Official 2016 5th Anniversary Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend!

Any guesses whether New Balance will release another Tink shoe this year? I've just gotten into running and have been stalking last year's on eBay but wondering if I should wait a few weeks just in case. (I'm not able to make Tink this year, but it's on my list for 2017!)

Any guesses whether New Balance will release another Tink shoe this year? I've just gotten into running and have been stalking last year's on eBay but wondering if I should wait a few weeks just in case. (I'm not able to make Tink this year, but it's on my list for 2017!)
You tell me, you're the Expert... ;)

Sorry, had to! But you probably get that a lot...

Anyway, I think this year's line-up is set st M&M, Ariel and Dumbo. Same shoes that have been at the other expos this year.

Does the Tinkerbell Half have runner tracking like the WDW races?
TIA
It looks like it. I found this on the Tinkerbell Half section of the runDisney website:
"Family and friends will be able to track participants with live online runner tracking for the half marathon and 10K. Participants will have the opportunity to send split times via email, text messaging, and social media by registering for this service on the event website (available approximately one week prior to the race)."

Next question...Photopass+
So I clicked on the link from the email and it took me to the Disney website and to a "purchase" page. At what point does it ask for the code...which I am also confused about. Do I put in "2016-TINK-HLFx-XXXX"? I understand the last 4 x's..are my number, but what is the "x" after HLF?
TIA

Next question...Photopass+
So I clicked on the link from the email and it took me to the Disney website and to a "purchase" page. At what point does it ask for the code...which I am also confused about. Do I put in "2016-TINK-HLFx-XXXX"? I understand the last 4 x's..are my number, but what is the "x" after HLF?
TIA
For Star Wars this past weekend, if you only had a 4-digit bib, you put in a zero after the HLF. I'd imagine it's the same for Tink. :)

Also, there were PhotoPass directions on the back of the bib for Star Wars (where you fill out your personal info/med stuff), which was handy.

You tell me, you're the Expert... ;)

Sorry, had to! But you probably get that a lot...

Anyway, I think this year's line-up is set st M&M, Ariel and Dumbo. Same shoes that have been at the other expos this year.

HA! Yes, I do :) Had to change my name a while back - long story. Sigh.
I'm fairly new to the rD world and looking back it seems like the Tink shoes were introduced closer to the Tink race rather than at the beginning of the year, like the others. I was just curious if it was a trend or a one-off thing.

What I'm wondering about the Photopass is if you have to pay $39 PER RACE for it...I know it says "per day" but then it also says "all of your races," which confuses me.

Also confused as to whether or not it's included with my Premier AP. I feel like it's not, since it wasn't an option when I bought the pass, but again, I read stuff elsewhere that makes me think otherwise.

HA! Yes, I do :) Had to change my name a while back - long story. Sigh.
I'm fairly new to the rD world and looking back it seems like the Tink shoes were introduced closer to the Tink race rather than at the beginning of the year, like the others. I was just curious if it was a trend or a one-off thing.
So last year, New Balance got ambitious and announced that they were going to put out new shoe designs for each race weekend. I think they sort of lost steam by the time the Disneyland Half weekend rolled around (that's the last time I remember them putting out a new design in 2015, the Donald ones). They didn't make any such announcement this year, which is why I'm assuming that there are no new designs and that they're just sticking with what has been available so far.

At some of the earlier race weekends I think they had some of the shoes left over from 2015 that they were trying to unload, but other than that, I'd expect to just see Ariels, Dumbos and M&Ms.
Does anyone know when/if they will release the schedule for the speakers at the Expo?
They will, I think they were posting the SWDS schedule to Facebook. Is it not in the Event Guide (which I still mostly cannot open)?

So last year, New Balance got ambitious and announced that they were going to put out new shoe designs for each race weekend. I think they sort of lost steam by the time the Disneyland Half weekend rolled around (that's the last time I remember them putting out a new design in 2015, the Donald ones). They didn't make any such announcement this year, which is why I'm assuming that there are no new designs and that they're just sticking with what has been available so far.

At some of the earlier race weekends I think they had some of the shoes left over from 2015 that they were trying to unload, but other than that, I'd expect to just see Ariels, Dumbos and M&Ms.

They will, I think they were posting the SWDS schedule to Facebook. Is it not in the Event Guide (which I still mostly cannot open)?

Schedule is not in the event guide. If I remember correctly it wasn't for SWLS either.

What I'm wondering about the Photopass is if you have to pay $39 PER RACE for it...I know it says "per day" but then it also says "all of your races," which confuses me.

Also confused as to whether or not it's included with my Premier AP. I feel like it's not, since it wasn't an option when I bought the pass, but again, I read stuff elsewhere that makes me think otherwise.

Just to confirm, Premier is the pass for Florida and California parks.
If so, yes, all the race pics are included. I just did star wars dark side and all the pictures from the park and the races were in my account and accessible.

Its a great perk.

Just to confirm, Premier is the pass for Florida and California parks.
If so, yes, all the race pics are included. I just did star wars dark side and all the pictures from the park and the races were in my account and accessible.

Its a great perk.
Right, that's the pass I had. But I bought it in September, before the pictures were part of the perks, so it seems like I wouldn't get them but I've read things that make me wonder if maybe I do get them. :confused3

Right, that's the pass I had. But I bought it in September, before the pictures were part of the perks, so it seems like I wouldn't get them but I've read things that make me wonder if maybe I do get them. :confused3

bought mine last May and I was good to go. The perk was added to my pass that expires in 2 weeks.
you should be good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter