• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2016 5th Anniversary Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend!

Thread lurker popping in to ask a question. Is the Tink weekend always on Mother's Day weekend? I'm starting to plan my "sales pitch" to my family to make that my mother's day adventure next year 2017. Planting the seeds early so I can register for the challenge when it opens up. Does anyone remember when registration opened for this years roughly?
(I'll probably be lurking a bunch now that I have that grand plan in my head)

Thread lurker popping in to ask a question. Is the Tink weekend always on Mother's Day weekend? I'm starting to plan my "sales pitch" to my family to make that my mother's day adventure next year 2017. Planting the seeds early so I can register for the challenge when it opens up. Does anyone remember when registration opened for this years roughly?
(I'll probably be lurking a bunch now that I have that grand plan in my head)
It hasn't always been - when they first introduced the race it was in January, but they moved it to have the Light Side Stars Wars weekend instead. If you have a magical computer (which I apparently do not) and can get the program to load from runDisney's website, they have next year's race weekend as May 11-14, so yeah, still Mother's Day.

And then there's this...registration isn't until late September.
run-disney-calendar-2016-17.jpg

Thanks Ariel...I did not think to look at the rundisney site yet since this Tink weekend has not happened yet. That's a huge help and now I have a few months of preparing my sales pitch :) That may end up being my first ever half unless the mood strikes me to do one sooner.

Transportation question:
This is my first time flying in. Its just me and one friend. We're flying in to SNA and were planning on using Uber to get to the hotel. Our flight home is out of LAX though. Should we still use Uber? Or should we super shuttle it? SS would be a bit cheaper per person. But not a crazy amount cheaper.

Transportation question:
This is my first time flying in. Its just me and one friend. We're flying in to SNA and were planning on using Uber to get to the hotel. Our flight home is out of LAX though. Should we still use Uber? Or should we super shuttle it? SS would be a bit cheaper per person. But not a crazy amount cheaper.

Shuttle2Lax.com is $22 for the first person and $13 for person number two - they're a broker for Primetime. You can also check out Lyft for a price comparison to the airport as well.

I use SuperShuttle. Not sure how the prices overall compare to other shuttle services but after taking a $10 shuttle from a shady company I decided I would go with what I know. For my hotel on Katella it's $17 per person.

I used SuperShuttle RT from LAX for Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend and it was fine - I'll be using them again for Tink (just need to actually sign up for it).

Transportation question:
If you go Super Shuttle, the discount code UYR59 will give you $3.00 off.

So anyone else notice in the iGift bag that there is a "coupon" for the one day photopass being $39. Yeah that isn't any different than the regular price! Really guys? I know the iGift stinks but that isn't a coupon!

So anyone else notice in the iGift bag that there is a "coupon" for the one day photopass being $39. Yeah that isn't any different than the regular price! Really guys? I know the iGift stinks but that isn't a coupon!

I did find that hilarious especially since it appeared to be being presented as some sort of special deal rather than the regular one day Photopass rate.

I'll actually stop for the finisher photos this time, that's for sure. I usually skip them unless they tell me I have to take them. And I'll enjoy not having to take my phone out of my flipbelt for character stops.

One thing I did like in the bag was a discount code to the Diva run. I may have to do the Temecula one next year now that I can save a little money.

Deferrals are full already!! :eek:

Holy cow! My running partner from Dopey has bailed for PDC and I was going to let her know deferrals were up, but now I guess I don't have to! In all honesty, I wasn't looking forward to it anyway, because when she told me a few months ago she wouldn't be able to go to Cali for money issues, I suggested she try to defer and she bit my head off, so I didn't really want to go there again. I like my head where it is. ;)

Anyway, wow! Looks like we're going to have a thin field, ladies (and gents). And after Dark Side this past weekend, I am so not complaining! :cool1:

Yes! Someone texted me that the link was live on Monday at noon and I did it right then and there...really glad I didn't put it off!
Wow, me too. Thanks again for posting the link. I would have been so sad to have missed out. Do deferrals usually fill up that fast? I can understand why, since most of the time you register really early a lot can happen in the in between times. If the price increase is not exorbitant and the race is not one that usually sells out I usually wait until it is pretty close before registering.

Wow, me too. Thanks again for posting the link. I would have been so sad to have missed out. Do deferrals usually fill up that fast? I can understand why, since most of the time you register really early a lot can happen in the in between times. If the price increase is not exorbitant and the race is not one that usually sells out I usually wait until it is pretty close before registering.
Truthfully, I have no idea how quickly they normally sell out. I never had to use the deferral option until this year. I do know that they used to post capacity percentages for the deferrals and they stopped doing that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter