. I'm thinking maybe this year b/c it's the 5th, Tink-esque for the 1/2; I have a green shirt/skirt and have the Tink ears I could wear. I did Wendy for the 10k this year was pretty cheap, just bought a light blue running shirt and some ribbon at Michael's to tie around the top like she has and around my ponytail.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter