Official 2016 5th Anniversary Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend!

We are looking forward to the Cheesecake Fatory and Bubba Gump .
Hoping to score official wine glass! Don't know if there will be any left by afternoon onThursday.
Wish they would post the official merchandise.

When we were at Catal last weekend, they had a special menu for Saturday and Sunday of Tinkerbell. I think they had a great protein fish option and a pasta.

OpenTable will have reservations if Disney shows no availability.

Awesome,they look great.. Do you sew by hand or machine? Is ithard to sew in a circle? I've been wanting to try and sew some ears for awile now.

I sew with a machine, but I sew Halloween costumes and stuff like that, so I'm pretty used to seeing in awkward directions - the key is to just go slow.

It took some trial-and-error to figure out, but once I found what I was looking to do, they were easy. Just time consuming. Knits or fabric with a little bit of flex to it work a lot easier than straight-up 100-percent cotton.

Last edited:
Those ears are adorable - look just like the ones sold in the park. You're going to get a lot of envious stares next week. :thumbsup2

Those ears are adorable - look just like the ones sold in the park. You're going to get a lot of envious stares next week. :thumbsup2

Keels, those are *super* adorable!

Thanks, y'all!! I'm so thrilled with how they turned out (hence the #HumbleBrag) - and you can ask @mbwhitti and @Ariel484 ... I've been trial-and-erroring how to make these bad boys. I made a pair yesterday that I felt that were *thisclose* and then today, it was just magic.

Good to see someone being more productive than me, haha! Love the ears, Keels. Very nice job :).

I finally got around to dumping my white cool max knit into a tea dye bath (it's just too stark white so I'm trying to cut it down by "aging" the color... it's actually working despite being polyester). It's Tink 2015 all over again! Except I'm not draping a compression tank top at the last minute this time at least, but I am going to try to chemically set some pleats... and I'm making two running outfits this time since my mom is joining me for the 10K.

Just got a lesson on my new Bernina this morning (I've worked with them for years, but have never been formally trained on them) so I have so many new little tricks to try.

Cross fingers things go well and I get done by Sunday evening! Because I will likely have no more time after that with work and then leaving for Tink.

Super-cute ears, @Keels! They are definitely Instagram-worthy. :)

I've been bogged down by work and my parents' impromptu visit this weekend (love them, but yipes!) so I finally took a look at the weather forecast for next weekend and glad I did - it's going to be chillier than I expected and would have packed all wrong. Looks like more long sleeves are going in the suitcase. On the bright side, that means I can bring the race shirts from WDW Marathon weekend.

Question: do you think rD will have the heat sheets/mylar sheets available after the 10K? I still have one leftover so was going to use it for before the 10K and hoped to pick up another afterwards since I do get legit chilled after races. I didn't see any after the Dark Side Half last week, but it's also Florida and 80 degrees by 9am.

The weather..looks pretty good to me, but it is over a week out. I was actually thinking I might like it a bit cooler in the morning. I guess time will tell...
Now come on and post the merchandise. I would love to see what the CTC shirt looks like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter